Chapter 2

The Turning

Watching from the distance, blood was dripping from the large fangs. The beast watched as students arrived none of them smelt like the boy from yesterday or that girl but the wolf caught the scent of something else. Another supernatural creature but what it was, the beast could not tell. Blood suddenly filled the air as the newly turned boy entered the school grounds, his arm was clutching his side where the bite was. Another boy walked towards him, he was human but there was something different about him. 

Yoongi grabbed a hold of Namjoon's arm and pulled him in the direction of the boy's bathroom. When they entered there was no one else in there. "What the hell happened to you last night?" Joon questioned, he was still concerned but his worry from the previous night had subsided slightly.

Yoongi dropped a hold of Joon's arm and pulled his top up to reveal the bloody plaster he had put on the bite wound last night. "I was bitten but some beast last night, out and when I came to, I was back in my room" Yoongi answered then he peeled back the plaster to show Joon the bite mark only to find it had completely healed. 

"What the !" Yoongi stared at where the mark was meant to be.

"Oh, I know exactly what happened Yoongi, don't worry it is nothing serious well except for that one night" Namjoon said with a serious expression on his face, Yoongi looked up at his best friend worry was written across his face. 

"What do you mean, what night?" Yoongi questioned panic was present in his voice.

"You know, that night every month, when you change on the night of the full moon" Joon teased before breaking out into a howl. Yoongi's facial features went blank then he punched Namjoon in the arm. 

"Shut up you idiot, I am not a werewolf" Yoongi muttered then stormed past the man he thought was his friend and headed straight towards the classroom where his first lesson was. 

"Oh come on Yoongs I was only teasing you" Namjoon shouted after his best friend but Yoongi did not stop his march through the corridor. Once he had located his classroom Yoongi flopped down into his seat located at the back of the classroom, dumping his bag under the table Yoongi rested his head on the table and closed his eyes, the events of yesterday were still fresh in his mind. 

Yoongi kicked desperately at the large beast hovering above him. The beast's teeth sunk into Yoongi's stomach, adrenaline tore through Yoongi's veins as he reached for anything he could grab and hit the Beast's head with the metal bar. The beast let out a screech and removed its teeth from Yoongi's stomach before scurrying off. Yoongi lay there, staring up at the night sky. That girl was right, I was destined to die tonight. Her words echoed through his mind.

"Blood. Only blood. The howl in the night's sky will turn you. And kill you" The purple-haired girl said, hands grabbing hold of Yoongi's wrists, she stared at him in a trance like state before snapping out of it and walking away. 

"Come away a human child to become a part of my pack and we will slaughter those who dare lay a finger on our kind we are stronger than those pathetic humans, I have turned you. You will obey me" 

Yoongi's eyes snapped open and his head shot up from the table, other students had now entered the classroom but none paid attention to Yoongi who was panicking in the back of the room. Namjoon was not in his first class because the idiot was too clever for his own good. Normally Yoongi would attempt to sleep throughout the whole lesson until the teacher woke him up but he couldn't close his eyes without seeing that beast. 

The lesson drowned on but Yoongi could not concentrate, a smell attacked his nostrils - it was strong and pungent whilst having a mixture of sweet and calming. 

"Jimin, I do not like this idea, what if other boys try to steal you from me" a voice said. Yoongi turned his head to the window beside him, there were two males walking hand in hand into the school grounds. 

"Kookie that will not happen, I love you too much to leave you" the smaller of the two answered before leaning up and pressing a kiss to the taller one's lips. Yoongi grabbed a hold of his ears in an attempted to block the voices but it did not work, Yoongi stood up knocking his chair over then darted towards the door. The teacher called after him but Yoongi kept running until he came to the bathroom both him and Namjoon were in earlier. 

Yoongi headed over to the sink and started splashing cold water over his face in an attempt to snap himself out of his weird phase. Yoongi looked up at the mirror but the reflection which was staring back at him was not his own. 

Yellow eyes, fangs, pointed ears and hair were what he saw. He had been turned into a monster.