Going for a Vacation

Melt The Ice Prince Away

It was a very warm friday morning when a phone call broke the silence.

 

"Are you ready Rin? Don't forget to bring your umbrella, it might rain there. Bring also some extra clothes. What about your toothbrush?"

"Yes mom! Done packing my luggage and I also double checked that I didn't forgot anything. Besides, I'll only stay one week in Singapore so don't worry about me."

"Ok, I trust you. And, don't forget to ask your boyfriend to take you to the airport tomorrow since I'm in Jeju and your dad is in Taiwan."

"It's okay mom, I understand and yes, he'll be picking me up here at my dorm."

"Ok, enjoy your vacation! See you soon! Miss you! Love you!"

"Thanks mom! See you and love you too!"

 

My name is Chae Rin. Rin is the first name and Chae is the last name. 20 years old and is an upcoming first year college. It was my dream to travel alone and my mom promised me to buy my plane ticket if I entered college. My boyfriend, Kim Seokwoo, I met him during freshman year in high school. He was a sophomore. I call him Seokie oppa but most of the time, I call him mom since he nags more than my mom.

 

/ring ring/

 

"Oh? It's Seokie oppa!"

"Hey Rin, are you all set for tomorrow? What time should I pick you up?"

"Yes, mom! Haha. Everything is all set. You can pick me up at 8am since my flight is at 11am."

"Ok, ok! 8am, sharp, I'll be there!"

"Thank you, love. See you!"

"See you, love you."

 

He is indeed the sweetest boyfriend ever. Well, even though he was my first, I could tell that we will last longer than what people expect. He is sweet and hardworking. People would tell me that we'll only last for a year since he is nice to everyone and that he is too hardworking. His dream was to become an idol. That's our similarities, we both love singing. I'll be entering Sungkyunkwan University as a Theater Major. I really studied hard to get into Sungkyunkwan since Seokwoo is also a Theater major in that university. 

 

---

 

Since I'm all packed up, maybe I'll just clean my dorm before I leave.

 

/knock knock/

 

"Huh? Who could that be? I'm not expecting anyone today though."

"CHAE RIN!"

"SEO MIN?! Yah! What are you doing here?"

"You're leaving tomorrow. Of course, I'll miss you!"

"You, silly. It's just one week!"

"But still, I'll miss you. And... don't forget my souvenir!"

"Yah! Hahaha. Of course, I won't forget it."

"Are you busy?"

"Just cleaning my dorm before I leave, why?"

"Great! Clean up and let's go for a picnic!"

"A picnic?"

 

Seo Min, my bestfriend since elementary and been classmates since then. She also passed the entrance exam in Sungkyunkwan as a fashion design major. I think my life would be boring without her. She always suprise me with things she wants to do, like this. She likes to do unplanned things.

 

"Rin-ah, can you buy some ramen and drinks in the convenience store while I set up? Please~~"

"Ok, ok!"

 

"Hmmm? I'll just buy one cheese and spicy ramen. I forgot to ask Min if what ramen she would like."

 

I'm so excited to eat with Min I forgot that I can't carry all the food that I bought, especially I cooked 2 ramen. Suddenly, I saw a guy dressed in black jacket paying for his drink. Maybe I can ask him to watch over the other food while I bring to Min her ramen.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

I tapped his shoulder but no response. I tapped again but still no response. How rude can this guy be? He then faced me with a cold look.

 

"Hi! Sorry but can you watch over these while I give this ramen to my friend? She's just right there. I'll come back fast."

 

I was expecting a response anytime but omg, he just left without a word. Is he deaf? He is indeed a very rude guy. I'll just ask the staff to look over it for me then.

 

"Oh, Rin? What's with that angry face?"

"There's this rude guy in the convenience store. I asked him to watch over the other food that I bought but he just left without a word."

"Silly you! Hahaha. You should have called me then."

"No, it's ok. I already asked the staff to look over it. I'll just get the remaining food."

 

I went back to the convenience store but to my surprise, I saw that guy came back and eating ramen besides the food that I left.

 

"Oh? I thought you wouldn't want to watch over my food."

 

What did I expect? I think he can't speak. I still got no response from him.

 

"Thank you, anyway." I told him before I leave. What a weird person.

 

---

 

"So, Rin, what is your plan?"

"Plan? On what?"

"You'll be a college student starting next month. What if Seokwoo is a different person than you expect in the campus?"

"What do you mean? He is still the Seokwoo I met when I was a freshman."

"Yes, but you only started dating when you were in sophomore and he is a senior. What if he has a different attitude when he's on campus? He's too handsome not to be surrounded with girls."

"What nonsense are you talking about? He is the one who encouraged me to go to his university. Do you think he would let me study there if he has a different attitude?"

"Good point, and that's why I'm also going there just incase you need my help."

 

---

 

I'm so excited for my vacation that I barely slept. I slept at 12am and woke up at 6am.

 

/ding dong/

 

Who would be here at 6am?

 

"Who's there?"

"It's me!"

"Seokie oppa? Oh? What are you doing here so early?"

"I thought that we could eat breakfast together before you leave. I won't be seeing you for a week. I'll miss my Rin."

"Oh~ that's so sweet of you. But I don't have anything left in my refigerator."

"Tadah~! I'll cook you some egg fried rice and I bought your favorite, mango shake."

"I was craving for some mango shake! Thanks, Seokie oppa."

"You take a bath now and I'll cook us some breakfast."

 

---

 

"Rin, always be careful there. Always check your things. It's okay to loose everything except for your passport. Ok? You need to tell me everything that you did, ok?"

"Yes mom~ Hahaha. Don't worry! I'll be extra careful and will report to you if anyone will try to hit on me."

"Yah! Be a nice girl there."

"I will. I need to go now, it's already 8:30am. Bye Seokie oppa, I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too. Come here and give me a hug."

 

After 6 hours of flight, I finally arrived in Singapore. I immediately sent a message to my parents and to Seokie oppa that I arrived safely in Singapore. Everything was going smoothly according to my plan. I arrived safely at the hotel. Took a few minutes rest and went outside to eat some dinner. I decided just to roam around the places near the hotel since it's 8pm already.

 

Luckily there are restaurants and food stalls near the hotel. I'll just eat at this noodle place just right outside the hotel.

 

"Hmmm? Since I still have 5 days left, I should go and do a walk tour tomorrow then I'll go to the Singapore Zoo on monday and to the Universal Studios on tuesday so there will be less people. Then I'll just buy the souvenirs on wednesday before I leave on thursday. Ok, great, that's the plan. Hope everything will be ok."

"That sounds tiring for a small girl like you."

 

Huh? A korean just spoke to me? And what small girl? I'm not that small. Well, compare to Seokwoo who is so tall, I do look small when I'm with him.

 

"Who is small? I'm not small!"

 

As soon as I look behind me, I let out a gasp.

 

"What are you doing here?!"