Handsome and the Nerd

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0lvb4xmfic

You were pedaling your pink bicycle with every inch of energy you had left in you the next morning. Your legs were aching, palms were sweating and you were breathing heavily but you never stopped for a moment because you were trying your best to reach school before the prefects closed the gates to avoid contaminating your clean record of 6 years. The bicycle screeched to a halt when you finally arrived at the bicycle parking provided by the school and with quick speed, you chained your bicycle and ran to school as fast you could, just in time to squeeze through the small gap left by the closing gates.

“Park Chae Eun!! You’re late for the first time!!” One of the prefects asked with a look of surprise.

 “You meant almost late!! Thanks for not putting my name down.” You gave them a slight wave and hurried into the school building. You ran up 2 flights of stairs and dashed into your classroom, hoping that your teacher was not there yet. When you saw that the girls were still chattering loudly in their seats and the guys were still playing with their air basketball, you sunk into your seat, heaved a sigh of relief and caught your breath for the first time that day.

“Unbelievable!! Miss early bird comes to school at this time?? And why do you look like you just ran a marathon??” NaYoung asked as she approached you and sat on your table while fanning you with a book to cool you down.

“I was so tired yesterday that I didn’t hear my alarm ring this morning.” You answered as you started to re-braid your plaits that were sticking out all over the place.

“Do you want me to help you out today?? It must be so tough for you to take care of…” NaYoung asked with concern eyes when the irritating, sharp, cocky voice of your stepsister interrupted her.

“So… how does it feel to clean the poop of your grand-aunt?? Ewwww.. I probably shouldn’t stand that close to you, you may be covered in poop.” She gave a disgusted look and pretended to back away in fright.

“Hey you jerkface, I just touched her so I probably have poop on my hands too. Want a taste of it??” NaYoung jumped up from the table in anger and started to walk towards MinJoo with her hands stretched out.

“Yah!! Get away from me tomboy.” MinJoo shrieked and pushed her friends to the front as she hid behind them.

“NaYoung, stop it. Just ignore her.” You advised your best friend, as you didn’t want any trouble from your stepsister or her friends anymore.

“Both of you are such freaks!!! FYI, the house is so much better now that you’re gone. I must really thank dad for instructing you to stay with your grand aunt so that you can take care of her. Dad must really love me so much.” MinJoo gained her bravado back and started taunting you again the moment NaYoung stopped attacking her.

Ignoring your stepsister’s usual torment, you took out your books and pencil case and arranged them neatly on your table. “If only you knew what was really going on.” You thought to yourself in silence.

“Get into your seats everybody!! Do you think this is a playground??” Mr Kim, the strict homeroom teacher yelled as he stomped into the classroom with heavy footsteps.

“Listen up kids because I have a very important announcement to make.” The former soldier commander turned teacher’s loud voice boomed through the classroom as soon as the students were all settled down. “After you come back from your summer break that starts next week, there is a very important project that all of you need to take part in and you will all be doing it in pairs. Each pair will be given a pet to take care of and you will need to make sure that the pet is still alive by the end of the year or you will fail your biology exam.”

“What’s the point of this project?” one student shouted from the back of the room.

“This project’s purpose is to see whether you can be mums and dads in the future or whether you should just remain as a monk and nun.” Mr Kim sarcastically shot back with a grin while the rest of the class erupted into laughter. “Anyway, since it always ends up in a mess if I let you all pick your own partners, I’ve decided to randomly pick your names out from these 2 jars. One jar is filled with boys name and the other with girls.”

“Noooo…” moans and grumbles of detest could be heard throughout the classroom as they didn’t like the idea of being paired up randomly.

“MinWoo and YeJin…. JaeHyeok and JiYeon…” Mr Kim started reading out the names, ignoring the complaints that were coming out from the students’ mouth.

“I hope I get ChunJi oppa so we can spend lots of time together raising our baby.” MinJoo squealed to her friends in delight.

“ChunJi…” Mr Kim finally announced the name that every girl was waiting for. “MinJoo, MinJoo…” MinJoo chanted her own name softly under her breath, hoping hard that her name would be called out.

“And ChaeEun.”

“What???!!!” you and MinJoo stood up and blurted out in horror at the same time.

“Teacher, you have to change my partner.” You pleaded the teacher earnestly, afraid that his fans would torment you again.

“You heard her teacher, she doesn’t want to be his partner. You have to change their partners!!!” MinJoo insisted with determination, being on the same page as you for once.

“Sorry can’t do. If I change ChaeEun’s partner other students would want to do the same. Like it or not, you’ll have to bear with it.” Mr Kim politely refused and continued on with the pairings.

