Everyone Knows

Melt The Ice Prince Away

R = Rin ; D = Dongmin ; SW = Seokwoo ; M = Min ; SY = Suyeon ; DW = Dawon ; T = Taehwan ; B = Bom ; SK = Seungkwan

 

R: "Aww... my head hurts."

M: "Of course, who cried all night? That jerk. He was a trainee but didn't tell you and decided to break up with you. And now, he's telling you that his feelings never changed."

R: "Let's stop talking about him and eat. I still have my class."

M: "Oh, by the way, ahmm..."

R: "What is it?"

M: "Someone was calling you when you were still sleeping so I picked it up... and..."

R: "Who is it? Wait, I'll check it. Hmmm. Dongmin? Why did he called this early?"

M: "He... ahmm... asked where we live and..."

R: "And what?"

M: "He asked where we live and gave him our address. He said he will pick you up!"

R: "Min! Why did you tell him that?!"

M: "Well, he was asking me so I told him."

R: "So if someone asked you where we live, you just tell them?"

M: "No! Of course not! But I trust Dongmin and besides, he told me he will pick you up. So, where are you going? On a date?"

R: "Date? As if... I have a class and we're studying together for the exams, remember? But I wonder why he would pick me up."

M: "Ok, just eat your breakfast and I'll go now."

R: "Why are leaving so early? You're class is still at 1pm, right?"

M: "Well, I don't want to disturb you two. So I'll go now."

R: "Wait! Don't leave me! Please~ Just stay and go with us. Please, Min!"

M: "Ok-ok! I'll stay. Hurry and eat your breakfast and get ready before Dongmin comes."

-

M: "Where is he? It's already 9am. Your class will start at 10:30am."

R: "I told you, he won't pick me up. Let's just go."

M: "Maybe something happened. Ok, let's go. Just message him that we're leaving."

R: "Ok, I'll message him."

M: "By the way, what's that you wanted to tell me last night?"

R: "Ahm, I need to ask permission first."

M: "Permission? To whom?"

R: "I really really want to tell you about it but he's the one who asked me to keep it a secret and don't tell it to anyone."

M: "To whom? Huh? Dongmin?"

R: "Dongmin? Why would you... oh? Dongmin! You're here?"

D: "I told Min that I will pick you up."

R: "My class is at 10:30am and it's already 9am so we thought we should leave already."

M: "Since Dongmin is here, I'll go now."

D: "Wait, don't leave. I need to tell you both something."

R: "To us? What is it?"

D: "Do you really need to attend your class for today? It's just one class, right?"

R: "Yes but I need to have perfect attendance on this class. Why?"

D: "But first, does Min know about the Singapore thing?"

R: "I, ahm, actually thought I would tell her last night but I still need to ask your permission."

D: "It's okay. Tell her."

M: "What is it about?"

-

M: "WHAT?! So you were together in Singapore?!"

R: "Yes and I told Seokwoo about that last night. I'm sorry Dongmin. I wasn't able to prevent myself with all the emotions I had last night."

D: "It's okay. So, now, since Min knows the truth, take a look at this."

M: "What is it?"

D: "A voice file was uploaded in the forum last night. Someone must have heard your conversation with Seokwoo and they recorded it. Take a look."

R: "One girl two timed the Campus Crush with an Ice Prince."

M: "Oh! It really is you and Seokwoo. Luckily, you only said Dongmin's name to Seokwoo."

D: "But they knew right away who it was. Look at the comments. Almost every girl in the campus hates Rin right now. That's why I decided to pick you up."

M: "What will you do, Rin?"

R: "They only uploaded the part where I told him about Dongmin. They don't know the truth. I'll explain it to them."

D: "How will you do that? Do you think they will believe you if you explain it to them?"

R: "But I need to go to school. I need to attend this class. I'll go first. See you later."

M: "Rin! Wait! I'll come with you!"

D: "Wait!"

R: "I told you, I need to go to class."

D: "I'm coming with you."

R: "But, you're not in this class. The professor will just ask you to leave."

D: "I'll take care of it."

 

As soon as we entered campus, I could hear numerous whisper. Well, they're not whispering. I could clearly hear them.

 

"She's the girl in the recording."

"That's why Seokwoo broke up with her."

"She's not that even pretty."

"How did she do that? How did she get the two hottest guys in the campus?"

"She even has Dongmin protecting her right now."

 

Min left for her class while me and Dongmin went to my class. When we entered the room, various stares and whispering happened. We decided to just sit down in the back row.

 

R: "Are you really gonna attend this class?"

D: "Yes. Someone might just attack you. Remember? Someone attacked you even though I was right beside you."

R: "Well, I only have one class today. You can leave as soon as the professor is here."

D: "Too late, she's here already."

Prof: "Good Morning class!"

