A Fateful Encounter

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr1NZ3ubSbs

"We're here! Keep your eyes open and remember to keep calm." Yunho said as the limousine came to a stop in front of a huge, beautiful mansion.

"Miss, watch your step." Changmin said politely as he opened the car door for you, fully immersed in his character as your bodyguard. "Remember to smile, Miss Akita." he added in a whisper as he and YunHo escorted you up a flight of marble steps that led towards the main entrance of the mansion.

"I'm here on behalf of my father and these two are my bodyguards," you said with a big, charming smile as you handed the invitation card to the bodyguard stationed at the main entrance who in return nodded and opened the doors for you to enter. "Welcome to the Kobayashi's residence, Miss Akita." he said with a polite bow.

"Try to mingle around with the guests and see if you can get any relevant informations. Keep a look out for our target too. He might be posing as a waiter or might just be one of the party guest. Me and Changmin will be in the waiting area where all the other bodyguards are. We'll be in constant communication through our devices so let's update each other on any new developments. Good luck and enjoy." YunHo said as he and Changmin disappeared down another corridor while you walked straight into the main hall where the main guests were all gathered.

Amazed at how lavishly they decorated the main hall with sculptures of swans carved out in ice with a full orchestra playing beautiful classical music in a corner of the huge hall, not to mention the scrumptious, expensive-looking buffet with the main highlight of rows and rows of intricate looking pastries and dessert; you couldn't help but admire the view in front of you in a daze when you accidentally walked straight into the back of a stranger who was standing near the buffet table.

"Choisong.." you started to apologize in a flustered manner in korean when you suddenly realized your fatal mistake. "Ah.. Sumimasen.." you quickly switched to Japanese, hoping that the stranger didn't catch what you said before.

"I'm fine. Did you hurt yourself though?" A male voice spoke in fluent Japanese as he turned around to face you.
 

"Not at all, thank you for asking. I'm glad you're al..." you suddenly paused in shock as you finally looked up at a familiar pretty face that carried no emotions at all as usual.

"You sure you're alright?" he asked with a concerned frown as your abrupt pause puzzled him.

"I'm good, just that erm.. I was surprised to erm.. erm.. see a Korean looking face in this engagement party!!" you finally managed an excuse as you tried your best to keep your composure. "Damn, you couldn't come up with a better excuse!!" you quietly scolded yourself in your head.

Instead of giving you a weird or suspicious look, he started to be more at ease and even gave you a slight smile. "Oh, you could tell that I was Korean? Are you into K-pop or something?" he asked with a slightly amused look.

"Oh right, Kpop!! Yea.. I totally love it!! Bingo!! Hehehe..you got me." you tried to put as much enthusiasm into the white lie you were telling in order to sound convincing. Well, you wouldn't really call it a lie if you consider the one or two older groups that you knew and listened to when you were younger.

"So, can you speak any Korean?? Come to think of it, I think I heard you apologizing in Korean at first." he continued questioning curiously.

"Oh that.." you scratched your head as you tried to think of another lame excuse to cover up for your stupidity and foolishness that could blow your cover. "Actually, I'm half-Korean and I stayed in Korea for a few years before so sometimes it just comes out of my mouth unconsciously." you said confidently, glad that your brain could come up with another brilliant lie.

"Really? Cool, let's speak in Korean from now then. My name is ChunJi. What's yours? he politely asked as he switched to his mother language comfortably.

"I'm Yuko Akita. Nice to meet you" you replied with a nervous smile. "Why did you come all the way here though Chunji-shi? You're a friend of the host?" you asked curiously, hoping he won't reply 'none of your business' in a cold manner.

"My dad's business partner's son. Apparently if your dad couldn't make it, the son is obliged to attend to ensure any smooth-going future business deals whether he likes it or not." he replied with a shrugged. "Same for you?" he continued asking with raised eyebrows.

"Same, except that mine's the girl's side. My dad's a retired government official and apparently the daughter is supposed to be present if he still wants his retirement fund in his bank account on time next month." you joked sarcastically with a grin.

"Nice one." ChunJi replied with a slight grin that you have never seen in ages, making you wonder why he puts on such an emotionless front back home.

"Glad I could entertain you with one of my jokes." you replied with a smile, feeling totally on cloud nine with the smoothly on-going conversations you were having with the guy of your dreams that you completely forgot about your mission when a sudden voice spoke right into your ears, bringing you right back into reality.

"Sorry to interrupt you and your boyfriend, but we got info that the exchange will happen in 5 minutes in a secret room in the west wing of the mansion. We have to get there now!" YunHo gave instructions through the mouthpiece hidden in his bow tie.

"Roger that!" you whispered back while turning to ChunJi with an expression of regret on your face. "I'm really sorry but I got to be excused for a moment, got to greet some relatives of mine. I'll be back real soon though, if you're still here."

"Hey.. erm.. do you mind..if" ChunJi asked with a slight pause as you saw his face flushed a little red.

"Not at all. What is it??" you replied as you waited for him to finish his favour.

"I hope I'm not being rude cause we just met and all but I was hoping you could give me your kakaotalk or something? I'm not a playboy or something just that I haven't been able to speak to any girl so comfortably in a while plus it helps that you're not one of those crazy, obsessive girls from my school or neighbourhood. Just wanted someone decent to talk to and be friends with. You fine with that?" he asked in a slightly embarassed but still managed to keep his cool kinda manner.

"Sure, why not?!" you replied with a slight smile, excited that he wanted to be your friend but at the same time feeling abit hurt, wondering if you were included in the group of crazy and obsessive girls he just mentioned.

"Great! I'll search for your id then." he said as he took out his smartphone from his pocket.

"My id is.." you started when your eyes suddenly darted to a waiter who walked up suspiciously to one of the guest, whispered something into his ear before leaving the main hall together, disappearing into a corrider to the left of the main hall. You managed to catch a glimpse of the waiter and you were certain that it was your main target. Knowing that if you didn't tail him now you would probably lose track of him, your gaze shifted back to ChunJi who was still holding up his phone, waiting for you to say something.

"I'm really sorry but there's someone really important that I need to see immediately," you said with an apologetic look. "I'll be back real soon, just stay here and don't go anywhere!" you quickly said as you walked away from ChunJi and disappeared into the same corridor as the two men did just moments ago.

"Suspect spotted, I'm tailing him right now." you reported to your mentors as you caught sight of the silhoutte of 2 men further up front.

"Roger that. We're making our way towards you right now." Yunho replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's too bad I got to leave now. Well, if we're fated we'll meet again, Yuko Akita shi." ChunJi muttered to himself as he made his way out of the mansion with a slight amused expression into a waiting private jet that was leaving for Korea immediately.