Chapter 12

The Turning

"What is a kitsune? I have never heard of one" Jungkook asked confused, he looked over at the two supernatural experts.

"A kitsune, it a Japanese creature or the Japanese created it, the world kitsune means a mythical fox. Kitsunes are intelligent creatures with magical abilities which different depending on what they are linked with, there are two types of kitsunes some are depicted as tricksters due to their abilities or they can be seen as guardians or friends, it kind of depends on the context of the situation the kitsune are in. With age a kitsune develops more tails which represent how wise they are and powerful, most kitunes have been seen with up to nine tails but there have been rare cases when they have had more, the different types of kitsunes are tengoku which means celestial, kukan which means void or dark, kaze which is wind, seishin which means spirit, kasai which means fire, chikyu which is earth, kawa which is river, umi is ocean, yama is mountain, mori is forest, sanda is thunder, jikan is time and ongaku is music or sound, by the looks of this we could be dealing with a fire or a thunder kitsune" Namjoon explained.

"Lets hope we do not run into this kitsune, it doesn't should like we should be getting on the wrong side of them so it would probably be best if we did not interact with them at all" Jimin suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea" Raven replied.

"You might wish for that but it does not mean you will get that, this kitsune is out of control with their powers it is more likely with you all being supernatural creatures that the kitsune will be drawn to you and you to them, listen, this kitsune I guess is about our age meaning they will only be coming into their powers, normally a kitsune does not learn about who it is until they come of age, the best would be able to locate this kitsune before they can do any real damage as a vulnerable kitsune is a dangerous one" Lexi stated.

"How about we head back to Yoongi's or Namjoon's house and come up with a plan to find this kitsune then we can help them with controlling their powers to stop them causing anymore damage, this will also allow us to do more research on them" Jungkook said.

"That sounds like a good idea, you are welcome to mine, my parents would be a work til late and since I am the resident druid I do have a lot more information about kitsunes" Namjoon spoke.

"I have been to your house many times, I have never seen any strange supernatural books when I was there" Yoongi said looking over to his friend for an explanation.

"Obviously he removed all the books before you arrived to ensure that you would never discover them" Lexi muttered irritated before adding "we better leave, there is still a risk of the kitsune being here plus the last thing we need is teachers or the police discovering that we were sneaking around the uni without permission which might lead us to getting the blame".


The group left the university the same way they came in, the police were still patrolling the area and asking the principal questions.

"How about we order some pizza by the time we get to Namjoon's and start researching the information about kitsunes it would be around lunch unless you want to order something else, I am not sure what food you like" Jimin suggested.

"Pizza sounds great, then we can research kitsunes, is there anything that we should look for specifically as you and Namjoon seem to be the kitsune experts" Jungkook asked.

"There is probably not much more information you can research which the druid boy did not already tell you however you might want to focus you attention on their abilities, how they are used and how they are controlled, it seems that this kitsune might not be receiving any support from their family which normally a kitsune would receive which would prevent them from losing control and going berserk like they did in there, I guess unless they were put through the foster system when they were younger they do not have any family" Lexi said.

"What do you think Joon?" Yoongi asked but received no reply, Yoongi looked to the side of him where Namjoon normally was but his long-term best friend did not occupy the space. Yoongi turned around to face the school, there stood Namjoon, frozen to the spot staring in a random direction. Yoongi shared a confused look with the others before walking back over to the teen.

"Namjoon" Yoongi said but Namjoon did not snap out of his unresponsive hypnotic state.

"What is he looking at?" Jimin questioned as he attempted to follow the older boys gaze.

"A boy" Lexi spoke from behind them.

"What boy?" Yoongi questioned looking around the school grounds looking for the boy who had caught Namjoon's attention, his eyes instantly was drawn to a handsome man, he had a caramel complexion and dark brown hair, the boy seemed to be talking to the principal, occasionally his eyes would trial over to Namjoon before blushing then turning to face the principal once more.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at his best friend's behaviour before grabbing Namjoon's arm and gently pulled him in the direction of the exit. Namjoon's eyes were still trained on the handsome man, which meant he was not looking where he was going; he tripped over thin air and landed face first on the ground.

"Are you alright?" an unfamiliar voice said Namjoon looked up from the floor to see the handsome man standing beside him; a worry look was present on his face.

"Have I gone to heaven?" Namjoon asked as he looked up at the handsome man, his heart was pounding in his chest.

"No but you will be" Lexi said raising a book in her left hand; her face was void of any emotion. The handsome man looked at the pair then laughed; Namjoon swore he died right there.