Chapter 10

The Turning

"Explain to me again why she beat you up?" Yoongi asked Namjoon

"Well, like I said I disrupted the balance of life and death" He said

"Yeah you said, but how, you didn't kill anyone right? please tell me you didn't" Yoongi prayed

"No. Like I told you because I saved you when you were meant to die, I disrupted the balance" Joon said

"How did you save me?"

"With some items I have at my house, since... I'm a druid or I was one" Joon confessed.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi questioned. 

"It all started that night" Namjoon said then started his story. 

Namjoon dropped to his knees when he came across Yoongi's bleeding body. The bite mark was oozing black blood and his complexion was pale, paler than he already was. Namjoon pressed his fingers on Yoongi's wrist trying to find his pulse, his heart was pounding against his rip cage. Yoongi's pulse was weak.

Namjoon grabbed the bag he brought with him then instantly reached for a potion which would save him.

"Namjoon if you do what you are planning to, then you will face the consequences" a voice said from behind him, Namjoon stood up and turned to face the figure. There stood the high-council druid. Namjoon's father.

"I know, but he is my best friend. I can't lose him" Namjoon replied.

"It is his time Namjoon, you must respect that" his father said.

"I know but sometimes you have to break the rules for someone you care about" Namjoon spoke before turning back around falling to his knees and poured the potion down Yoongi's throat.

"I did warn you. Kim Namjoon, you are hereby expelled from our druid community for breaking our sacred rules, I hope your friend was worth it" the high-council druid said before turning around and leaving Namjoon behind.

A groan escaped Yoongi's mouth as he reached up to rub his eyes. Namjoon stood quickly then darted towards the closest trees for cover. 

Yoongi stared in shock at his best friend when he came to the end of his story, Namjoon had risked everything to save him. Lexi's words echoed in his mind. 

"Blood. Only blood. The howl in the night's sky will turn you. And kill you" Lexi said, hands grabbing hold of Yoongi's wrists, she stared at him in a trance-like state before snapping out of it and walking away. Like nothing had ever happened.  

"Lexi" Yoongi muttered, the girl looked up at him, her eyes widened a fraction before returning to the normal blank expression everyone saw her wearing.

"How did you know what was going to happen last night and why did you not prevent it?" Yoongi demanded his hands grabbed a hold of her wrists. Lexi stood up before moving closer to Yoongi making it easier for her to whisper in his ear.

"The better question is, how are you still alive?" Lexi whispered pulling her wrists from his grasp before grabbing her books and walking out of the library leaving a frozen Yoongi behind.

~The Next Day~

Jungkook sat perched on the table, his feet resting on the benches where the others sat, "Okay. Does anyone have any ideas for a plan? We need to make it foolproof so nothing goes wrong, this alpha murdered her pack meaning she must be incredibly strong and I don't want anyone getting hurt"

"She probably knows the woods way better than us by now, she could come from anywhere" Jimin stated

"We can't have her anywhere near the college, it's too dangerous. The woods is our best bet for keeping everyone else safe. We'll just have to be super alert" Jungkook spoke, he couldn't let any more civilians close to this murderer.

"I have an idea" Joon pitched in, "Well.... sort of"

"Go on" Yoongi prompted Namjoon when he still hadn't said anything

"Okay. Well, there's a few old ruins and walls deep inside the forest. If we could trap the alpha there and capture her, not only is it a more identifiable place for us to find then by some random trees but we could all be waiting in a set place ready" Joon explained

"Okay. But how do we get her there?" Jungkook questioned, trying to find every flaw in Namjoon's plan.

"That's where, I, uh, I'm not sure if you'll agree" Joon stuttered out 

"I am not being bait" Yoongi scowled at Joon

"No, not you. Raven" Namjoon finished 

"No. We need to protect her, not put her in harm's way" Jimin quickly countered 

"I know" Namjoon replied "That's why I was hesitant to say"

"Yeah and we'd need to get her to agree in the first place" Yoongi pointed out

"Okay, yes it's not a great plan. But do you guys have any other ideas?" Joon defended himself

"Namjoon's right" Kook stepped in, "It's our only plan and we don't have much time before the alpha becomes an even bigger threat"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Right after college, Joon you're gonna show me these ruins and we'll pick the best one. Chim, go see that dealer whose in town and get a weapon for Namjoon, I don't want him defenceless and Yoongi you follow Raven and get her to agree to our plan. Okay?" Jungkook concluded

"Okay"

"Sure"

"Why do I have to convince her into helping?" Yoongi groaned

"You don't know the dealer and you don't know where the ruins are" Joon stated, patting Yoongi's back as he stood up

"Fine" Yoongi sighed reluctantly.


After sitting in the Headmaster's office for the whole morning, making up lies about a guardian and residence and then going to her first lessons ever, Raven was exhausted. 

Raven headed to the library which was open past college hours. Yoongi spotted her fairly tall figure walking up the stairs. 

Okay. Now is my chance to talk to her. Yoongi watched her from the other side of the library, getting out some homework so he looked preoccupied. This wasn't great, he couldn't exactly go up to her and ask her as he'd be too loud and get kicked out, not what he wanted. What was she even doing here if it is her first day, I mean she probably has a lot to catch up on but, why not go home.

Oh. It made sense now, thinking back to her story.

Yoongi distracted himself with these thoughts to pass the time, he couldn't be bothered to do his homework. He did try, but he just stared at the words, thoughtless.

Finally, the library was closing. Yoongi got up from his seat like the few others that were there. Raven was behind him so he waited outside the doors trying to look like he was busy texting.

Raven made her way to her locker from the library, depositing her new books and supplies. Yoongi watched her as she headed towards the girls changing rooms. What.

