Chapter 17

The Turning

Raven walked slowly down the now empty corridors as everybody was in the last lesson of the day. She hadn't seen anyone all day or learned anything new about the kitsune. She was about to turn round the corner and heard voices:

"Why aren't we going to last lesson again?"

"Because I need to get my books from my locker and you pulled me away from my locker"

"Oh... haha sorry"

That voice sounded like...

Yoongi. She saw his figure at his locker accompanied by a boy she'd never seen before.

"Raven" Yoongi said as he saw her approaching them "I haven't seen you all day"

"I know" Raven admitted stopping in front of him, "I spent nearly the whole day in the Principal's office and with several other staff members trying to explain where I live and stuff like that, Of course it's all made up but because of my financial situation which I actually said is better than it is" she paused to laugh, "they are looking into giving me supplies and lunch for free"

"Sounds boring, but good news though" Yoongi answered, "You could stay with-"

"Hi! I'm Hobi!" the other boy squealed cutting Yoongi off.

Raven smiled at his energy, "I'm Raven, if you hadn't guessed".

"Are you two-"

A loud bang sounding like an explosion rang through the college and the ground shook slightly. The three of them looked at each other in confusion.

"Was that an earthquake?" Hobi asked.

"I'm not sure but it didn't sound like one" Yoongi remarked.

"C'mon, it came from this way" Raven said walking closer to where the bang was, Hobi and Yoongi followed her until they reached the sight.

"Oh my " Yoongi exclaimed 

"That's a big hole" Hobi commented.

"This place actually gets weirder everyday" Raven said.

Yoongi made his way closer to the crater-like hole. "I think I can smell someone down there"

"Same" Raven agreed

"It's Jimin and Jungkook, definitely" Yoongi said leaning his head over the hole.

"Do you think they're stuck?" Hobi questioned.

"No clue" Yoongi replied, "We could move some of the rubble" Yoongi said leaning further over the edge to reach some of the debris, Raven grabbed his waist before he fell over the edge, "Thanks".

"You have short arms, let me try" Hobi said leaning down also, but failing to reach anything.

"It's no use, we need like a ladder" Yoongi said.

"GET AWAY FROM THAT!" 

All three of them turned to see five teachers coming towards the hole, some with shock on their faces and others with anger. 

"Students should be in lesson and not messing around with potential crime scenes" the one teacher spoke harshly. 

"Sorry" they said quietly together.

Another teacher stepped forward, "As punishment you will have detention. Starting now until the last member of staff leaves for the day"

"What" Yoongi went to argue but stopped when he realised everyone was staring at him.

"I will you to detention" the same teacher spoke, guiding them along.

"This is ing ridiculous" Yoongi whispered to Raven and Hobi.

"Well I wasn't going anywhere anyway" Raven chuckled

"Don't worry guys" Hobi put his hands over both their shoulders, "MY HOPE WILL BE WITH YOU!" he exclaimed.

The teacher turned round to look at the three of them with a glare and then continued walking.

"Shut up" Yoongi directed his comment to Hobi and huffed in annoyance.


Once they were sat in the empty room the teacher addressed them, "Frankly I don't have time to supervise you so I'm just going to lock the door on my way out and open it later when I come back" she said and then exited the door and locked it.

"What a , she could just leave us in here" Yoongi growled

"Shhhhhh! Your language" Hobi said putting his hand over Yoongi's mouth. 

"We should do something fun! to pass the time" Hobi suggested, "C'mon! I wanna be friends! let's learn about each other!" he said looking at their bored expressions.

"Where are you from?" Hobi asked as his first question

"I was born in this city" Yoongi answered and Hobi turned his head to Raven.

"Not too far from here" She left her answer vague.

"Do you have any siblings? I have a sister" Hobi said

Both Raven and Yoongi shook their heads no. 

"Do you like music? I love music and dance!"

Yoongi suddenly perked up when the word music was mentioned, "Yeah, music is like the best thing like ever, to exist, I play piano and well attempt to write lyrics"

"Wow cool! What about you?" Hobi said

"I don't know that much about music" She answered honestly, she'd never heard of any of the mainstream artists, "But I play a little guitar.. well I used to... and Minho used to play piano..." she trailed off lost in thought. 

Yoongi panicked as he saw her expression drop, Hobi didn't know what he was getting into by asking these things.

"Who's Minho?" Hobi questioned.

Yoongi wasn't sure how to respond, heck he didn't even know who Minho was but for some reason he felt like he had to say something, "You like dance?" he directed to Hobi.

"YEAH ! I'll show you some!" He said jumping out of his seat, Raven turned back to watch Hobi dance.

Hobi started to show them some popping when the room was flooded with darkness.

"Who turned the lights off on my dancing!" Hobi exclaimed, annoyed but still sounding full of life.

"Ah! What the is that!" Yoongi exclaimed, instinctively holding onto Raven who seemed just as freaked out by the glowing orange aura in front of them.

"What! Who's there?!" Hobi turned around, confused at what had scared them.

"It makes sense now" Raven stated.

Yoongi relaxed at her words but was still confused, "What do you mean?" he asked, his arms still around her shoulders.

"Hobi's the kitsune".