Chapter 24

The Turning

"Banshee, I'm not a banshee" Jin lied.

"You discover a pile of bodies after going into a trance like state, you are a banshee, the only other supernatural creature you potentially would be is a hellhound and considering neither you or the resident hellhound have interactive with each other by protecting the supernatural, I really doubt you are a hellhound also lets not forget the scream you let out when you discovered the bodies, a banshee scream" Lexi explained.

"I have no idea what on earth you are talking about?" Jin lied turning in the opposite direction to prevent Lexi from seeing that he was lying.

"Male banshees are rare, don't worry I will not tell anyone unless you want him or the others to know" Lexi said trying to reassure him.

"What do you want me to do? You wouldn't have come all the way here just because you discovered I am a male banshee so tell me what do you want?" Jin asked.

"I want you to help me find a hellhound" Lexi replied. 


"So, what gives you this impression that he wants to be found, we have been looking for him for three days now, he has not turned up anywhere. Taehyung enrolled at our university but according to students and staff he has only shown up once and practically ran out the classroom whilst stripping " Jin questioned as he and Lexi walked deeper into the woods.

"He must have a vague idea when he can sense individual's deaths meaning his hellhound must give him some type of warning sign allowing him to get as far away as possible to hide who he is" Lexi replied.

"Meaning?" Jin asked.

"The hellhound would be able to help us discover who the next target for this supernatural killer is and we can prevent it, this also means we would discover who is killing people and try to restore the balance which your boyfriend broke" Lexi answered.

"Namjoon is not my boyfriend" Jin muttered whilst looking away from the girl in front of him.

"Oh, come on have you seen you two, you were practically making out when I came to confront you about being a banshee" Lexi retaliated.

"You saw that" Jin said staring at Lexi, his cheeks were stained red at the thought that someone had witnessed that intimate moment between himself and Namjoon.

"I think all your friends were waiting for you and Namjoon to get your act together and to kiss already" Lexi muttered. 


Taehyung walked towards the supernatural beacon which was pulling him towards it, recently the supernatural killer had claimed the lives of multiple victims. The balance must be restored but the actions of this killer was not knocking off the fraction number of individuals needed to die to restore the balance properly. The one who destroy it must die to prevent the supernatural killer from continuing.

Taehyung stopped when he reached the supernatural beacon, he could sense two presences both were harbingers of death just like himself – the banshees.

"What are you doing here Banshees?" Taehyung spoke his eyes trained on the male and female as he carefully placed the body in its place.

"We are here to make a deal with you, hellhound" Jin spoke confidently as he approached the other harbinger of death.

"What deal?" Taehyung asked looking sceptical.

"You cannot control your powers that is a given so do not try to deny it. My proposal is simple, you help us discover the identity of the killer's next target and protect them then in return I will teach you control" Lexi explained.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Taehyung said.

"You don't but if you ever want to live a normal life without your hellhound form getting in the way then you have no other choice but to trust us" Jin stated.

"Fine, I will help you" Taehyung reluctantly agreed. 

"Good, now this will help you for now before you can properly learn control, if you do not want others to become suspicious of who you are then wear it and start attending university" Lexi stated handing over a necklace with a pentagram on it.

"What does this do?" Taehyung asked as he placed the necklace around his neck, instantly Taehyung was able to feel himself becoming more in control of his own body, something which he hasn't felt in a long time.

"It worked" Taehyung muttered looking down at the necklace.

"Of course, it worked, you really think I would hand over a faulty protection trinket, wait don't answer that" Lexi said.

"We better head to uni, we don't want anyone getting suspicious" Lexi added before running off. Taehyung looked over at Jin, who shook his head and followed after the other banshee.


Namjoon's eyes scanned the crowd looking for a particular individual, he was currently with the others in the canteen. He saw Lexi running down the hallway with something strange clutched to her chest, it looked like a diamond. 

"Jin over here" Namjoon shouted once his eyes landed on the older boy.

"Hey" Jin said walking over to the group with Taehyung following.

"Who is he?" Jungkook asked looking over at Taehyung with a suspicious look on his face.

"This is Kim Taehyung, he is new here, I was just showing him around" Jin introduced Taehyung.

"Yes, it is nice to meet all of you" Taehyung said smiling before shaking everyone's hands enthusiastically.

"It is nice to meet you too Taehyung, I am Jimin, this is my boyfriend Jungkook, next to him is Hoseok and Namjoon, this are Yoongi and of course you have already met Jin" Jimin introduced them.

"Jungkook, what is the probability that we know the killer?" Yoongi whispered underneath his breath.

"Quite high why?" Jungkook questioned looking over at the smaller boy.

"I think that Jin might be the killer and he keeps finding the bodies to make himself look innocent which has obviously worked a charm on the others" Yoongi whispered.

"You do have a point, lets follow him to see whether your theory is right" Jungkook said back. The bell rang signalling it was time for first lesson, Jin stayed with the others throughout the whole day making it easier for Yoongi and Jungkook to observe what the older boy was doing. Jungkook came up with an excuse to tell Jimin when the end of the day came, Yoongi and Jungkook climbed into Yoongi's car and followed Jin's. 

Jin drove in the direction of the woods which was miles away from Jin's house. The two boys watch Jin climb out his car and headed towards the toilet cubical which was located at the entrance of the woodlands. Jungkook and Yoongi watched as discretely as they could as Jin opened the door and froze, a high-pitch ear-piercing scream followed.