"Good Morning Mrs. Kim."

Prof: "For today's class, we will... oh? Dongmin? Why are you here? You're not in this class, right?"

D: "Our class yesterday was cancelled. I thought I should attend this class instead."

Prof: "Ah, is that so? Sure, you can attend this class for today."

 

Dongmin? Did he just made an excuse just to protect me? But why?

 

After class, I packed my stuff quickly before anyone could do something to me. I was about to leave when two girls blocked my way. Everyone is now staring at us.

 

Girl 1: "Yah! Chae Rin! How dare you?"

R: "What? Did I do something to you?"

Girl 2: "You really have a thick face, don't you? Pretending to do nothing and wrapping around two guys around your finger. Do you think you're that pretty?"

D: "Do you think you're pretty also?"

G2: "Dongmin... I was... Why are you siding her?! She's just playing you around!"

D: "Oh, she was? I didn't know. I clearly remember, I was the one who asked her to become my friend. I was the one who approached her first."

G1: "Then, during the orientation, I heard she said that there was no way you can meet in Singapore."

D: "Because I was the one who told her not to tell it to anyone. I was the one who requested to forget everything that happened."

G2: "Wow, Rin! You even made Dongmin lie to protect you."

R: "I am not! He's telling the truth."

D: "I was the one who even asked her to spend time with me and roam Singapore with me."

G1: "Why would you ask her to not tell everyone that you were together in Singapore?"

D: "Because she has a boyfriend at that time."

R: "Dongmin..."

D: "When I asked her to go with me, I didn't know she has a boyfriend. But when I knew that she has one, I told her to forget everything and to not tell to anyone that we were together. I thought that her boyfriend will misunderstand us and that would cause a fight between them. I only heard that they broke up during the orientation. They broke up when she arrived in Korea. Seokwoo broke up with her without knowing about us. So I wasn't the reason why they broke up. Did that answer your questions? Sorry but we need to go now. Let's go Rin."

 

Dongmin then grabbed my wrist and made a run. We run as fast as we can until we're now outside the campus.

 

R: "Wa... wait... Dongmin... I'm... so tired..."

D: "Oh, I'm sorry. Let's take a rest here for awhile."

R: "Ha... ha... Dongmin... ha... is it true? What you said earlier?"

D: "About what?"

R: "The reason why you told me not to tell anyone what happened in Singapore?"

D: "Everything I said earlier was true. I don't want to be the reason why a couple would break up."

R: "Is that so?"

D: "That's also the reason why I asked you to delete the pictures. I really thought I was the reason why you broke up during the orientation. I don't want another couple to break up because of me."

R: "Another couple?"

D: "I was the reason why my mom and dad got divorced. When I was a kid, my dad is always busy with work. During his free day, my mom asked my dad to look after me. We went to the park because I told him I wanted to go. I was so excited playing, I didn't noticed that I got so far away from my dad and I got lost. It took them 6 hours before they found me. After that day, my mom and dad would always fight until they decided to get a divorce. After a year, my mom met my stepdad. They got married after two years and we moved to Singapore because of his work. I noticed that he never liked me. My grades were average at that time. He was very disappointed with my grades. Their expectations of me was very high. So before I started high school, I decided to go back here and just study here. I tried so hard to get scholarships from everywhere so that I can study here in Korea. When I got one, my mom let me go back to Korea. I worked and worked for the payment of my dorm and allowance."

R: "Why didn't you stayed at your father's place?"

D: "After my mom and dad got a divorce, I never had any contact with my dad. I also don't want him to be disappointed because of me that's why I never tried looking for him."

R: "Dongmin, I don't know why you're telling me this but... thank you."

D: "Thank you also."

R: "For what?"

D: "For listening to me and for being my first true friend."

R: "First true friend?"

D: "I never really had a friend. I moved from Korea to Singapore then to Korea again. Because of my nickname, you know, Ice Prince, everyone wanted to be my friend. I hate it when they do that. In your case, I was the one who started bugging you."

R: "That's why I was actually surprised when you asked me to eat lunch with you yesterday. It's a first, you know, ever since the start of the term, it's a first that we ate together."

D: "Ah, really? I didn't notice it."

R: "That's why I thought that you only asked me to be your friend because of my issue before. You know, between you and Seokwoo."

D: "Ah, no! I really wanted to be your friend at that time because you're the only one I can be comfortable with."

R: "Wait, with all this running, I'm so hungry right now. You should treat me for lunch!"

D: "Ok, lunch is on me. Let's study together after."

R: "Ok! Let's go!"

 

For a moment there, I felt a small breeze past thru my heart. It felt so light and warm. I didn't know he would really thought of me as his friend. I thought it was just for the issue. Now I know why he is so nice and thoughtful towards me. Thank you Dongmin.