Boosting Confidence with Books and Heels

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuEe5I6GgGE&feature=related

“Brrrnnnggggg….Brrnnnggggg….” The cordless phone in your room started ringing over and over again, arousing you from your deep slumber. Without opening your eyes, you stretched out your hands and started touching for the touch screen telephone that was placed on the nightstand.

“Hello??” you said with a blur voice as you finally managed to get hold of the phone.

 “Time to wake up, lazy bum!!!” a cheerful voice rang through the phone.

“There’s no school today.” You mumbled drowsily in a half-asleep state.

“Be down in the briefing room by 8 or I will double your training this week!!” The phone clicked as the caller completed his sentence, indicating that the conversation was over.

“OMG, it’s 15 minutes to 8!! I’m so dead!!” you were fully awakened by now and jumped out of your bed in a panic when you realized that you were late for your training. After washing your face, brushing your teeth and changing in super quick speed, you made it to the briefing room by just a little over 8.

“It is only 8:05, don’t double my training. I promise you this will be the last time.” you rubbed your palms together repeatedly and pleaded Yunho and Changmin the moment you stepped into the briefing room.

“Ok, we’ll let you go this once just cause you took the trouble to entertain us with your clown act.” Changmin giggled at you while YunHo couldn’t stop himself from smiling.

“Huh??” you looked at them quizzically, not being able to catch the inside joke.

Changmin pointed at you with his index finger and asked you to look at yourself.

“OMG!!! I’ll be right back.” With a blushing face, you rushed out of the briefing room and went to the toilet to change when you realized you had wore your shirt inside out because you were in such a hurry this morning.

“So… hehe… what is our first lesson for today??” you scratched your head and asked in an awkward tone, trying your best to conceal the embarrassment that you were feeling.

“Well, we could probably start off by teaching you how to wear your shirt properly.” Changmin erupted into laughter again as he started to tease you.

“Yah, cut it out. Don’t embarrass her anymore.” YunHo nudged Changmin by the sides and signaled him to stop laughing and be serious. “Don’t pay any attention to this laughing idiot. About your training, we’ve decided to first start off with your confidence. To be a spy, you will always need to be confident about yourself at all times and that’s one thing you definitely lack.”

You slumped your shoulders and gave them an insecure look. “It’s kinda obvious where that low self-esteem comes from. Anyway, how are you going to train my confidence??”

“Nyehehehehehehe…” An evil smirk appeared on both YunHo and Changmin’s face as they turned their heads to face one another and gave each other a knowing look.

“Arkkkk..” you yelled in frustration as the pile of heavy books came tumbling down from your head for the 10th time moments later. “Do I really have to do this? It's impossible!!” you asked them with an exasperated expression.

Yunho and Changmin who were both watching you while leaning against a table with both their arms and legs crossed, gave you a nod and Changmin spoke up in response to your question.

“This is the best way to correct your super uber bad posture. If you can balance those books on your head properly, I guarantee, you will be walking like a supermodel soon. Now, carry on with your practice.”

“Darn….” You sighed helplessly as you bend down and started picking up the books reluctantly and slowly from the floor. You then piled the books on your head one by one and tried your best to balance them as you cautiously walked step by step from one end of the room to another. After tripping, falling and picking up books for probably the 50th time that day, you finally managed to get the hang of it and you excitedly called Yunho and Changmin who were both busy playing Guitar Hero on the wii.

“Yunho Oppa!! Changmin Oppa!! Look at me!!” you beamed at them in delight as you started to demonstrate your ability to balance the books on your head perfectly.

“Good job.” Yunho and Changmin both gave you a slow clap as Changmin started to walk towards you with something held behind his back while YunHo reverted his attention back to his on going game.

“What’s that behind your back??” you eyed him suspiciously with squinted eyes, knowing that something bad was going to happen.

“Well, just a little something-something to help you with your training. Ta-dah.” Changmin removed his hands from behind his back, revealing a pair of pumps with 5-inch stiletto heels held in his hands.

“Oh no, no, no… I am so not doing this.” You held your hands out in defense and started to back away from Changmin and the scary heels.

Don’t worry, it’s really easy. All you have to do is keep your legs straight and close together and also stand up straight. If you do that, you definitely won't fall. ” Changmin replied with a mischievous grin as he started to walk closer and closer to you while stretching out his hands and waving the pumps in front of your face.

“Get that horrible monster away from me!!!” you demanded in horror as you tried to escape by sneaking towards the door when Changmin took out a small remote from his pocket and pressed on it. The doors suddenly disappeared and transformed into a piece of wall, leaving you with no way of escape.

“Uhoh, this can’t be good.” You gasp in defeat as you realized that you were being held prisoner in the room.

“Start practicing!!” Changmin grabbed hold of your shoulders and with slight force, made you sit on the floor while he tried to help you put on the pair of killer heels.

“Somebody HELP ME!!!!” was the last thing that came out of your mouth as you tried to struggle out of this nightmare but to no avail.

“Arghhhhhh…” you groaned in pain as you were lying on your bed, massaging your sore muscles with Aspercreme later that night. “They really are devils in disguise, and to think that I thought they were handsome and kind in the first place.” You grumbled to yourself as you thought of the horrendous training you went through earlier on. You had slip and fell many times before being able to balance yourself in those heels but till now you were still walking like a duck. Feet pointed out and an awkward posture, you were a total klutz and looked like a guy trying to walk in high heels.

“And oh gosh, look at this pile of books!!! They must think I am Einstein or something!! How am I supposed to ever master all these things???!!!” you moaned in frustration as you leafed through the carelessly scattered pile of books that YunHo and Changmin had passed to you and asked you to study by yourself everyday. They were books on all the different kinds of languages such as Japanese, French, Italian... codes and ciphers such as sign language, morse code, alphabet cipher and math cipher that were crucially needed in spy missions. “Ah… I’m too tired to take in anything now. My whole body hurts and I’m covered in bruises, I’ll start reading tomorrow.” You yawned in exhaustion as you pushed the books to one side of the bed before diving under the duvet, falling asleep almost immediately.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Touch screen cordless phone

Guitar Hero                                                                   Black pumps with stiletto heels

Jefferson Cipher Code