Chapter 1

The Turning

Blood was everywhere, the 17-year-old girl ran further away from the soulless corpses of her parents, her pack. Her usual light brown hair was caked in blood, her clothes were stained. It was chasing after her, the alpha. Its glowing red eyes. Its monstrous form. The screams of the dead echoed through her mind, breathing heavily she tried to focus on a coherent thought but her mind couldn't stop going back to the sound of ripping flesh. 

The footsteps were getting closer and closer until...


Yoongi flopped on his bed, Epik High's song Don't hate me blaring in the background. Today had been a really, really long day. Going from sleeping to eating to sleeping was super tiring. Yoongi closed his eyes and relaxed comfortably when he heard a loud thump followed by several curse words. Yoongi recognised the voice belonged to his best friend Kim Namjoon.

Sighing that he couldn't get a moments peace Yoongi opened his eyes frustratedly and glared at his best friend who was sprawled out on his bedroom floor.

"Namjoon, what is that?" Yoongi asked sarcastically pointing to his bedroom door

Namjoon looked up "Uh, a door" He answered

"Then why aren't you using it!" Yoongi complained sitting up on his bed.

"I didn't know if one of your parents might have come back and I think they would be questioning why I was coming to your house at this hour on a school night" Joon explained

"Yeah, and why are you here, at this hour on a school night. Disturbing my peace?" Yoongi grumbled

"Well, there's a body-" Namjoon began but was cut off by Yoongi

"What did you do this time?" Yoongi asked

"Nothing, honestly. But there's a dead body in the woods and I think we should go find it" Namjoon said grabbing his best friend's arm and pulling him off his bed.

"Joon, what - like why would I wanna go find a dead body while I could be happily sleeping, or like ever, I'm not a fan of blood y'know" Yoongi groaned as Joon continued to drag him the whole way out his house and over to his car. Feeling a little sleep deprived, Yoongi didn't protest when Joon shoved him into the passenger seat and belted him up.

The drive to the woods wasn't very long since Yoongi lived quite close to the woodland area. Yoongi was but always has been slightly concerned at Namjoon's passion for strange things like this.

"Wait. Joon. If there's a dead body in the woods. How do you know about it?" Yoongi asked slightly confused and alarmed

"They only found an arm" Joon stated like it was a normal occurrence. "I can't believe it took you this long to ask me how I knew" Joon spoke and started laughing

"Hey! Shut up!" Yoongi shouted punching Namjoon in the arm.

Namjoon parked his car at the entrance to the forest before climbing out with Yoongi following. Joon reached and took the flashlight out of his pocket, putting it on and shining it on the surrounding area. Yoongi started grumbling but followed after his slightly insane best friend.

Joon proceeded to walk deeper into the forest, coming to a hill he climbed up with Yoongi following but dropped the flashlight clumsily, it rolled the whole way down the hill with Namjoon in tow. Yoongi, unaware of what had happened continued walking forwards.

Namjoon had retrieved the flashlight, but when he shone it at the top of the hill, he couldn't see Yoongi. "Yoongi?" He called out but got no reply. He started to feel nervous but secretly hoped everything would be okay. He thought logically - what could possibly happen "YOOONGIII! DON'T PLAY GAMES!" Joon shouted, there was still no reply. "I BROKE ALL YOUR KUMAMON FIGURES" He shouted louder this time.

No reply. Okay something is seriously wrong, Namjoon began to worry about his best friend, he climbed to the top of the hill where he'd last seen Yoongi, quickly he shone the flashlight all around him moving forwards but there was no sign of Yoongi anywhere.

A loud piercing scream rippled through the air past Namjoon.


Yoongi kicked desperately at the large beast hovering above him. The beast's teeth sunk into Yoongi's stomach, adrenaline tore through Yoongi's veins as he reached for anything he could grab and hit the Beast's head with the metal bar. The beast let out a screech and removed its teeth from Yoongi's stomach before scurrying off. Yoongi lay there, staring up at the night sky. That girl was right, I was destined to die tonight. Her words echoed through his mind.

"Blood. Only blood. The howl in the night's sky will turn you. And kill you" The purple-haired girl said, hands grabbing hold of Yoongi's wrists, she stared at him in a trance like state before snapping out of it and walking away. Like nothing had ever happened.

Yoongi clenched his cold hands together to suppress some of the pain coursing through his body. He gritted his teeth and tried to call out for Namjoon but his throat had closed up and he found himself slipping between a conscious state, his eyes blurred over and his body went limp. Then everything was black.