Chapter 27

The Turning

"Come this way" Lexi said to Minji after she had recovered from the sight that made her feel sick, "We'll take you down to the basement"

Namjoon, Jin and Taehyung followed them downstairs. Lexi instructed Minji what the best thing to do was if the killer got to her.

Jin and Namjoon looked over to Taehyung questioningly while Lexi spoke. "She's the next target" Taehyung whispered to them.

"Namjoon - I need a layer of mountain ash in this room, Minji stays here" Lexi said.

"Okay, you guys get out then" Namjoon said before going to retrieve the ash.

"Jin, you guard the basement door as a last resort" Lexi instructed before heading upstairs.

"Namjoon, you come with me. We'll cover the over entries and Taehyung you guard the front door" Lexi spoke, the others agreed without thought knowing that her brain had already formed a plan.

"I'm ready" Jin shouted from downstairs.

"Taehyung you set?" Namjoon shouted

"Yeah"


The killer approached the house which was harbouring his next target, he could tell that the house was filled with supernatural creatures, two banshees and a hellhound plus the druid which destroyed the balance. A thin barrier of ash surrounded the house to prevent any supernatural creature from entering or exiting.

The figure saw the door was left open slightly allowing him entrance to the house, the killer deemed that the supernatural creatures would be spread out throughout the house to ensure that all points of entry were covered to make sure that the killer would not sneak up on them. The killer stepped over the mountain ash barrier and pushed open the door.

The killer looked around his surrounding determining where they might have hidden his target. His eyes were instantly drawn to the door leading down to a basement. Taehyung watched from his hiding spot when the killer was in view he jumped out of his hiding spot and started his attack on the figure. The killer grabbed Taehyung after the young hellhound was able to land a few punches on the killer's face but before Taehyung was able to make another move, the killer through him against the nearest wall which made him fall to the ground unconscious.


Namjoon heard footsteps behind him they sounded heavy.

"Kim Namjoon" the killer's familiar voice said from behind him.

"You want my answer" Namjoon said turning to face the killer.

"Correct" the figure stated.

"I will come with you and sacrifice myself if it will ensure the safety of my friends and my Jin" Namjoon said.

"Good, now come with me, the full moon is approaching and we can only preform the ritual with the similar conditions to when the balance was destroyed" the figure explained.

Namjoon walked over to the figure who had now turned around and started walking down the stairs, Namjoon let out a deep sigh. He was not ready to die, there was still so much he still wanted to do for example take Jin out on a date but his time was running out and Namjoon knew it this was the only way to protect Jin and his friends then he would sacrifice himself.

Unaware to both the killer and Namjoon, Seokjin overheard their conversation. A determined look appeared on Seokjin's face, he was going to save Namjoon if it was the last thing he would do.