Thank you for today!

Melt The Ice Prince Away

It's my third day here in Singapore and Seokie oppa is not picking up his phone. He doesn't even read my katalk messages. Maybe he's busy. But busy with what? I was actually going to ask him if I could go tomorrow with Dongmin and to also tell him about Dongmin. Well, it seems like Dongmin is the kind of person who isn't very active on his sns accounts so Seokie oppa won't find out. And plus, we even don't have any pictures together. Oh well, might as well go tomorrow. It's a waste already if I'm going to let Dongmin ruin my vacation. I'll just tell Seokie oppa about it once I arrived in Korea.

 

My fourth day in Singapore and I'm letting a guy that I just met come with me. Knowing a little about him made myself reassure that he wouldn't do anything bad to me. It's already 7am. I'll go downstairs first to eat breakfast then take a bath. Good thing this hotel serves free breakfast. Oh? Is that Dongmin?

 

"Dong... wait, maybe he doesn't want to eat with anyone just like before. I'll just pretend I didn't saw him."

"Rin, you're also here."

"Oh, Dongmin, yes, I thought of eating first."

"Come and join me, if you want."

"Ahm, okay. I'll just get my breakfast."

 

He really is weirding me out. Or maybe I should get used to him being nice? No! What if he bullies me again?

 

"Rin, how old are you? I only know your name but you know alot about me."

"Ah, well, I'm 20 years old."

"We're just the same age then."

"Really? I thought you were older than me. Then you're also a first year college this upcoming semester?"

"Yup, upcoming first year."

"What do you like to do in your spare time? Me, I really like singing. I've been singing ever since I can talk. Hahaha."

"Well, I like playing games. I also like riding a bike and I used to like studying but I got lazy."

"You? You liked studying?"

"Why? Isn't that possible?"

"I just thought that you're a couch potato."

"You also."

"Yah! Well... that is true but I'm not that lazy. I don't have very high grades but it is high enough for me to enter in college."

"Ok, just finish your breakfast so we can leave. Let's just take the mrt going there."

 

I was right! I shouldn't let my guard down. One moment he looks like a nice guy but then he will bully you all of a sudden. It was around 8:45am when I went down. I don't like anyone waiting for me. Suprisingly, he was there already. It was awkward again. He's back to being the quiet Dongmin again. Nah, I'll just mind my own business. Why would I think about him?

 

After almost 2 hours, we arrived in Universal Studios.

 

"What do you want to do first?"

"Huh? Well, going to a theme park, we must buy a headband first!"

"Headband?"

"Look, here, there are cat ears headband, minion, elmo and cookie monster."

"I don't wear those."

"Oh come on! We're already here! You must enjoy it to the fullest!"

"No thanks, you just wear them."

"Ok, I'll buy the elmo and cookie monster please."

"Why would you buy two headbands?"

"Because I'm going to wear elmo and the cookie monster would be...FOR YOU!"

 

I quickly put the headband on his head and run away from him.

 

"Yah! Don't you put it in the trash! I bought it for you! Come on! We need to ride everything here!"

 

I quickly went to the first attraction to fall in line and I noticed that he didn't threw away the headband and still wearing it.

 

"Faster! Or else the line will be long any minute."

"Coming! If you just didn't put this on me, I would already have fallen in line awhile ago."

"Huh? What are you murmuring?"

"Nothing."

"Come here and let's take a picture."

"No thanks, just do your selca alone."

"Oh come on! Just four pictures. I won't ask again."

"One picture only."

"What about three?"

"One only."

"Ok, two pictures, that's it. I won't ask anymore."

"Sure but if it's not pretty or blurred, I don't care. I only allow two pictures. And you can't post it anywhere. Understood?"

"Ok! Deal! Yehey! Let's fix your headband first. There~ Ok, smile a little bit Dongmin."

"Just take the picture."

"Smile, just a little bit, please~"

"Ok, ok."

"1,2,3! Ok, last one. 1,2,3."

"Are you satisfied now?"

"Yes, very satisfied. Thanks!"

"Don't upload it anywhere."

"Ok, I won't."

 

We almost rode all the rides and yeah, I did bothered him most of the times to take my pictures. But I could tell that he had tons of fun today. It was a really memorable day to me. I was so happy. Even though my plan was to travel alone, having a companion isn't a bad idea also. I think I want to be his friend. Hopefully, we could meet once again when we're back in Korea.

 

"Hey Dongmin."

"What?"

"Can you accompany me tomorrow? I'm going to Little India, Chinatown and Bugis. I just want to spend my last day sightseeing and buying some souvenirs also. If you're busy, it's okay."

 

After a few minutes, there was a silence. Is he going to ignore me again? What did I expect from him?

 

"Sure."

"Huh?"

"Sure, I'll go with you. I'm not going to do anything tomorrow. It's better than staying at the hotel anyway."

"Really? Oh! Thank you! Let's meet tomorrow at 10am. Also, thanks for today."

"For what? I only did that to repay you from spending your time yesterday with my brother."

"No, it's just that, I was hesitating to go here actually since I'm alone. I don't think I can enjoy this theme park alone. So, thank you for accompanying me here."

 

Then, there was silence again. The whole evening. It was really awkward. Argh! Why do I have to tell him that? Ok, calm down Rin, you're still going to meet him tomorrow. Let's just pretend like nothing happened, ok?