“Oh boy, I am so dead.” You sighed and slowly sat back down in your chair, trying your best to avoid the angry glances that MinJoo was shooting at you.

After saying goodbye to NaYoung when school was over for the day, you headed towards your bicycle and started to unchain it when someone suddenly tapped your shoulders from behind.

“What is it NaYoung?? I’m in a hurry.” You responded without turning back, assuming that it was your best friend disturbing you.

“Are you still upset at me for rejecting you the other day?? I can ask teacher to change our partners if you feel uncomfortable about being paired up with me.” The cold, calm voice that came out from the guy you loved spoke out, leaving you with tingles all over your body.

You turned around to face him and gave an awkward laugh, trying your best to stop your face from blushing a deep red.

“Oh hey, it's you. Erm, don't misunderstand me. It wasn't cause you rejected me, it was because I was afraid that your fans would come and haunt me. But you know what, even without being your partner, I’ll probably still be taunted so I think we should just remain as partners. I don’t think Mr. Kim would give in that easily anyway.” you tried your best to sound natural but your heart was actually beating so fast, it could have dropped out any moment.

"Oh, is that it?? You're not mad at me anymore??" Chunji asked with a sligtly surprised look.

"To be honest, I was kind of sad when you first told me that. But, I'm totally over that right now. I've moved on so don't worry." you gave him a cheerful smile and acted like you didn't care about the incident anymore.

Before Chunji could give any further reply, your phone started beeping so you quickly took the opportunity to get away from him before you accidentally reveal your true emotions to him. “It was nice talking to you but I really got to go now. See you tomorrow partner.” You hopped onto your bicycle, gave him a slight wave and started cycling away from school as fast as your legs could take you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUo4s4rb2Mw&feature=related

“How was school??” YunHo asked you with genuine interest when you were having lunch with him and Changmin in their penthouse moments later.

“Nothing much aside from the fact that I got paired up with the school’s hottest guy for a project and I’ll probably be killed by all his girl fans.” You complained with a deep sigh as you chew on the last piece of delicious steak that Yunho had prepared.

“Oooo… you get to pair up with your boyfriend.” Changmin who was sitting beside you, teased you while ruffling your hair, messing up your plaits instantly.

“He is not my boyfriend. He doesn't even like me.” You gave him a glare and brushed his hand away from your head.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be teaching you how to kick some asses today so after you’re done learning, you won’t have to worry about his annoying fan girls anymore.” YunHo said as he got up from his chair and started cleaning up the table.

“But if I do that people will immediately know something is wrong with me. I'm the nerd who doesn't stand up for herself, remember??”

“Then I’ll go kick their asses for you so you can have some romantic alone time with your boyfriend.” Changmin grinned as he plopped a big piece of steak into his big mouth.

“Changmin oppa, I really hate you for teasing me all the time yet sometimes I can't help but like you!!!!” Feeling touched at his willingness to stand up for you, you stood up and gave him a big, bear hug.

“Yah, get off me!! I only allow hot girls to hug me.” Changmin pretended to look disgusted and tried to get you off him.

“Araseo, sorry I’m not hot enough. I’ll go hug Yunho oppa then.” You got up and headed towards the kitchen where YunHo was washing the plates.

“Don’t hug him.” Changmin lowered his voice into a whisper and gave a fake shudder. “He’s actually infected with some kind of skin disease.”

“Changminnie!! Talking bad about me again??!!” YunHo came out of the kitchen and gave Changmin a death stare.

“Hyung!!! Don’t call me that!! It’s embarrassing!!” Changmin pouted and threw a slight tantrum like a 5-year old kid.

“Serves you right. Come on ChaeEun, I’ll teach you some slick karate kicks and punches.” YunHo looped his arm around your shoulders and walked with you towards the door when Changmin quickly cut in and dragged you by the arm away from him.

“His move . I’ll teach you some slick taekwondo moves like the tornado kick and jump kick.”

“What did you say about my fighting skills??!!” Yunho glared at Changmin from the corner of his eyes and gave him a shove.

“I said it !!” Changmin returned his glare and shoved him back.

“Let’s have a match!!” YunHo suggested as he cracked his knuckles and rotated his neck.

“Deal!!!! Let’s do it now!!” Changmin agreed and they immediately walked out of the penthouse, completely forgetting about your training.

“What about my training??” you called after them but no one replied you as they were already gone.

“Man, when will they ever grow up??!!!” you slapped your forehead and shook your head before leaving the penthouse to look for your 2 immature mentors.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

\\