A Day Of Surprises

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVMp3Jtcik

For the next 3 months you were training really hard with your mentors as you had the first spy exam coming up at the end of your summer break. Since you had no school, you were able to concentrate well on your training and you worked really hard day and night to improve yourself. After going through the vigorous training for a period of time it was finally time to take the anticipated and nerve-wrecking test.

 "You're going to ace it kiddo. Just remain calm and remember what we taught you." Yunho gave you a reassuring smile and comfortingly placed his hands on your shoulders to calm your nerves.

"Thanks. I'll try my best." you managed to mutter with a shivering voice.

"Chae Eun, you're up." the exam coordinator finally called your name for the moment you've been dreading and waiting for at the same time.

“Make sure you ace the test and don’t embarrass me or you’ll be sorry!!” Changmin jokingly said with a grin and gave you thumbs up before you disappeared into the examination room.

After waiting for what seemed to be like centuries, Changmin gave YunHo a nervous look and was about to express his concern when he saw you walk out of the examination hall with a grave expression.

“How was it??” Changmin asked anxiously with a nervous expression, his usual cheekiness gone for once.

Without replying him, you slowly shook your head and gave him a grave expression. “I’m really sorry…”

“It’s ok kiddo, you can always do better in the next test. I’m sure you did your best.” YunHo gently placed his hand on top of your head comfortingly to assure you that it was ok to fail.

“Yea, I’m sure they made the test really hard on purpose this time. You’re gonna pass the next round!!” Changmin looked at you with an earnest expression and gave you a big, bear hug to comfort you.

“I’m sorry because… because you will have to take me with you on your next mission!!!!” you started to giggle and clapped your hands excitedly as you blurted out the truth after being satisfied with the reactions that your mentors gave you.

“Say what???!! OMG I knew you would be able to do it!!!” Overwhelmed, Changmin grabbed hold of your shoulders and started to jump up and down enthusiastically when he suddenly stopped halfway and gave you a glare with his piercing eyes.

“Wait, did you just played a trick on me??!! Yah Park Chae Eun, how dare you do that to your mentor!!!”

“Merong!! You should have seen your worried and helpless expression just now. It was priceless!!!!” you stuck out your tongue at him childishly and gave him a piece sign of victory.

“You’re so gonna pay for this!!” Changmin pulled his sleeves up and started walking towards you while cracking his knuckles.

“Ok kids, cut it out.” Yunho, the sensible one as usual, stood in between the 2 of you and stretched his arms out to block the both of you from getting into a war. “This calls for some celebration!!!! Let’s give her the surprise gift we prepared for her.” YunHo gave Changmin a mischievous wink which he returned with a grin as big as the Chesire cat.

“Oh boy, not another surprise.” You slapped your forehead helplessly as their surprise had mostly been disasters so far.

“Can I take a look at myself now??” you asked for the 20th time that day.

After following your mentors out, they brought you to a luxurious looking shop that looked like those high-end fashion stores you see in Italy. Once you arrived there, without warning, a group of people came out and started bringing you into this area in the store that looked like a beauty parlor. For hours, they did your hair, pluck your eyebrows, did your make up and also your nails but you couldn’t see how you look like because all the mirrors in the shop was covered as your mentors said they wanted to surprise you. After the make over, you were instructed to try on many different clothes and shoes and after your 10th outfit; you were finally brought into the waiting lounge where your mentors were sitting on the couch, drinking a cup of Americano.

At the sight of you, Changmin stood up in an instance with his jaw dropped, gazing at you with an awestruck expression, making you feel embarrass immediately.

“Do…do I look that bad??” you asked them in a shy manner.

“Bad???!!! Look at the mirror and then decide for yourself.” Changmin turned you around and stood you in front of the biggest mirror that was in the shop.

“You ready?? Here you go!!” YunHo took down the big sheet of cloth that was placed over the mirror and at the sight of yourself, you gasped in shock, not believing that you were actually staring back at your own reflection.

Your usual hair that was always tied back in those dull and boring plaits was now soft and wavy, the length falling nicely on your chest. Besides that, your thick-rimmed glasses that always covered your big, beautiful eyes was now replaced by contact lens and your pretty eyes was accentuated with makeup, making it even more attractive than it already was. Last but not least, you were dressed in a beautiful knee length beige chiffon mini dress that showed of your long and slim legs and the effect being added even more with the 2 inch silver peep toe heels that you were wearing.

“I’m not dreaming right?? This is really me??” you turned to both your mentors and asked them with sparkling eyes.

They shook their head in unison and smiled at you.  “ And guess what??!!” Changmin added, “ we talked to your dentist and he said you could take off your braces by this week. Isn’t that great??!!”

“Really??!! Gosh, thank you so much oppas!! You’ve done too much for me already.”

“You deserve this. But remember, you have to keep your identity a secret so when you look like this, no one should know that you are the nerdy Park Chae Eun. Is that clear??” YunHo gently warned you so that you will not expose your identity and put yourself in danger.

“Yes Sir!!” giggling, you and both your mentors left the shop and moved on to the next celebration place, the luxurious club Eden that was located in Gangnam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcmgcBQ7KpQ

Upon arriving there, you entered the club with both your mentors to be greeted by loud music and crowds of people drinking and dancing.  When you were walking through the crowd, you noticed people were looking in your direction and you heard people whispering, “gosh look at the 2 handsome guys escorting that girl, she’s so lucky.” “Gosh, look at how hot she is, those 2 guys are damn lucky!!”

