Him Again?

Melt The Ice Prince Away

"That sounds tiring for a small girl like you."

"Who is small? I"m not small!"

 

As soon as I look behind me, I let out a gasp.

 

"What are you doing here?!"

 

Why is that rude guy from the convenience store here? Of all places I could meet him, why in Singapore? It's my rest day, it's my free time. I want to relax before college starts and the first thing I could see is this guy.

 

"I'm here for vacation. You?"

"Vacation also and I don't intend to ruin it just because I met a very rude guy here."

"I also don't intend to ruin mine just because of a loud small girl."

"At least I don't ignore people."

"Neither do I."

 

And he gave me that smirk. That teasing smirk. Why?! Why of all people I should meet, is him?! I noticed that he's holding a key. Maybe his room key? Huh? Where is he going? Why is he going towards the hotel I'm staying at? Oh no! We're even staying at the same hotel?! WHY?! Let's just hope that this will be the last time that I could see him. Please, all I just want is a peaceful vacation. That's it.

 

After dinner, I went straight to the convenience store to buy some snacks and great, that rude guy is here also. After buying the snacks, I went back to the hotel. That rude guy also came back to the hotel and we rode the elevator together.

 

"What floor?" I asked him but got no answer. Is he ignoring me again? Oh well, I'll just press my floor. When we reached the 7th floor, I went out and he also went out of the elevator. Why is he following me? I quickly went to my door but I can't find my keys. I need to go inside before he can do something weird to me. He's coming. What should I do? I can't find my keys.

 

"What do you want from me?!" I looked behind me but that weird guy is nowhere to be found.

 

Then I heard a door opened. I looked at my right and there he is. Entering the room next to mine. That was a close one. Suddenly, I felt something in my back pocket. It was my key.

 

"Why did you appear just now? I could have saved my face before I shouted at him."

 

I think I left my good luck in Korea and all I brought was my bad luck. Out of all people I could see here was him and we even stay in the same hotel, same floor. We're just a wall away from each other. Let's just forget him and go to sleep. I need to leave the hotel at 7am so I could go to the Merlion to avoid a huge crowd.

 

The next day, I went to the tourist spots near my hotel which were the Merlion Park, the Helix Bridge, Marina Bay, Esplanade and finally, Gradens by the Bay. It was almost 11pm when I got back to the hotel. Since I'm so tired, I went straight to bed without having any dinner.

 

/knock knock/

 

"Who is there?"

 

/knock knock/

 

I suddenly regretted opening the door. I should have just acted like I was asleep already. It was the rude guy again.

 

"What do you want?"

"I ordered some chinese food but it was too many. I didn't want to waste it so I thought if you had your dinner already. If not, I can give you some."

 

Did I hear him right? He's giving me food. Well technically, it's like he's giving me his leftover food. Due to his sudden kindness, I was just there, staring at him with curiosity.

 

"Oh, you had your dinner already. Well, it is past 11pm already. I'll just throw it away then."

"No! Don't! I actually just got back here and I haven't eaten any dinner yet."

"Ok, I'll just get them at my room."

"Wait, ahmm, actually, can I ask you a favor?"

"What?"

"Can you eat with me? I've been alone the whole day and I just need some companion."

"No thanks."

"But..."

 

Before I could beg him, he left and went back to his room. He immediately went back to give the food and went to his room again. I am really a crazy girl for asking a rude guy to eat with me. I just thought that he wasn't rude at all when he gave me his food but no, he just proved to me that he is a rude guy after all. I really should just stop thinking about him and just enjoy my vacation.

 

---

 

The next day, I woke up early again to go to the Singapore Zoo. I arrived their at 11am and decided to eat first before going inside.

 

"There's a lot of people already. Maybe I should go inside now."

 

"Why should I? I don't want to."

"Please, just this once. He's your brother also."

 

Huh? That voice is very familiar. I tried looking for the owner of the voice. Argh! Why is my instinct correct? What is that rude guy doing here? And who's that lady talking to him? And a little boy?

 

I was staring so much I didn't realize that he saw me. Oh no! What should I do? He's coming towards me.

 

"You!"

"Huh? Me?"

"Yes, you."

"Why?! What do you want?!"

"Do you... perhaps... know how to take care of a child?"

"Huh?!"

"A child! Do you know?"

"Well, I always babysit my cousins before."

"Then come with us."

"Huh? Come with you?"

"Aren't you going inside the zoo too? Then come with us."

"Ahm, okay...?"

 

Everything happened so fast that I didn't know why I agreed to take care of this child and to follow along this rude guy to the zoo.

 

"Kid, what's your name?"

"Na Bom"

"Your name is cute like you. Hi Bom! My name is Chae Rin noona. You can call me Rin noona."

"Hi Rin noona!"

"How old are you Bom?"

"I'm five years old! Rin noona, do you know my hyung?"

"Ahm, well, I met him a few times already but we're not really that close. Is he your hyung?"

"Yes, noona. Do you know noona, I only see and talk to hyung a few times but I like him alot. But I think hyung doesn't like me."

"Why do you think your hyung doesn't like you?"

"He only visits us a few times and when he did, he doesn't want to play with me."

"Maybe because your hyung is shy. You should try to ask him a few more times and maybe your hyung will play with you."

"Do you really think so, Rin noona?"

"Yes, I really think so."

"Yah! What are you doing there? Walk faster."

"Ok, ok! We're coming."