Chapter 13

The Turning

"I'm Seokjin" the man said, his eyes were trained on Namjoon. 

"I'm Namjoon, this is Yoongi, Jungkook, Jimin, Raven and Lexi" Namjoon introduced everyone though his eyes never left the handsome man in front of him. 

" already the is killing me" Namjoon heard Lexi muttered underneath her breath, there was a couple of snickers coming from Yoongi and Jungkook as Namjoon blushed slightly. 

"It's nice to meet you all, I hope we can all become friends when the school is re-opened, today was meant to be my first day but with it being closed due to this attack, I am not really sure what has happened to be honest" Seokjin said gently. 

"Something has attacked the school, I doubt it is anything you should be worrying about. We would love to become friends with you" Namjoon answered smiling at the other boy, the 'hopefully something more' was left unsaid but the others could tell that it was implied. 

The others watched as the two boys stared at each other, eyes completely locked. They stood slightly awkwardly not wanting to come between whatever this was until Yoongi spoke up. 

"Well... uh, we need to get going now... to uh" Yoongi stammered, Namjoon looked back at him with wide eyes signalling that he wasn't finished talking to Seokjin but Yoongi could tell by the looks on the others faces that they wanted to leave. 

"Uh...." Yoongi continued to rack his thoughts while Namjoon stared at him, pleading with his eyes. "Uh..... we need to go to Joon's, to bury his hamster...." 

The others' heads turned to Yoongi abruptly at this.

"Yep" Yoongi finished.

"I don't have a ha-" Namjoon was cut off as Yoongi dragged him by his arm around the corner of the building.

"I think I am in love" Namjoon muttered looking back to face Seokjin who was staring at them in surprise. 

"We couldn't tell by the fact you were basically undressing him with your eyes" Lexi stated as she walked off.

"Hey Lexi, where are you going?" Jimin asked. 

"Just because I explained some about the kitsune does not mean that I am suddenly apart of this strange pack of yours" Lexi answered before disappearing into the trees. 

"Right, are we going to yours or what Namjoon?" Jungkook asked impatiently as Yoongi was still trying to snap Namjoon out of his love trance. 

"Yeah sure, you've got your car right Yoongi?" Namjoon replied his eyes were still focused on Seokjin who now had his back to them. 

"Yeah, its in the parking lot" Yoongi muttered dragging Namjoon in the direction of his car wanting to get as far away from Seokjin so they would be able to get the hard-working and intelligent Namjoon back who had more idea about supernatural creatures than the others did. 


Yoongi climbed into the driver's seat whilst the others climbed into the passengers or the back seats. 

"How many books do you have about Supernatural creatures Namjoon?" Jimin asked curiously, wondering how much reading they have all end up doing.

"Uh, you'll have to see" Namjoon just laughed, he couldn't wait to see Yoongi's confused face when he revealed all the things he had previously kept hidden. 

"Shall I order the pizza now, so it'll arrive soon after we get there?" he asked the others, they nodded their heads in agreement.

"Yeah" Yoongi agreed as he started driving. Namjoon got out his phone, ordering 3 pizzas as he wasn't sure how hungry everyone was.


When they arrived at Namjoon's, they all stared in awe at the sight of the house, it is set over three floors with an excess of 12,000 sq ft. The grand entrance hall leads to the first reception room, dining area and fully fitted luxury kitchen with French doors giving direct access to the most stunning, flat, landscaped and meticulously maintained private south facing the rear garden. The lower ground floor has outstanding entertaining space with a state-of-the-art gymnasium, games room, wine cellar, large entertainment room and kitchenette. There is a lift which runs through all floors of the home as well access to an integral garage which includes a car lift. 

"Wow" everyone bar Namjoon and Yoongi muttered as they followed Joon inside, Yoongi could tell Raven was out of her comfort zone so he sent her a reassuring smile which she returned. Leading everyone into the living room, Namjoon informed them he would be back as he exited the room to collect a key before returning. 

Everyone watched with curiosity as Namjoon walked towards the large bookcase on the other side of the large living room, he then slid the bookcase to the side which revealed a large wooden door that Namjoon opened with the key. 

"So that's why I've never seen any of this stuff" Yoongi commented, his jaw hung open at the sight of a secret room.

"Well we do have items and things around the house as well but I moved those when you come over, my dad is very secretive about these things" Namjoon explained.

"Wow" Jimin's eyes lighted up in excitement as he scanned the room: Angel and Demon tablets, rings of the horsemen, book of shadows and spells, the spear of destiny, the cursed hope diamond, book of Thoth and countless other items Jimin couldn't name.

"Your father has some very valuable items" Jungkook stated to Namjoon, studying a demon-killing knife. 

"You have a Scythe!" Yoongi exclaimed looking at the object in awe.

"Yes, we have many precious things" Namjoon laughed at everyone's amazement, he'd never gotten to show the room to anyone before so he was buzzing with anticipation. 

"What's this?" Jimin asked pointing at a couple of viles on one of the old oak tables.

"That's mermaid tears" he pointed to the green liquid, "Ectoplasm" the brown liquid, "and Hydra's blood - which is poisonous so they please don't touch any of these" 

"Are those dragon scales?" Jungkook asked, getting a nod from Namjoon just as the doorbell sounded.

"I'll get the pizza" Namjoon excused himself.

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you" Raven said, clutching Yoongi's wrist to stop him, "It's wolfsbane" 

"What's that?" Yoongi asked still clueless

"Poisonous for us" Jungkook answered, prompting Yoongi to move away from it completely as Namjoon re-entered the room. 

"I've set the pizzas down in the living room, we'll eat in there and I'll grab some books from here that will tell us some more about Kitsune's" he said walking over to a large bookcase filled with old books and started grabbing a few. 

"Namjoon, how much do you want for the pizza?" Jungkook asked.

"Uh, £5 each?" he suggested, he'd ordered sides as well and bottles of coca cola so the meal came to around £25. Jungkook handed over the money for his and Jimin's part, he refused to let his omega pay for himself, Jungkook was going to spoil Jimin not matter what even if the older boy did not like it. Yoongi got his wallet from his pocket. 

"I-I don't have any money" Raven said nervously, she tilted her head down feeling that she was letting them down. 

Namjoon looked up from placing the plates down, about to tell Raven that it was fine when Yoongi handed him a £10 note, "You don't owe me back" he said to her, taking a slice of pizza. She smiled at him, "Thanks".

Everyone tucked into the food, there was no conversation topic but the atmosphere was calm and peaceful one as everyone ate. When the food was finished, Yoongi collected the rubbish to throw away when Namjoon began flicking through some books, passing them out to each person. 

"Okay, going on what I know about kitsunes so far, I'd say the one we're looking for is a thunder or fire kitsune, based on the scorch marks but we can't rule out any others either. So anything you can find about that is definitely important" Namjoon stated. The room soon became quiet as everyone was reading. 


The group was immersed in their research that no one noticed the figure standing at the window with a crooked smirk on their face, in their left hand was a knife which was covered in fresh blood. 

"I will come for you soon Kim Namjoon" the figure muttered before disappearing without a trace.