“They are talking about how lucky you are.” Changmin teasingly whispered in your ear when you turned back and gave him a satisfied grin. “ I think I heard people saying how lucky you are to be in the presence of such a pretty girl too.”

“Fine, fine whatever. Let’s just catch up with YunHo hyung before he starts nagging us.”

Following both your mentors, they seated you in an empty section before asking you to wait for them while they got drinks and snacks. You were looking curiously at the people dancing in the middle of the dance floor as it was your first time in a club when a figure suddenly sat down beside you. Thinking it was your mentors back with the drinks already, you turned to face the person but to your surprise it wasn’t your mentor but some one else you actually recognize and know.

“Hey babe, want to dance??!! A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be sitting here alone.” The cheesy line came out from the mouth of the cheesy guy, making you cringe almost immediately.

“Thanks but no thanks. I’m actually here with my friends so if you could just kindly look for somebody else…”

Before you could finish your sentence, the guy who was a little drunk grabbed your hands and tried to pull you up from your seat.

“Trying to play hard to get huh?? I like that though. Come on, don’t reject such a handsome guy like me. I promise, you will have lots of fun.”

“Ouch, you’re hurting me. Let me go!!” you tried to release yourself from his grip but it was even more firm than before as he tried to force you out of your seat.

“Don’t make me harm you!!” he added aggressively when some one grabbed hold of his shirt and pulled him away from you.

“You heard the lady, she said let her go!!” you looked up in surprise at the sound of that familiar voice and to your surprise; it was ChunJi and the rest of the Teen Top members.

“Stop giving such a bad reputation to the guys in our school with your bad conduct Jiho.” C.A.P said with a smirk on his face.

“Trying to act like heroes in front of the ladies again??” JiHo released himself from ChunJi’s grasp, straighten his shirt and without warning, he tried to attack ChunJi with a sudden punch but to no avail as ChunJi’s quick reflexes managed to block his punch and in return, he twisted JiHo’s arm to the back, making JiHo wince in pain.

“Stop, stop… I’ll leave her alone!! Just release my arm before it breaks.” JiHo turned from a cocky brat to a helpless puppy within seconds.

“Leave now!!” L.Joe stepped in and pointed towards the exit. JiHo, knowing that he was outnumbered scurried towards the exit without another word.

“Are you alright??” C.A.P asked gently with his deep voice.

“Y..Yes. Thanks for helping me.” You shyly said in a small voice.

“Don’t thank me. Thank this guy here.” C.A.P smiled and nodded towards where ChunJi was standing.

“Thank you so much.” You looked at ChunJi and tried your best to remain as calm as possible.

“No problem. Be more careful next time.”

“Come on guys, let’s go grab a drink.” L.Joe chimed in and the Teen Top members started walking towards the bar, leaving you shock with the fact that they didn’t seem to recognize you. Having been shaken by the event just now, you totally forgot that you actually looked really different than your usual self and as they were about to leave you, you absentmindedly blurted out, “don’t you guys recognize me??” The moment you said that, you suddenly realized the mistake you just made and was in a panic when Ricky, the maknae in Teen Top spoke up.

“I would definitely remember such a pretty girl like you but I’m sure we’ve never crossed path before but I certainly don’t blame you if you think we are familiar looking because good looking guys like us are definitely unforgettable…” he blabbered on and on when ChangJo suddenly put one of his hand over Ricky’s mouth to shut him up while shooting you and apologetic look.

“Are we supposed to know who you are?? Come to think of it, you do look a little familiar.” Niel spoke up for the first time and gave you a questioning look.

“Er.. no… no, come to think of it, I’m sure we’ve never met before. Sorry for the mix up.” You tried your best to cover up, hoping that they will just leave before you accidentally expose yourself and get fired the day you earned your spy badge.

“Well I guess we’ve never met each other before then. Oh well then, till we meet again.” The Teen Top members gave you a wave and left just as your mentors were coming back with drinks and snacks.

“Hiya, sorry to keep you waiting. We met an old friend who was really long winded. We heard some people got into a fight, what happened??” Changmin asked you curiously as they had both missed the commotion that happened moments earlier.

“That jerk!!! Wait till I get my hands on him!!” Changmin blurted out in anger when you told him what had happened earlier on.

“How dare he try to hit on you now when he always made fun of you in school. Some guys are so shallow. I’m going to hunt him down!!” Changmin slammed his fist on the table, causing the glass of beer to spill a little.

“Calm down buddy. At least there were some good guys helping her. I’m sorry we weren’t here for you earlier on.” YunHo gave you an apologetic look and you immediately reassured him that you were fine.

“Anyway, I think we should get out of here. It’s not that much fun anyway. Shall we go for some ddeokbeoki and odeng instead??” YunHo got up from his seat and looked at both you and Changmin for agreement.

“Yay!!” you and Changmin enthusiastically replied in unison. “I definitely like that better!!!” You stood up, linked arms with both your mentors and the 3 of you walked out of the club together for some delicious supper in the middle of the night.

Meanwhile, ChunJi who was drinking his glass of Cass Beer at the bar was deep in thought as he tried to figure out where he had seen those 2 tall guys that walked past him earlier on as he was heading towards the bar.

“I know I’ve seen them before but I can’t seem to remember where. Think ChunJi, think!!” No matter how hard he tried to screw his head to recall, he couldn’t seem to figure out where he had seen them before.

“Hyung, don’t just sit there. Dance battle starting soon!!” Ricky appeared beside him and started to hurry him towards the dance floor for the dance battle that was about to start soon, causing him to put the matter at rest for the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how "you" look like after the makeover!! =)                                                                       The dress!!


Club Eden!!!!