Chapter 14

The Turning

"Please, please, I will do anything you ask of me, just please let me go" the 18-year-old girl begged as she crawled backwards. A tall figure dressed all in black clutching a blood-stained knife in his left hand smirked at the pathetic begging of the female. This was his duty and nothing will stop him from completing it.

"Your pathetic whining will not save you, but do not worry your pain will not last long, I will make this quick" the figure said as he reached forward and grabbed a handful of the girl's auburn hair.

"Please there must be something you want, something you desire, I will do anything just please let me go, please, I don't want to die" the girl begged, tears streamed down her face, staining her cheeks and ruining what makeup she was wearing.

"The balance has been distorted due to a druid's love for his friend, if you wish to blame someone for your death then hold Kim Namjoon accountable but do not worry my dear, his death will come shortly" the figure spoke before lunging forward and slashing the girl's throat wide open.


The pack made their way into their form room for morning registration, taking seats next to each other that were near the back. Their form tutor, Miss Blake settled everyone down which was unusual as she normally browsed the web while everyone chatted to their hearts content, yet this morning was different.

"We have two new students joining our form" she said gesturing to two males, one being familiar to the pack. Miss Blake motioned for them to introduce themselves.

"Hi! I'm Jung Hoseok but you can call me Hobi!" he said with excitement and then bound over to an empty seat.

"Hi, I'm uh, Kim Seokjin but call me Jin" the taller, familiar guy said, his eyes were trained on Namjoon.

Kook and Jimin turned to Yoongi, "We still need to gather more evidence on the Kitsune or we'll never figure out who it is until something bad happens" Jimin confessed.

Kook bit his lip, "We need another plan" he looked over to Namjoon who was talking to Jin and blushing, "Lover boy is too busy to help".

"What about Lexi?" Jimin suggested but they all agreed no when they looked over to see her with earphones in and glaring at them like she somehow knew they wanted to ask her.

They sat completely lost for ideas. "Is there anything else we can do apart from reading books?" Yoongi asked.

"I dunno" Jungkook admitted. 

"We could talk to R-" Jimin was cut off as everyone turned round at a loud thud to see Joon on the floor. A chair leg snapped. The room erupted in laughter and Jin helped Namjoon up, and he looked for another chair. Yoongi watched as Namjoon and Jin continued to talk, he felt slightly uncomfortable that his best friend was getting on so well with someone else.

Suddenly a thought crept into Yoongi's head. He leant over and whispered to Kookie "What if the new boy is the Kitsune". Jungkook's eyes lit up.

"Of course, do you think that he is distracting Namjoon as he has deemed him as the cleverest out of all of us" Jungkook replied. 

"It would make sense but whatever is going on here, I think Lexi must know about it. Look at her, she looks really uncomfortable" Yoongi said his eyes trained on Lexi who was currently looking around the room, her eyes widen with fear and her body language screamed terror. Something was going on. 

A high-pitch ear piercing scream made the werewolves flinch and instantly cover their ears. Yoongi watched as Lexi started moving in the wrong direction in a trance like state, similar to the one where she had informed Yoongi that he was going to die the night he was bitten. Namjoon, Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook all shared a confused look then followed the banshee.

Jimin nearly ran into her when Lexi suddenly stopped, in front of her was a body. An 18-year-old girl with auburn hair and slashed open. Jin stood in front of the body his eyes widen with fear, Namjoon walked over to the other boy and wrapped his arms around Jin's waist before pulling him away from the body. Jin instantly clung to Namjoon's body, his head buried in Namjoon's neck. Namjoon whispered kind words of reassurement as he pulled the older boy further away from the body.

Jimin wrapped an arm around Lexi's shoulders, her eyes were trained on the body in front of her.

"Come on, lets go" Jimin muttered as he gently pulled Lexi away.

"It has started" Lexi muttered her eyes trained on the ground, she was cold and pale. Jimin felt his stomach churn, whatever Lexi was talking about, it could not be good.