Opening the heavy door he followed her in closing the door quietly. She was crouched in front of the lost property box searching through the clothes. Taking a few old, dirty clothes from the basket she headed through another door to where they washed the gym kit. Yoongi just stood not knowing what to think or say. Conflicted on whether he should leave and wait outside he was stopped at the door opened and Raven appeared.

"Yoongi?" She asked as he stared at the door she came through "What are you doing.... in the girls changing room?"

"Uh, I... I was looking for you actually" He replied awkwardly, "Guess I should probably get out of here" he scratched his neck, leaving the room followed by Raven.

"Do you mind if we walk and talk?" Raven asked

"Not at all" Yoongi said

"So, we have a plan to catch the alpha" Yoongi started

Raven nodded and stopped as they came to one of the vending machines. Yoongi lost his train of thought as he watched Raven bang on the machine several times before some of the contents were released. Picking the food up in her arms she looked to Yoongi "You were saying?"

"Oh... yeah..." Yoongi followed Raven as she headed towards the library again "We have everything sorted except a way to lure her into our trap and we want you to be the bait...?"

"You want me to lure the murderous who slaughtered my pack and is trying to kill me into your trap?" Raven asked

"Yeah" Yoongi sighed, she was never going to agree.

"Okay" Raven answered

"Are you sure?" Yoongi said taken aback by her reply

"Yeah, the only way I'll survive is if she's gone, and if she doesn't kill me then she'll kill me here" Raven stated as she sat down on one of the beanbags in the reading area. Yoongi sat next to her and watched as she planted the food beside her.

"Thank-you Raven seriously, I know its a lot to ask" Yoongi spoke sincerely.

"Its fine. You can stop following me now, and go home since you've got your answer"

"You're stopping here, right?" Yoongi motioned to the library

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry-" Yoongi started only to be cut off

"Don't apologise, its not your fault"

"I could get you some new clothes, proper food?" Yoongi suggested while looking at the junk food from the machine.

Raven faced Yoongi, considering the offer for a moment "No"

"You could stay at my house? My parents are on business trips constantly" Yoongi proposed, he felt like he needed to do something for her, especially since she had agreed to the plan.

"I can't. I barely know you" Raven dismissed

"I know. I just feel bad leaving you here, with everything that's happened-"

"Go home" Raven cut in with a serious look plastered on her face. "Please"

Yoongi nodded, standing up he swung his bag on his back "I'll see you tomorrow"

~The Next Day~

"You are planning to take down the rogue werewolf, do you really think you are prepared, you have felt what the rogue werewolf can do, she might take control of you again" a familiar female voice said behind him. Yoongi turned around to face Lexi.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked.

"The rogue werewolf has shown her capabilities to take control of you, the CCTV cameras captured the whole event apparently three werewolves and a druid were not smart enough to figure out that the whole incident was captured but none the less you still peruse her, the rogue werewolf will come and one will die tonight" Lexi explained.

"Who are you and how do you know all of this?" Yoongi questioned.

"You will find out very soon, with this death the balance will not be restored no matter what you or Kim Namjoon may think, only the ultimate sacrifice will do" with that Lexi pushed herself off from the wall she was lent against and walked towards the woods. 

"Okay, are you ready?" Jimin asked Raven, they were stood on the outskirts of the forest.

"Yeah, so I'll give you like 10 minutes to get to the ruins then I'll howl" Raven confirmed their plan.

"Yep. Good luck" Jimin smiled to Raven before he ran off into the woods.


After locating the ruin they had chosen, Jimin arrived too, the others in place, Yoongi and Jungkook took two corners, Jimin placed himself up ahead and Namjoon was at the back with his bag full of supplies and the weapon Jimin had picked up. They recapped their plan until they heard a piercing howl from Raven from the otherwise of the forest.

Raven waited in her spot, cautiously looking around to see if her howl had summoned the alpha. Sure enough, she spotted the alpha coming towards her. Using all her strength she ran as fast as her legs would take her towards the ruins.

"There" Jimin called to the others to let them know he had seen Raven approaching. Raven ran round the single standing stone walls leading the alpha into the middle. Jungkook immediately pounced onto the alpha as soon as she came into view. Raven halted her sprint catching her breathe as Jimin and Yoongi approached the alpha that was wrestling with Jungkook.

The strong alpha fought off the three werewolves, sending them flying back into the walls. It occurred to Namjoon that the alpha was here to kill Raven as that became her target again.

Namjoon ran over to his bag, the vials clanked together as he pulled them out trying to look for the right one. Yellow wolfbane's bullet, the most powerful of them. He turned in the direction of the werewolf, it strode towards Raven. He had hardly any time left.

Namjoon inserted the bullet into the chamber then fired. The rogue werewolf left out an ear piercing howl, with the little strength she had left, she turned to Namjoon, baring her fangs, she ran at Namjoon. The druid boy stumbled backwards trying to get far away, the werewolf was in front of him. He watched as the werewolf raised one of its large claws then suddenly brought it down to kill Namjoon. 

He closed his eyes waiting for the impact. Everything happened so quickly. Another ear-piercing scream erupted through the air. Namjoon opened his eyes to watch as the rogue werewolf was thrown backwards, her body hit the ground barely missing Yoongi. Lexi stood beside him.

"You cannot defeat me with your bullets and your scream" the rogue werewolf chokes out.

"That bullet was filled with yellow wolfbane, it will kill you" Lexi said emotionless as she stepped towards the werewolf. 

"I will not die, banshee".

"But you will, one must die tonight and that one is you" Lexi muttered before pulling a knife from her boot and slashing the werewolves throat. The monster was dead.

"Thank you for saving me" Namjoon said as he approached Lexi.

"Don't thank me, this is just the beginning" Lexi said turning to face Namjoon.