Adventures with Him

Melt The Ice Prince Away

"Rin noona! I'm so hungry. Let's eat!"

"Yah, your brother is hungry."

"Ok, we'll take a rest for awhile."

"Rin noona! I want to eat... hmmm... pasta! And some ice cream too!"

"Ok, I'll tell your hyung. Wait, you try telling it to your hyung."

"I don't want to. He might get angry at me."

"You want to play with him, right? Then try being a nice kid to your hyung. Go, tell him."

"Ok noona. Hyung~"

"What do you want to eat, Bom?"

"Ahmmm, I want to eat spaghetti."

"That's it?"

"And some ice cream too, please."

"Ok, you small girl, what do you want to eat?"

"I told you, I'm not a small girl. You're just too tall. And please stop calling me that."

"You don't want to eat, that's fine with me."

"Wait, no! I'm... actually hungry too. Burger with fries would be fine. Oh, and some ice cream too. Thanks."

"For a small girl, you really have a big appetite."

"Yah!"

 

That smirk again! That teasing smirk again! I really hate seeing that smirk! I'm really not that small. I have an average height. He's the weird one. For a guy, he is too slim and tall and his skin is so white, it looks like he never went out the house.

 

"Here's your burger and fries. Bom, your spaghetti. Here's the receipt. You can claim your ice cream in the counter once you're done eating."

"Thanks. By the way, thanks also for the food last night. I was actually going to skip dinner because I was so tired to go out."

"What's your name?"

"Huh? Why?"

"Well, you're taking care of my brother. I should know at least your name just incase something might happen to him."

"Excuse me but I'm taking care of Bom better than his own brother. My name is Chae Rin."

"My name is Lee Dongmin."

"Lee? But your brother's name is Na Bom."

"We have a different dad."

"Ah, that's why. Since we're already talking, can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"If your family lives here, why are you staying at the hotel?"

"No comment."

 

No comment? He could have just told me that he doesn't want to talk about it.

 

"Noona, I'm done with my spaghetti. Can I get my ice cream?"

"Ok, I'm also done eating."

 

---

 

"Noona, can we take a rest for awhile? I'm so tired with all this walking."

"Ok, let's look for an empty bench."

 

Why is it so crowded here when it's a weekday? I can't seem to find an empty bench.

 

"Hyung, I'm so tired from walking. Let's go find a bench."

"Here, climb up to my shoulder, I'll carry you."

"Really hyung? That's great!"

 

Did I hear him right? He's going to carry his brother? I thought he doesn't like his brother.

 

"Small girl, what are you doing there? Let's go. It's already 4:30pm, they will be closing soon."

"Huh? Ah! Okay...okay."

 

"Bom, look a pony ride. Do you want to try it?"

"Yes noona, I want to try it!"

"But bags are not allowed inside. Wait, I got a great idea. Dongmin, you should go with your brother inside. I'll look after your bags instead.

"Huh? Why me?"

"Well, he is your brother and I'm just a girl who was forced by you to take care of your brother. Plus, I never planned to go here with you."

"No, it's okay noona. If hyung doesn't want to, I won't go also."

"Dongmin?"

"Ok, fine, I'll go with him. Let's go, Bom."

 

I could tell that Dongmin doesn't hate his brother. He is actually taking good care of him well. But why did he refused to look out for him before entering the zoo?

 

"Noona! Look! I'm riding a pony!"

"That's great! Here Bom, look at the camera! Dongmin! Look also here!"

"What? No, I don't want to. Just take pictures of Bom."

"You only come here once in awhile. It's good to have at least a memory of it. Faster, look at the camera and smile. That's it! 1! 2! 3! Smile~"

"Hyung, this is so much fun! Thank you for letting me ride this pony. Thank you also for letting me know Rin noona. Noona is so nice to me."

 

I never thought that I would be seeing this guy smile. He was always so cold to me. The only time I could see his lips curve is when he's teasing me. But now, it is a genuine smile he has on. I'll take a picture of it as a souvenir.

 

It was 5:30pm when we went out the Zoo and waited for their mother to pick them up. Bom is currently sleeping on Dongmin's lap. He had so much fun that he's so tired.

 

"Oh, Dongmin! Here, give me Bom. Sorry for making you wait and to take care of Bom the whole day. I didn't expect that the emergency meeting would took that long."

"It's okay. Bom had tons of fun in the zoo."

"Come and I'll take you a ride. Oh, who's this young lady here."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Chae Rin. You must be Dongmin's mother."

"Yes, I am. Nice meeting you too. I'm Park Nanhee. You must be a friend of my son. Thank you for looking out at Bom. Where are you staying? I'll give you a ride there."

"It's okay, I'll take Rin to her hotel. Let's go Rin."

"Dongmin, wait for me! We'll be leaving now. Once again, nice meeting you."

"Ok, be careful! Hope to see you again."

 

Going back to the hotel was actually very awkward. He was oddly quiet. Well, we never really had a decent conversation but it's like he's thinking something serious. After almost 2 hours, we arrived at the hotel.

 

"Rin, do you want to eat some dinner before we go back to the hotel?"

"Huh? Ok, sure."

 

Did he just called me by my name? Is there something wrong with him?

 

"What do you want to eat?"

"Hmmm, the Hainanese Chicken Rice will do and some cold water for me. Thanks. Here's my payment."

"Ok, go find us a table and I'll bring our food over."

 

It's so odd. Why is he so nice right now? I'm actually scared right now. I'm not used to seeing him so polite and kind.

 

"Here you go."

"Thanks."

"Bom's dad, we never get along."

"Huh?"

"The reason I'm staying at the hotel is because I'm not comfortable with Bom's dad. I was really close with my dad when I was child. But he suddenly left us. Then after a week, my mom introduced me to this guy and she told me that they will get married. It was only a week after my dad left and I was just 13 years old by that time."

"But seeing you awhile ago, you seem to like Bom."

"I never hated him. I like him. I like the fact that I have a younger brother which I wished when I was a child. But, whenever I see him, it reminds me of his dad. I tried avoiding him so that I won't let out my anger to his father to Bom."

"Then don't."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Then stop thinking about his dad. If you like Bom, think only about Bom. Think about the fact that you have a younger brother to play with and to take care of. You know that Bom told me that he likes you as his older brother."

"Really? He told you that?"

"Yes, but he also thought that you hated him."

"I never hated him though."

"Go and spend your time with him until you're here."

"Ahm, Rin, what's your plan tomorrow?"

"Me? I'm going to the Universal Studios. Why?"

"Can I come with you?"

"Huh? Come with me?"

"I just want to repay you for taking care of Bom and for listening to my story. I never told this to anyone before."

"Ahmmm, sure, why not?"

"Ok, what time shall we meet?"

"Maybe 9am?"

"Ok, let's meet at the lobby at 9am."