Chapter 8

The Turning

You IDIOT. Yoongi thought as he continued to run at lightning speed further into the unfamiliar forest, the trees became blurs. Crap. . . Why did you do that. Yoongi felt like a coward for fleeing at the sight of the alpha. You ing idiot. He replayed the scene over in his head, his mind lingering on Lexi's body, he'd left her there. Idiot. She could still be there now, she could be dying. Sighing, Yoongi did not want to run anymore, he wanted to face the alpha. She was the route of his power and struggles and why he felt different. He wanted everything to be normal again, but he could not stop running.

"OOF"

Yoongi fell hard to the ground with the figure who had tackled him on top. Opening his eyes slowly in fear of the alpha, Yoongi relaxed when he saw it was Jungkook who was now standing up, brushing the dirt off his arms. Jungkook looked down at Yoongi, slight concern was plastered on his face in the way his eyebrows bunched together.

"Thanks" Yoongi said quietly, he knew Jungkook knew he could not stop, he was grateful. Kook smiled back at him, pulling Yoongi up from the ground, they looked up to see the alpha in front of them.

"Crap"

Jungkook pulled at Yoongi's arm, dragging him along, Yoongi turned his head to see.. well... nothing.

"Wait!" He detached from Jungkook, stopping completely "She's gone"

Jungkook turned around, features dropping as his eyes searched the nearby trees for the alpha. "How, why...?"

Yoongi shook his head, clueless. 

"Hey, we should get back to the college, okay" Jungkook spoke, placing his hand on Yoongi's shoulder to urge him to walk along.


Namjoon fell backwards, his head hit the ground when his body came into contact with it. His whole body hurt but it did not stop himself from slightly believing that he deserved the beating he received. He did not fight back even when he heard Jimin beg for Lexi to stop he lay still taking it, he knew Yoongi was going to be pissed when he and Jungkook got back from running from the rogue alpha but then again, Yoongi did not know, Yoongi had no idea what he did and somehow, somehow Lexi did.

"Stop, please" Jimin begged as Lexi continued to attack Namjoon, he did not know what to do, he hated violence, so he never learnt how to deal with it, Jungkook always did these types of things, he hated being useless. Jimin silently vowed to himself that he would ask his boyfriend to teach him how to defend himself and how to fight, he had a feeling that this alpha was going after the unconscious girl which meant that he might be in danger and Jungkook might not be around to protect him all the time.

Jimin took a deep breath before lunged forward and grabbed Lexi before using all the strength he could muster pulled the girl off Namjoon. Blood was pouring from Namjoon nose, his lip was split, and he had a slowly forming black eye, Lexi had not been kind with her hits. He could feel the glare he received for his intervention but he did not pay any attention to her.

Lexi pulled herself away from Jimin then turned to face Namjoon.


The girl opened her eyes, fear spread through her body as she looked at her surroundings, she did not recognise anything. For a split second, she thought that the alpha had her and everything that had happened would happen to her but then she remembered those boys that she had run into in the forest before collapsing.

The girl was pulled out of her thoughts by shouting, she turned her head and instantly recognised two of the boys from earlier but this time there was a girl with them. The shorter boy was shouting at the girl who was attacking the taller boy. The shorter boy grabbed the girl and pulled her off the boy lying on the floor. The girl glared at the two boys before turning her attention to the boy she had beaten up.

"This is your fault" she said before adding "You have disturbed the balance between life and death".