Chapter 18

The Turning

"Patrol 3, reports say that apparently there has been another body found in the woods, are you in the area to check it out" the radio cracked into life as police dispatch informed the police officer who was currently closest to the woodland area.

"Dispatch, I cannot currently pursue the body, I am currently following a half- man who is running in the direction of the woods, he is currently on fire" the police officer informed dispatch before climbing out the police car and running after the man who was on fire. 


Kim Taehyung darted throughout the trees his eyes were glowing red with reddish orangish fire which surrounded his body. Taehyung could hear the police man chasing after him but Taehyung knew that he could not let the man catch up with him, the sound of running water drew Taehyung's attention. He quickly turned around to make sure that the police officer was not in sight before darting towards the river and jumping in. 

The water hit his body and instantly put out the fire. Taehyung lay floating in the river for a few minutes when he heard the police man getting closer, Taehyung stood up in the river and walked towards the bank  to collect his bag which he had dropped off earlier. Taehyung was unable to control his powers easily, so he had learnt to control his powers through regularly shifting. 

Which meant he had to regularly plan where he would shift to prevent anyone from noticing the man on fire. Taehyung quickly put his clothes on and threw his backpack onto his back just as the police officer came into the clearing.

"Excuse me Sir but have you seen a man wearing hardly anything whilst being on fire, I could not tell for sure but it seems that he had dark brown hair, have you seen him" the police man asked looking at Taehyung with a critical look.

"Um... I cannot be sure but I do believe that someone with brown hair went that way, I was not properly looking but I think he went that way" Taehyung lied pointing off in a random direction. The police officer nodded still looking at the boy in front of him suspiciously before running off in the direction Taehyung pointed in.

"What the hell are you doing here, Hellhound?" Lexi snapped as she came into the clearing staring at the hellhound in front of her.

"And why would care about what I do, Banshee?" Taehyung snapped back.