Chapter 11

The Turning

"So, Lexi is a banshee?" Yoongi asked looking over at Namjoon, Jungkook and Jimin for confirmation.

"Yes, it would explain why she knew about the balance between life and death, how she knew you were meant to die and that the rogue alpha was going to die yesterday, I guess the only reason she turned up was to ensure that the rogue alpha did die and what happened with you didn't happen again" Namjoon explained. 

"You never did properly explain what banshees are?" Yoongi asked. 

"The wailing woman, banshees are able to sense death, they are sometimes described as a harbingers of death or an omen of death due to their scream, the scream is used as a warning when someone is about to die, in legends it is said that there are a banshee for each house so they will be able to warn the family when a close relative is about to die. Banshees have hidden knowledge about things that not even druids know about, some people say that a banshee inherits the memories from other banshees or that the banshees has a personal observer who gives them information which they then pass down banshees to banshees" Namjoon answered. 

"Okay, what about their abilities and are there just female banshees because you said the wailing woman or are there male banshees as well?" Yoongi questioned. 

"The ability of the banshee really depends on the person, some banshees can hear voices in their head which can lead them to crime scenes or to write or draw messages from the voices this normally happens subconsciously, they obviously have the banshee scream and they get early indications that someone is going to die" Jungkook said. 

"Normally banshees are females hence the name the wailing woman but there has been records showing that men have become banshees as well but it just much rarer, the chances that you will encounter male banshees in your lifetime is 1 in a billion" Jimin added. 

"Ah, I just hope this is all over now and I can learn how to control these stupid abilities the rogue alpha gave me" Yoongi said as they headed into the school grounds. Everything was a mess. The university was crawling with police officers who were speaking with the lecturers and the principal, the school itself has windows damaged and scorch marks covered the ground. 

"For s sake" Yoongi cried out at the scene in front of him. His eyes were instantly drawn to a familiar girl who was looking over the scorch marks in wonder, it was Lexi. Yoongi shared a look with the others before he stormed over to the girl. 

"What the hell has happened?" Yoongi demanded, Lexi's face was emotionless like normal as she turned to face Yoongi, Namjoon, Jungkook and Jimin. 

"If your eyes have officially stopped working, it is obvious what has happened, something has attacked the school leaving strange scorch marks in its wake" Lexi answered glaring at the recently bitten wolf. 

"Something, why not someone?" Jimin asked looking at the fellow supernatural creature. 

"The marks are different to ones make by arsonist, these are wild, you can easily tell that they are by a supernatural creature and obviously it is not a creature who is able to control their powers, so whatever came here obviously lost control and this happened" Lexi explained. 

"That still leaves us with loads of supernatural creatures who can control fire, you have hellhounds, phoenix, cherufe, ifrit, lampad, salamander and dragons" Namjoon stated.

"Wait dragons" Yoongi shouted looking over at Namjoon. 

"Yeah dragons exist you just do not really find them in Seoul or South Korea for that matter" Namjoon replied. 

"You are only mentioning the creatures which are related to fire, these scorch marks could also be caused by electricity or lightning which means we could be looking for a Chinese dragon, cyclops, raijū, thunderbird or Valkyrie" Lexi said. 

"Wouldn't it be easier for us to take a look in the school to see whether there is any more damage, the school would not have called the police in if there were only a couple scorch marks on the ground outside" Jungkook suggested.

"That would probably be for the best as we have no idea what this supernatural creature could be by just looking at marks on the floor" Namjoon said. 

"How are you gonna be able to determine what the supernatural creature it would be if there are a couple scorch marks and you two can't figure out whether they are caused by fire or lightning" Yoongi stated. 

"Try me " Lexi muttered as she walked away from the police to one of the doors connected to a classroom on the main corridor. Namjoon pushed Lexi out the way as he knelt down and pulled lock picking tools from his bag and turned his attention to the lock.

"You carry around lock picking tools" Yoongi muttered looking down at Namjoon. 

"Well not all of us are gifted with the use of claws" Namjoon replied as he opened the door and everyone went inside, the inside of the university was much worse, the walls, doors and windows were burnt black. 

"That supernatural creature did this" Jimin muttered as he looked at the walls in shock. 

"Yeah" Lexi replied as she and Namjoon instantly started examining the burnt walls. The sound of footsteps echoed through the corridors, Lexi instantly pulled a knife from her boot, Namjoon grabbed a bottle of mountain ash which he had in his bag whilst Jimin and Jungkook bared their claws. The group were prepared to attack, when the figure came around the corner – it was Raven. 

"Raven what are you doing here?" Yoongi questioned. 

"None of you're business, what are you doing here?" Raven asked. 

"What do you think? Trying to figure out what happened here" Jimin replied. 

"No, you three now four are just standing there looking pretty whilst the druid boy and I are trying to figure out what happened here" Lexi sassed. 

"Sorry that I am still new to all this" Yoongi muttered glaring at Lexi. 

"No, it is alright princess we wouldn't want you to use that brain of yours it might hurt you, you just stand there and look pretty as it is the only capability that you can actually accomplish without ing up" Lexi snapped turning to face what she was doing. Yoongi's face fell at her words as he stared back at Jimin, Jungkook and Raven.

"Lexi, I think I figured out what supernatural creature did this" Namjoon suddenly said, the pair looked at each other before they said simultaneously. 

"Kitsune".