Campus Couple

Melt The Ice Prince Away

Starting from this chapter, I will put an initial per convo so you wouldn't be confuse.

 

R = Rin ; D = Dongmin ; SW = Seokwoo ; M = Min ; SY = Suyeon ; DW = Dawon ; T = Taehwan ; B = Bom 

 

R: "Dongmin, can I ask you something?"

D: "What is it?"

R: "What is your true personality?"

D: "What do you mean by that?"

R: "One moment, you're rude then suddenly, you're nice. I don't know what to expect."

D: "That's the reason."

R: "What?"

D: "Expectations. When I was a kid, they expect a lot of things to me. Even I, I don't know who I truly am."

R: "Can't you choose one?"

D: "It's not like your clothes where you can choose immediately."

R: "But your clothes define who you are. It's something you can choose for yourself."

D: "Being rude, it's not something I wanted to do at first place. It's just, I don't have a reason to smile."

R: "The only time I saw your lip went up is when you're teasing me or when you're with Bom."

D: "People call me Ice Prince. I think they'll be disappointed if one day, I will melt."

R: "Then do it. Don't live up to people's expectations and just do what you want to do. Don't isolate yourself from people."

D: "I'm really sorry about yesterday."

R: "No, it's okay. By the way, how did you know that Seokwoo oppa was the one who broke up with me?"

D: "Seeing you smile back then, thinking about the bracelet you will give to him. I don't think you'll be the one who would broke up."

R: "Well, that makes sense. I still don't even know why he broke up with me."

D: "What do you mean?"

R: "The day of my arrival. He fetch me in the airport. When we arrived at my dorm, he told me to break up then he left."

D: "Ah, that's what happened."

R: "Ok, let's stop talking and just eat."

 

I don't know why I trusted this guy about my stories but I really feel comfortable talking to him and knowing him a little more. So him, being an Ice Prince, wasn't intentional at all. He did have some stories inside and that I shouldn't really judge a book by its cover.

 

---

 

Next day, I went to the coffee shop to start my first day. Mr. Taehwan trained me about the things I need to do. He put me in the cashier but he also taught me on how to make some drinks just incase we're in short of staff.

 

T: "That would be for today. You can go home now. Since I got your schedule at school, I'll make your schedule here. I'll send it to you as soon as it is done."

R: "Thank you, Mr. Taehwan! See you tomorrow!"

T: "See you too!"

 

R: "Thanks to Dongmin, I found a part time job easily. It saved me some energy too."

SW: "Rin?"

R: "Oh? Seokwoo oppa? What are doing here? Why are you all sweaty?"

SW: "Ah, this. I took a break from my part time job. It's a little bit tiring too. You?"

R: "Oh, I just had my training at my part time job. I'll be working at that coffee shop now."

SW: "Really? I'm a regular customer there."

R: "Ah, really?"

SW: "I need to go now. Bye!"

R: "Bye oppa."

 

What's with that? He broke up with me but I kept seeing him and he's being all nice to me. I really should ask him next time why he broke up with me. It's so weird he suddenly broke up with me then I kept seeing him and acting like we never had a past. Why is being so nice to me? Well, he really is nice to everyone. Maybe, Min was right. Maybe everyone is right. He is too nice that even though we had a past, he would act like nothing happened so it wouldn't be awkward.

 

---

 

M: "I feel so sleepy, Rin."

R: "It's just our first week but why are you so busy? Tell me, are you dating someone?"

M: "Me? Nooo! I would've already told you if I had one. I'm so busy because I'm already looking for materials and for inspiration for our final."

R: "It's just our first week and you're already thinking about the finals?"

M: "Being a fashion major, we need to come up with a theme for our fashion show. We will be having a fashion show for our finals and we need to come up with at least 5 designs."

R: "Woah, that's hard. Don't worry! I know you can do it. Fighting!"

M: "R...ri...rin..."

R: "What? Why are you stammering?"

D: "Good morning."

R: "Good m...oh? Dongmin? What are you doing? Wait, what I mean is good morning too."

D: "Good morning Rin's friend."

M: "Good... mo... morning too."

R: "Oh! Dongmin, this is my bestfriend Seo Min. Min, well, you know who Dongmin is."

D: "Hi, Min."

M: "Oh my!"

D: "So, where are you two going?"

R: "Well, I have a class this morning. You?"

D: "Same, let's go to class together."

R: "Huh? No, it's okay with me."

M: "No, stay, I also have a class now. I'll go now Rin, bye! Bye, Dongmin!"

R: "Ah, is that so? Just text me. Okay? Bye!"

 

R: "What are you doing?"

D: "What?"

R: "When did you become sociable? I thought you wanted me to act like I don't know you."

D: "You told me not to isolate myself from other people and besides, you know me. I'm your classmate."

R: "Well, you have a point there. But I didn't mean you can socialize with me and my friend. People are looking at us."

D: "I don't trust other people."

R: "Huh? What do you mean?"

DW: "Oh! Here's our campus couple!"

R: "Dawon sunbae, good morning. What do you mean campus couple? No, it's not like that. We just accidentally met on the way here."

DW: "Hey~ don't hide it already. Everyone knows that you're dating. Look, here's a picture of you and Dongmin on a dinner date posted in the school forum."

R: "Dawon sunbae, it's not like that. We just..."

D: "I helped her find a part time job. She bought me dinner because of that. That's all."

DW: "Ah, is that so? I thought we already have a campus couple among the fresh year."

D: "Please delete it."

DW: "Hey Dongmin, it's not like I'm the one who posted it."

D: "Ok sunbae, but we already explained our side. Let's go now Rin before we're late for class."

R: "Huh? Ah, ok. We'll go now Dawon sunbae."

DW: "Ok, ok. Study well. Bye!"

 

R: "See? People already thought we're dating."

D: "Humans are simple minded. They assume already with what they see."

R: "What would people think of me? I just broke up with Seokwoo oppa and now they thought we are dating."

D: "Don't be so affected with rumors. They're just rumors."

 

Why does he think so simple? Even though I know they are just rumors, I'm not used to people talking about me or people looking at me. When we entered the classroom together, everyone was looking at us. I immediately took a seat in the middle but then Dongmin put his bag in the chair beside me and sat beside it. Suddenly, two random girls went infront of Dongmin.

 

"Dongmin, is it true that you're dating her?"

D: "No, we're not."

"Then, why are two eating dinner together."

D: "I helped her with something so she bought me dinner."

"Ah, is that so? Then, are you friends with her?"

D: "....."

"If you're not dating, you're also not friends. Why are you helping her?"

D: "We're friends."

"Ok, then I'll leave her alone."

D: "Why would you even do something to her?"

"It's because she's bothering you!"

D: "You even don't have a chance."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

D: "I was the one who approached her. So, does it mean that everyone who approaches me, you will do something to them. Why? I just don't get it."

"It's because...I like you!"

D: "I'm sorry but, even if she's out of the picture, I wouldn't even like you. I wouldn't even notice you."

R: "Dongmin, enough, that's too harsh."

"Stop crying. Let's just go before the professor comes."

 

R: "Why did you do that?"

D: "I just don't like girls like her. So bothersome."

 

Even before I could say something, the professor came. I'm so confuse right now with what's happening. I am thankful that he helped me out with the rumors but it is also because of him that started the rumors. I don't know if him sticking around me will do good to me.