Chapter 25

The Turning

Namjoon lay on his bed, music filled the room of his latest mixtape. He could instantly see flaws in the tracks even though Yoongi had tried to reassure him that the tracks were perfect the way they were. Namjoon faintly heard the sound of his phone ringing. He slightly wondered who would be calling him at this time. Namjoon reached over for his phone which was charging on his bedside table. Namjoon carelessly knocked after a lamp as he pulled his phone from the wire it was connect to and raised it above his face to see who was calling him. It was Jin.

"Hey Jin" Namjoon said pressing his phone against his ear.

"Joonie" the scared voice of Jin came out the receiver.

"Jin what's wrong?" Namjoon questioned sitting up on his bed and reaching for his coat.

"I found another body Joonie, please come, I'm scared" Jin begged. Namjoon darted down the stairs whilst putting his coat on.

"Text me the address of your whereabouts and I will be with you as fast as I can" Namjoon said before hanging up so he could put his shoes on.


Jin had his arms wrapped around his abdomen, he watched as the police walked around the crime scene interviewing witnesses and collecting evidence. The longer Jin waited for Namjoon, the more uncomfortable he became.

"Jin" a familiar voice shouted his name. Jin turned around to see Namjoon running over to him.

"Joonie" Jin said before he instantly hugged the other boy the second he was close enough.

"You didn't call me first" Namjoon complained when he saw all the police scattered around the scene.

"I'm meant to call you first when I find a body" Jin said looking up at Namjoon.

"Yes, so I can be there for you when you make the call to the police" Namjoon stated.

"Okay Joonie" Jin said before burying his head back in Namjoon's chest.

"Come on let's get you home Jinnie" Namjoon said wrapping his arm around Jin's waist and pulled him away from the crime scene. The journey back, neither boy said anything as they drove back to Jin's. Namjoon took the keys from Jin's bag to open the front door then he carefully walked in with Jin still in his arms.

"I better go" Namjoon said once he was sure that Jin was going to be alright without him there.

"Joonie, can you stay with me until I fall asleep" Jin asked as he lay down on his bed.

"Of course" Namjoon said before lying down beside his crush. Jin gave Namjoon a small smile as he laid his head against Namjoon's chest. Namjoon look down at Jin with a large smile present on his face, Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin's waist and pulled him closer, he then pressed a small kiss against Jin's head.

"Are you alright Jinnie?" Namjoon asked as he softly Jin's waist.

"I hate that I keep finding these bodies Joonie, I just want this to end" Jin replied.

"It will end Jinnie, I will make sure that I will protect you from any dangers, I promise" Namjoon said before he pressed a kiss against Jin's head once more.

"Good night Joonie" Jin whispered as he drifted off to sleep.

"Night Jinnie, I love you" Namjoon muttered before he too fell asleep.


Namjoon awoke to the smell of food, the druid slowly sat up before running a hand through his hair. Namjoon looked around his surroundings, he wasn't in his own room. The room was filled with Mario possessions and cooking books. The memories of the day before filled Namjoon's mind. A smile appeared on his face when he realised that Jin was cooking for him.

Namjoon pushed himself off the bed and headed downstairs where Jin was. Namjoon walked over to the kitchen to see Jin standing in front of the oven, making pancakes.

"I see someone is up" Jin said turning to face Namjoon once he had plated up the pancakes then handed a plate to Namjoon.

"I could get use to this" Namjoon said as he took a seat at the table then started eating his food.

"Maybe you will" Jin muttered underneath his breath.

"Do you want to watch a film?" Jin asked after he finished washing up the dishes.

"Sure, pick whatever film you want to watch" Namjoon said sitting down onto the sofa. Jin grabbed the closest movie he could and put it on before sitting down on the sofa next to Namjoon and lay his head against Namjoon's chest. 

"There is something bothering you isn't there, are you mixed up with this supernatural business which Lexi and Taehyung are dealing with" Jin asked looking up at Namjoon. Namjoon's eyes widened as he looked down at Jin, he did not know whether to answer Jin or to continue watching the film. 

"Yeah, I am but don't worry about me okay. As long as you are safe then I'll be fine" Namjoon replied before pressing a quick kiss to Jin's forehead.

"Please be careful for me, please Joonie" Jin begged looking up at Namjoon with a serious expression on his face.

"I promise I will be careful Jinnie" Namjoon promised whilst the side of Jin's face. Jin pressed a hand against Namjoon's.

"You better be" Jin said before surging forward and pressed his lips against Namjoon's in a passionate kiss.