Why are you here? PART 1

Melt The Ice Prince Away

R = Rin ; D = Dongmin/Eunwoo ; SW = Seokwoo ; M = Min ; SY = Suyeon ; DW = Dawon ; T = Taehwan ; B = Bom ; SK = Seungkwan ; EK = Eunkwang

 

R: "So, wait, let me get this straight. Composing songs was your hobby so you uploaded some online. Then Fantagio discovered you and asked you to compose a song for one of their artists. It became a hit song so they hired you. Right?"

D: "Yup. That's correct."

R: "Dongmin, I mean Cha Eunwoo..."

D: "Just call me Dongmin. Cha Eunwoo was just a name we made so people won't find me easily."

R: "I thought you hate people expecting something from you? Then why did you... I mean, being Cha Eunwoo, people would always expect great songs from you."

D: "That's why my mask helps me."

R: "Huh? How? You used the mask so that people won't look for you."

D: "That's just a small reason. My main reason is, whenever I wear this mask, I can't see the face of people expecting something big from me. I can't feel the huge pressure of writing songs for people."

R: "Then why... why are you producing a boy group right now?"

D: "I want to quit this job. I want Cha Eunwoo to disappear."

R: "HUH? ALL OF A SUDDEN? WHY?!"

D: "I'm tired. I'm not happy anymore. I'm very happy when I'm composing songs. It would made me forget my past. But now, I'm composing songs for work not for my happiness. And because of Seungkwan also."

R: "Seungkwan? Your manager?"

D: "Seungkwan, I needed him. He's my representative. He's the one who goes to meetings and handles the pressure from the company for me. He is my best friend. He volunteered to be my manager. He gave up going to college because of me. He wanted to focus on being a manager. I don't want him to sacrifice his life because of me. I am very grateful that I met him."

R: "Then, why are you telling me all of these?"

D: "I just... I don't want to hide something from you when you're so honest to me. I don't want you to be angry at me just like how angry you are at Seokwoo. I would take all the risk so that I could tell you this big secret of mine."

R: "Me? So honest? I don't even tell you my family or anything else. You're the one who is so honest to me to the point I know you so much."

D: "Ah, is that so? Then I must feel so comfortable with you that I tend to tell you everything."

R: "So? What is your plan? You know you can't use them so that you can quit."

D: "No, I don't have a plan to fail their debut but it's like my retirement act. It's something I've never done before. I wanted to tell it to everyone eventually that I will quit this job. But I need to talk to my company before I do that."

R: "Do you think they would allow you to do that?"

D: "Of course not. But I'll give them 50 of the songs I already made. Hoping this would be enough."

R: "Wow, I still can't believe that the person I idolized was just you and I still can't believe that Cha Eunwoo himself told me that he is quitting. I don't know what to feel right now."

D: "I still have something to tell you."

R: "What? There's more? I don't think I can take any more information."

D: "It's about Seokwoo."

R: "Him? What is it?"

D: "Seokwoo... Is part of the boy group I'm producing. He's stage name is Rowoon."

R: "Huh? Then... he doesn't know about you, right? Why did you choose him?"

D: "Of course, no one here except Seungkwan knows about me. And at first, I told Seungkwan I don't want him in the group but the company wants a five member group and Seokwoo was the best option."

R: "Ah, is that so? Then, how is it going?"

D: "What?"

R: "You know... the training, the process of producing a group."

D: "Ah, it's going well. Do you want to know how Seokwoo is doing?"

R: "What?! Ah, no. Hahaha. I know he's doing well."

D: "Ah, ok then. Do you want to eat something?"

R: "Sure, I'm kinda hungry too."

D: "Let's go. Oh? Seungkwan, what is it?"

SK: "Eunwoo, I mean..."

D: "It's ok. She already knows it."

SK: "Ah, what a relief. I thought I made a big mistake there."

D: "What is it?"

SK: "The CEO is here. He wants to see the boys performed. He will announce after if they can debut in five months or not."

D: "Then gather the boys in the practice room. Tell CEO we will be ready in 30 minutes."

SK: "Ok, right away."

D: "I'm sorry Rin. I need to go."

R: "No, it's okay."

D: "You can go eat in the cafeteria if you want. You can stay here for awhile. Here's my food card. Use it."

R: "Ok, I'll wait for you there."

D: "Are you sure? I think it will take us a lot of time today before I could go."

R: "It's okay, I don't have any plans today also."

D: "Ok, just message me if you need anything."

R: "Ok, thank you! I'll go now."

-

/katalk/

 

M: "Rin, where are you? I thought we're going to celebrate after midterms."

R: "Sorry, I forgot that I had plans with Dongmin. Let's celebrate tomorrow."

M: "Ok, be careful on your way home."

 

It's been an hour and a half since I waited here in cafeteria but still, no messages from Dongmin. I still can't believe that the rude guy I first met in the convenience store was Cha Eunwoo. Oh my! I told him how much I like Cha Eunwoo when all this time it was him?! Oh! So embarrassing! What should I do? Now he knows I'm head over heels for Eunwoo, no, him. He even saw me danced to Baby when he's the one who composed the song. Argh! I don't know.

 

/katalk/

 

D: "We're done now. Where are you? Are you still in the cafeteria?"

R: "Yup, I'm still here. I'll wait for you right outside the cafeteria."

-

SK: "Congrats everyone. CEO told me that you can debut in five months. Eunwoo, they want you to send the song list that will be included in their debut album. They also need the debut song asap so they can plan for the concept and we can start practicing and recording by next week."

D: "Ok, I'll send it by tomorrow. I already have the songs made. Since everyone did a great job today, Eunkwang, you can eat anything in the cafeteria. Just put my name for the payment."

EK: "Really? Wow, thank you so much Producer Eunwoo. Ok kids, let's go and eat so we can practice harder tomorrow onwards."

-

SK: "Eunwoo, can I ask you something?"

D: "What is it?"

SK: "How did your friend know Rowoon?"

D: "Ah, she was Rowoon's ex girlfriend."

SK: "WHAT?! AND YOU EVEN BROUGHT HER HERE?! How did you even know her?"

D: "What's wrong with that? They broke up months ago. I actually first met her in Singapore then coincidentally, we go to the same school and same major."

SK: "Is that why you don't like Rowoon at first place? Woah! Do you like her?"

D: "What?! No... I don't 'like' her in that way. She was my first friend that is a girl. I just feel comfortable when I'm with her. She doesn't have hidden intentions and besides, I'm the one who approached her to become my friend."

SK: "Ah, really? Ok, I'll believe you if you say so."

D: "Believe me or not, that's the truth. I just like her as a friend."

SK: "Oh? Eunwoo..."

D: "What?"

SK: "Isn't that your friend? Oh? Is that Rowoon holding her?"