The Truth

Melt The Ice Prince Away

R = Rin ; D = Dongmin ; SW = Seokwoo ; M = Min ; SY = Suyeon ; DW = Dawon ; T = Taehwan ; B = Bom ; SK = Seungkwan

 

One week before midterms. I already took a 2 weeks leave on my part time job so I can focus on the exams.

 

/katalk/

 

D: "Hey! Where are you?"

R: "I'm on my to the campus. Why?"

D: "I'm already here in the library. I saved you a seat. Come faster, there are girls wanting to take the seat."

R: "Ah, ok, I'll walk faster. I'll be there in 5 minutes."

-

Girl 1: "You ask him."

Girl 2: "He'll just ignore me. He's the Ice Prince. You go."

 

Girl 1: "Excuse me, but, is someone sitting here?"

D: "Seat taken."

Girl 1: "Ah, okay. We'll go now."

Girl 2: "Did he..."

Girl 1: "See that? He didn't ignored me."

Girl 2: "That's my first time to see him talking to anyone."

Girl 1: "I wonder who Dongmin reserved a seat to."

Girl 2: "Maybe to his girl - friend."

Girl 1: "Huh? He has a girlfriend?"

Girl 2: "Not girlfriend but a friend that is a girl. Didn't you know? They're classmates."

Girl 1: "Dongmin has a friend that is a girl?"

Girl 2: "Shhh, she's here. Let's just go and find another seat."

 

R: "Sorry I was late. Thanks for saving me a seat."

D: "It's okay."

R: "By the way, I thought you have a class this morning that's why I'll be the one saving the seats today."

D: "I still have 30 min. before the class."

R: "Ah, is that so? Since I don't have any class today, I'll just stay here the whole day. I'll save you a seat."

D: "Ok, I need to go now for class."

R: "Ok, sure. I'll just be here."

 

R: "Rin, you only have one week to study. I'll stop talking now and start studying."

 

/katalk/

 

D: "My class is done. Are you still in the library?"

R: "Yes, I'm still here. I saved your seat."

D: "Do you want to grab some lunch first? It's almost 1pm. I'm here outside the main building."

R: "Oh! I didn't notice the time. Sure! But what about the seats?"

D: "It's okay. We'll just look around after lunch."

R: "Ok, I'll be there in 10 min."

-

R: "Dongmin!"

D: "Where do you want to eat?"

R: "Let's just eat in the cafeteria."

D: "Ok."

R: "By the way, do you still have any class for today."

D: "There was one but the prof cancelled it so we can study for the exams."

R: "Ah, is that so."

D: "Let's go and eat."

-

D: "Rin."

R: "Hmmm?"

D: "How are you and Seokwoo?"

R: "What do you mean?"

D: "Did you ever see him or talk to him recently?"

R: "Why would you ask?"

D: "Nothing. Just curious."

R: "No, I don't. Maybe he is busy with his part time job."

D: "Part time job?"

R: "On my first day in the coffee shop, after my training, I met him and he told me he has a part time job near there and that he was a regular customer but I never saw him in the coffee shop after that day."

D: "Ah, really?"

R: "Why?"

D: "Nothing. I just saw him recently near at a coffee shop. That's all."

R: "Ah, is that so? Well, we're fine already. I mean, I already moved on and he might also so I don't think I need to think about him anymore. Ok, before it gets awkward, let's just eat so we can go back to studying."

-

R: "What now? There's no more seats left in the library."

D: "Can you study in a coffee shop?"

R: "I can. Why?"

D: "Let's go."

R: "Where?"

D: "To study."

-

R: "Dongmin...what are we doing here?"

D: "To study at a coffee shop that I know. Why?"

R: "This is the Fantagio Music Building."

D: "So?"

R: "Did you remember the composer that I like? Cha Eunwoo."

D: "Ahmm, not sure. Why?"

R: "This is where he works at. He's working in Fantagio Music."

D: "Ah, is that so. I didn't know."

R: "I don't think I can study here. I can't concentrate knowing that maybe Eunwoo is here. Let's just go somewhere."

D: "Wait, but..."

R: "Huh? What?"

