Chapter 9

The Turning

Yoongi and Jungkook walked side by side in silence as they returned to the college, both boys were on guard just in case the rogue alpha attacked again but so far, they were safe.

"Where are the girls, Joon and Jimin?" Yoongi asked Jungkook.

"We took them to the boys' locker room to keep them out of sight of others after all we need answers from this girl" Jungkook said before striding ahead.


Yoongi pushed open the boys' locker to find the girl now awake curled up into herself. Jimin was attending to Namjoon's wounds... Yoongi's eyes snapped over to his best friend. Bruises littered his face.

"What happened?" Yoongi demanded.

"Lexi woke up and started to attack Namjoon, I had to pull her off him but the damage had already been done" Jimin explained.

"I will fight her, I don't care whether she is a female and I am not meant to harm them, I will bloody hurt her for hurting you" Yoongi threatened before turning around to storm out the locker room door to find Lexi.

"Yoongi, don't, I deserved it" Namjoon said grabbing his best friends arm.

"What do you mean, you deserved it, you did not deserve it" Yoongi argued.

"I did trust me, you have no idea to what I did that night" Namjoon replied.

"What, what do you mean?" Yoongi asked.

"You broke the balance between life and death that was what Lexi said" Jimin piped up.

"Joon, what does that mean?" Yoongi questioned.

"Yoongi, you were meant to die the night you were bitten" Namjoon answered. 

"HEY!" Jungkook suddenly shouted, all the questions Yoongi wanted to ask were pushed to one side as he and Namjoon turned their heads to stare at Kook. He held the brown haired girl by the arm as she was trying to leave the room.

She looked at everyone timidly.

"You need to give us some answers" Jungkook deadpanned, he was not in the mood for politeness. She stared at him almost clueless.

"Kook" Jimin lingered as he spoke his name, it was his way of telling him to calm down and to not be so rude.

"It's alright. I'll talk" the girl spoke, she didn't have an accent but you could tell she wasn't from around here.

They all sat down on the benches. "What do you know about the alpha?" Jungkook asked

Her lips frowned at the mention of that name. She took a deep breath.

Before she could answer, Yoongi spoke "When we found you in the woods, you said that she found you.... you know her?" he knew it was rude for intervening but the words were playing over in his mind. He couldn't figure this girl out.

"Wait, What's your name?" Jimin asked he felt bad for not asking beforehand.

"My name is Raven. And that's true, I do know her" she replied, "I was running away from her" her voice was quiet and she sounded like she could cry, but her face didn't hold any emotion.

"Why?" Yoongi asked, he could see she was reluctant to talk about it but he wanted answers.

"I was in her pack previously, I guess technically I still am but I'm the only one left" 

"Someone attacked you?" Joon was too quick to ask

"No" Jimin answered for her, he'd worked it out "The alpha killed off the rest of the pack, that's why she was running away" he looked to Raven to make sure his assumption was correct and she nodded.

"It was out of nowhere. A normal day, then she just starts slaughtering Minho and then-" Raven paused like she couldn't finish. Yoongi placed a hand on her arm gently, he found it a little awkward but knew she needed comforting and that Jungkook who was on her other side wouldn't do that.

"Then.." Raven started to continue again, "My mum told me to run but I just stood there frozen as she murdered everyone else then she came for me, she attacked me, I was able to find enough strength to push her off before I started running, I had no idea where I was going, I just wanted to get as far away from her as I could". 

"Do you think she'll try kill Yoongi too?" Jimin asked curious, motioning to the guy sat on Raven's left so she knew who he was on about.

"Why would she kill you?" Raven asked him, turning to face him

"She turned me" he answered shortly.

There was a short silence filling the room, it was one of pain and sadness.

"Raven" Jimin addressed her, "I'm sorry for your loss, I-"

"It's okay. You don't need to apologise for anything" She started moving to get up and leave.

"Hey" Jungkook called before she was out the door "We'll make sure she doesn't kill you too, okay"

Raven smiled weakly and nodded heading out the boys' locker room.