A Shattered Heart

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROhy3PUNEBI&feature=related

“Park ChaeEun!!! Do that disappearing act on me again and our friendship is over!!” NaYoung yelled at you the moment you arrived at your school. “Do you know how many times I called you??!!”

You gave her an apologetic look and took out a container from your backpack.

“I’m really sorry. That’s why I brought you this!!” you cheerfully said as you opened the container by a little and tempted her with the scent that was oozing out.

“My favorite brownies!!! Come to mama!!” NaYoung changed from an angry tigress into an excited 5-year old kid within seconds as she tried to grab the container from you.

With quick reflexes, you hid the container behind your back and blocked NaYoung with one hand.

“Not so fast!! Say you forgive me and these brownies are all yours.”

“Anything for my brownies. Fine, I forgive you. Now give them to me!!” she pleaded desperately while stretching her hands out impatiently.

“Power of my super brownies!!” you chuckled as you handed over the brownies to her.

“(On nom nom)…so...are you feeling…(nom nom)…better now??” NaYoung asked as she chewed her brownies happily.

You nodded in response. “Compared to a gun being pointed at my head, the humiliation was nothing.” You thought to yourself as you recalled the dangerous situation you were in yesterday.

“Well, well...look who we have here??!! If it isn’t my dearest sister.” A mean, icy voice spoke as a cocky looking girl stood in front of you and blocked your way.

“Just leave me alone MinJoo!! Haven’t you humiliated me enough already??!!” You stared at her with anger in your eyes.

“Now, now, now... Don’t get so worked up. I'm actually here to say I'm sorry. I kinda crossed the border yesterday." MinJoo apologized to you.

“Really?? You’re sorry??” you asked hesitantly, not believing what you just heard.

“Sure I’m sorry. I even brought you a present.” She stepped aside and before you even realized what was going on, you were already dripping wet as MinJoo’s friends splashed you with a bucket of water. They smirked in delight as they looked at your pathetic, wet figure.

 “Oops… come to think of it, maybe I don’t feel that sorry after all Ugly Betty!!!” MinJoo cockily raised one eyebrow at you and snickered.

You looked at your wet uniform in dismay and started shivering. Your teeth were chattering and you couldn't even open your mouth to defend yourself.

“Yah MinJoo!! You’re gonna pay for this!!” NaYoung yelled in anger and wanted to punch MinJoo on the face when a tall, slender figure suddenly stood in NaYoung’s way and grabbed MinJoo by the arm.

“ChunJi, help me!! That tomboy wants to punch me!!” MinJoo immediately put on an act and pretended to be frightened.

"But she...!!" NaYoung started to detest as she thought ChunJi was on MinJoo's side. To NaYoung's surprise, instead of defending her, ChunJi gave MinJoo a cold, hard look and questioned her in a harsh tone.

"Why did you and your friends do that to ChaeEun??"

"We were doing it for your sake. We felt like she was humiliating you by having feelings for you so we decided we just had to teach her a lesson.” MinJoo said in a flirtatious manner as she started battering her eyelashes at ChunJi.

“Whoever likes me is definitely none of your concern. You are not my girlfriend so you have no right at all to do this to her!!” ChunJi said in a dangerous and edgy tone.

“ChunJi-ya..??!! Why are you defending her?? Don’t tell me you like her too??” MinJoo stammered in shock at ChunJi's unexpected reaction.

“I don't like her but I hate it even more when you try to use me as an excuse to bully someone. Instead of helping me, you are actually making me look like a horrible person!! Do it again and I won’t let it go this easily.” He released her arm harshly and turned his attention to you. To you and everyone else’s surprise, he grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the corridor into the school’s garden.

“Babo!! Why do you just stand there and let people pick on you?? Is it that fun??!!” ChunJi scolded you as he let go of your hand.

“I…can’t… do... anything about it.” You weakly said with chattering teeth.

Realizing that you were cold, ChunJi immediately took off his blazer and put it around you.

“Go home before you catch a cold. I’ll inform our teacher that you are sick.” He said with a gentler tone this time.

He turned around and started making his way back into the school building when he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

“ChaeEun, let me just be truthful to you. There's no way I will ever end up falling in love with you so don’t get hurt because of me anymore. It’s not worth it. Just move on and I'm sure you'll find a better guy than me in the future.” ChunJi said with his back facing you.

You watched in pain and tears started dripping down your face as his silhouette slowly disappeared into the school building. Dripping wet with water and tears, you weakly dragged your feet out of the school gates. Being hurt and humiliated for the second time in 2 days, you were in another daze as you sadly stared at ChunJi’s blazer.

“Oooffff…” you accidentally knocked into someone.

“Sorry.” You apologized without looking up and continued to walk away when someone suddenly grabbed your arm from behind.

“Is it just a coincidence or is it your habit to walk without looking where you’re going??!!” a familiar male voice spoke.

You snapped out of your daze and raised your head in surprise to see the same angelic face that rescued you yesterday.

“And why are you crying??? Does seeing us makes you that sad??” another voice asked as the other oppa from yesterday suddenly appeared from behind.

“Annyeonghaseyo, it’s so nice to see you again. What are you guys doing here??” you asked with an attempted smile.

“We came to see you but you don’t look that happy though.” The younger one said with a pout.

“No, no… I'm more than happy to see the both of you again. It’s just that something happened in school just now but it’s no biggie. How did you know I come to school here anyway?”

“We have our ways of tracking down people we want to find.” The younger one said with a wink.

“Anyway, let’s get you into the car before you catch a cold out here. Hop on my lady.” The older one politely bowed as he opened the door to his sports car for you to get in.

“Where are we going??” you asked them in surprise.

With a mischievous glint in his eyes, he gave you a big smile, revealing his sparkling, white teeth.

“It’s a surprise!!”

 

Chunji’s POV

“I hope she doesn’t feel too hurt because of my rejection just now. I'm sorry, but I vowed never too fall in love with anyone after my mother passed away.” Chunji thought to himself as he watched your fragile figure walking out of the school gates.

“Huh?? Who are those two guys??” he thought in surprise when he suddenly saw you getting into a sports car belonging to 2 tall, handsome guys.

“Yah ChunJi!! I forgot to tell you that you were so cool just now, standing up to those annoying, fake girls. Hello?? Earth to Chunji!!” L.Joe tapped Chunji on the shoulders when he didn’t seem to respond.

“Huh??!! Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize you were here.”

“What were you looking so intently at??” L.Joe curiously followed ChunJi’s gaze and saw a sports car driving off.

“Nothing. I was just admiring that beautiful sports car over there. Anyway...” Chunji placed his arm around L.Joe’s shoulder and dragged him into school.

“Come on bestie, let’s not be late for class!!”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong to all my readers. Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you guys again for reading and subbing to my story!!! Will try my best to continue writing a good story for you to enjoy!! =)

 

Anyways some brownies for you to look at since it was mentioned in this chapter. ^^ (Anybody hungry??)

ChunJi and L.Joe!! =)

Changmin pouting and YunHo being mischievious. xP

Last but not least, the sports car that they are driving in the story. It's a 2011 Porsche Boxster. (In case you were wondering.)