D: "Why? Did you see someone you know?"

R: "Is that...no it can't be. Is that Seokwoo? But why did he came out from the Fantagio Music building? Seokwoo oppa?!"

SW: "Huh? R... rin... what are you..."

 

Fans: "Oh! It's Rowoon oppa! Rowoon oppa! Can you please sign here? Here, I have a gift for you."

 

R: "Rowoon...? Sign...? Is he...?"

D: "Rin-ah..."

R: "I'm sorry Dongmin, but I need to go now. Let's just study together tomorrow."

D: "Ok, I'll save you a seat."

 

SW: "I'm sorry but I need to go now. See you!"

Fans: "Bye, Rowoon oppa!"

 

SW: "Yah! Dongmin! Let's talk for a minute."

D: "What?"

SW: "You did this on purpose, didn't you?"

D: "What did I do?"

SW: "You brought Rin here knowing that she will see me, right? How did you know I was here anyway?"

D: "I saw you once near here before. She told me that she has moved on already so I thought seeing you here won't be a big deal."

SW: "Mind your own business, will you?"

D: "What? It's been months since you broke up with her. So you don't have anything to do with her anymore, right?"

SW: "This is our problem. You're not included so stay out of it."

D: "I just did what I need to do. I'll go now."

-

R: "Rin! Chae Rin! Why did you run away? Stupid! You already broke up months ago, you said you have moved on already but why did you avoided him?"

 

/katalk/

 

SW: "Rin, I'm outside your dorm. Let's talk."

 

R: "What?! It's already 11pm. Why is he here?"

M: "What did you said?"

R: "Huh? Nothing, I'll just take a walk outside for awhile."

M: "But, it's 11pm."

R: "I just need some fresh air. I'll be back soon."

-

SW: "Rin..."

R: "Why are you here?"

SW: "I just want to explain..."

R: "Explain about what...? Ah, about earlier. Why? Why do you need to explain it to me? Who am I anyway to you? I'm just your ex, right?"

SW: "Let's calm down first and let me explain, please?"

R: "I'll give you 5 minutes."

SW: "The thing is, a month before your vacation in Singapore, I was street casted by Fantagio and I passed the audition. I wanted to surprise you but it was written in the contract about the no dating policy for 5 years. That's why I decided to break up with you."

R: "You didn't even told me that when you broke up with me! You left me, in pain, clueless for what ever is your reason for breaking up with me."

SW: "I know what I did was wrong. I know you can't forgive me for what I did but I just want to tell you that my feelings for you is still the same."

R: "So breaking up with me is just the solution? Ah, I know, it's because you don't trust me."

SW: "What? No...it's not like that."

R: "You didn't trusted me that I can wait for 5 years for you. You didn't even need to ask me about my opinion on this matter."

SW: "I just don't want to hurt you, you know how fans nowadays."

R: "Oh well, since you didn't trusted me, might just as well tell you this."

SW: "What? What do you need to tell me?"

R: "I wasn't alone in Singapore. I met Dongmin there. I spent my whole vacation with Dongmin."

SW: "What?!"

R: "I was about to ask you if I could go to the Universal Studios with him but you never messaged me so I thought I might as well enjoy my vacation with him."

SW: "You spent your vacation with him?"

R: "And you know what? We also stayed at the same hotel and he stayed at the room next to mine."

SW: "Rin... I..."

R: "Since 5 minutes is already over, I need to go now. I don't have anything to do with you anymore. Let's just act like we never knew each other."

SW: "Rin, wait...!"

R: "Oh, by the way, here's your distance couple bracelet. Just give it to your future girlfriend or throw it away. I don't need it anymore. Bye Seokwoo oppa."

SW: "Rin...!"

 

I thought the pain wasn't here anymore. I thought I completely moved on from the pain but seeing him now, knowing everything, made me think of our past. Our past that was filled with happy moments. Our first meeting, our first date, our first kiss, us celebrating our anniversary, It is just now a memory. Seokwoo oppa, please, leave now. Stop crying and go before I open this door and run into your arms. I don't want to do anything with you now. Thank you for the wonderful memories. Bye.