Chapter 29

The Turning

"How much further do we have to walk?" Yoongi complained as the group searched the woods for the Misericordiae Vita Monument. 

"Stop complaining or go home" Lexi snapped, irritation was present in her voice. 

"You haven't even told us what this Misericordiae Vita Monument looks like" Jungkook stated. 

"It looks like a temple but has a rustic look and has sunk into the ground" Taehyung said. 

"I think we would know if there was a temple in the woods" Yoongi stated looking over at Lexi with a disbelieving look on his face. 

"That is the wonderful thing about the human race, you put a sunken temple slap bang in the middle of the forest close to a walkway and what do you do, you don't admire the history of the place you all walk straight past it" Lexi stated before walking further away from the group. 

"I'm really excited to see it" Hobi chirped in from the other side, the group were spread out a bit to try and cover more distance.

Lexi was conversing with Taehyung whilst Jimin and Jungkook were teasing each other. Hobi was trying to cheer Jin up, seeing that he was worried but the older guy didn't respond much to him.

"Are you okay?" Raven asked Yoongi, looking at him with wide eyes.

"I'm fine, why?" He replied

"You just seem a bit... off, is all" she said

"What'd you mean?"

"You just seem a little different, especially your eyes" she commented

"Well I'm fine" he puffed out, walking a bit further ahead.

"I don't see any temple, where is it!" Hobi questioned, scuffing the ground with his feet.

"Jungkook" Raven got his attention while the others continued to walk forwards, he slowed down to walk by her side, "We haven't got the chains with us have we?"

"No.... do you need them?"

"I just have a bad feeling that'll we'll need them" Raven replied

"GUYS!" Taehyung shouted to everyone, "Lexi says head more over this way!"

The group followed in pursuit feeling like they were wondering around hopelessly.

"Agh" 

Jimin turned his head to where the sound had come from, "Are you okay?" he said looking at Yoongi, he was clutching his head bending nearer towards the floor.

Jungkook shared a glance with Raven.

"Yoongi, just breathe okay" Jungkook said standing behind him.

"I'm fine" he croaked out, one of his hands reached aimlessly for the tree besides him.

Jimin looked to see that Tae, Lexi and Hobi who were in front had continued on further.

"I think you were right about those chains" Jungkook said to Raven.

"Honestly, I'm fine, stop fussing" Yoongi spat, still crouched to the ground.

"Well I don't see his claws, so that's a good sign right" Jimin spoke trying to reassure his boyfriend.


Jin's mind kept drifting to Namjoon, he was worried and he knew Yoongi must be dreadfully worried as well. He wondered if this was a reason affecting his state and slowly approaching Yoongi to pat his shoulder in comfort. 

"I'm sorry that I didn't come straight to you when Namjoon was taken, it was... we weren't close and I didn't know how you would take the news about your best friend being taken" Jin said. 

"Jin I would step away from Yoongi" Jungkook warned.

"Why?" Jin asked but before Jungkook could explain the situation, Yoongi turned around, his eyes were yellow, his fangs and claws were out. Yoongi growled before raising his left hand and brought it down in Jin's direction. Jin only had the chance to move his right arm in front of his face before Yoongi's claws cut through his jumper then his skin. 

Jungkook drove in front of Jin to stop Yoongi's claws from penetrating more of his skin.

"Jimin!" Raven called him to help her, she gripped onto Yoongi's waist trying to pull him back from Jin and Jungkook. Jimin quickly came grabbing Yoongi's arms as he tried to strike more times.

Jungkook ushered Jin to move further away before he got in front of Yoongi as he was struggling against Raven and Jimin.

"Yoongi. Listen to me. You can control this, You're strong" Jungkook spoke. Jimin glanced at Jungkook before saying, "The sun"

"The moon" Jungkook continued

"The truth" Raven finished.

"Repeat it in your head Yoongi, you need to stay grounded" Jungkook told him.

"The s-sun. The Moon-" Yoongi tried to speak out but his eyes flashed a brighter yellow and he surged forward causing Jimin to loose the grip on his arms and fall to the floor.

Raven tried to hold him while Jungkook secured his arms. "You have to believe that you can control it Yoongi"

"I can't" he spluttered

"Yes you can" Raven said

"C'mon Yoongi" Jungkook deadpanned.

"The sun"

"The moon"

"And the truth" Yoongi fought the words out, his body relaxing ever so slightly. He repeated again and again until he found himself down by the floor again with Raven, Jungkook and Jimin standing round him. He breathed heavily and sighed gratefully when he saw no claws.

"I'll go catch up to the others - let them know to slow down" Jungkook said before darting off.

Jimin had checked Jin's wounds, luckily they weren't bad and he would heal in time.

"Yoongi" Raven called softly, she placed a hand on his back and he slowly started to stand up.

He gave Raven and Jimin a small smile before walking over to Jin cautiously, he cursed himself when he saw the gashes on Jin's arm and through his jumper. 

"I am so sorry Jin, I didn't mean it I promise, I would never hurt someone on purpose without a good reason to" Yoongi said apologising to older boy. 

"It's fine, I understand that you are a newly bitten wolf and cannot completely control your powers so don't worry about it" Jin said brushing the attack to the side. 

"But I really mean it, I am so sorry" Yoongi said continuing to apologise. 

"It's fine really" 

"But I'm really am sor.." Yoongi said once more but was interrupted by Jin. 

"I said it's fine, so please stop apologising" Jin said, Yoongi went to open his mouth once more when another voice piped up. 

"Guys we found the Misericordiae Vita" Taehyung spoke.