Two Angels

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw6OAsl96h4

“I can’t do this!!! I can’t kill him!!” you nervously said to both your mentors through the small microphone that was pinned on your shirt with a wobbly voice as sweat was dripping down your forehead. Your hand was on the trigger of the laser gun you were holding and the gun was aimed at the target that was trapped in a small, dark alley by you.

“Stop moving your hands or I’ll shoot!!!” you said to the target in a panic as he started to move his hands slowly and sneakily towards the pockets of his pants when he saw how hesitant you were to shoot him.

“Oh we both know you wouldn’t have the courage to pull the trigger. You’re just a little, cowardly girl. If you have the courage, go ahead and shoot me.” The target flashed you an evil and villainous grin as he stuck his hand into one of his pocket and attempted to pull something out of it.

“Put whatever you are taking back into your pocket and take your hands out slowly!!!!” you tried to remain as calm as you could but your whole body was shaking with fear as the target took his hands out from his pocket.

“As you wish.” With the cocky smile still hanging on his face, the target took his hands out of his pocket and to your horror, there was a small remote held in his hands and at a glance, you knew what was it he held in his hands. “You shouldn’t have hesitated little spy because with a click of this button, we will both explode and die together!!!! Muahahahahahahahaha!!!!!”

“Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!” was the last scream that came out of your mouth as the target clicked on the trigger to the bomb and you started to feel a massive heat and see fire everywhere around you. Suddenly, everything became a blur as the surroundings around you started to disappear one by one and before you knew it, you were back in an empty room filled with glass walls and Yunho and Changmin were already beside you, giving you a hand up from the floor.

“Are you okay??” YunHo asked with a frown as his face was filled with concern for you.

“Yea don’t worry about it. It was my fault actually. I should have pulled the trigger when I had the chance to. I’m just not suited to be a spy.” Your face was downcast as you realized that you were mentally too weak to kill anyone.

“You’re lucky it was just a simulation or we would have to visit your grave with flowers each year and you wouldn’t want your Changmin oppa to waste his money on that would you??” Changmin tried to ease the tension and disappointment in you by cracking a joke but to no avail.

“Cheer up ChaeEun!!! It’s really no big deal. You were actually doing really well when you defeated all the other targets with your biting and kicking and yelling. Everyone freak’s out when they have to kill someone with the gun for the first time. Changmin here took 5 months to even just have the courage to pick up a gun.” Yunho patted your head comfortingly while Changmin protested with his last statement by throwing a 5-year-old tantrum.

“Yah hyung, why do you always have to pick on me??!!! You’re the one who didn’t have the courage to hold the gun not me!!!”

“Look at how manly I am, I was never afraid!!! You’re the chicken!!” YunHo who was usually sensible retaliated in a childish manner and stuck his tongue out at Changmin.

“If I’m a chicken then you’re a cow!! You know like the cartoon cow and chicken!!! Hahahaha that’s so funny, cow and chicken!! I’m such a brilliant joker.” Changmin started to laugh by himself at his own lame joke when you started to drag your feet towards the door in low spirits.

“Idiot, stop laughing!! Your lame jokes and our entertaining squabbles do not have any effect on her this time.” Yunho pushed Changmin on the head and nodded towards your dispirited figure.

Yunho and Changmin caught up with you and Yunho grabbed one of your arm and gently pulled you towards him so that you were facing both of them.

“Hey, why don’t we take the rest of the day off and go out for some fun??” Yunho suggested with twinkling eyes and a kind smile that showed of his sparkling white teeth.

“Won’t the director be mad if he knew we skipped lessons??”

“How is he going to find out?? Do you know anything about this hyung??” Changmin gave his usual cheeky grin and pretended to stare at the ceiling with an innocent look.

“No I don’t know anything at all. So, what would you like to do?? Shopping?? What about going for some expensive cuisine??” YunHo suggested a list of things but you shook your head at everything he mentioned.

“I think I know just the place I want to go.” You brightened up immediately at the thought of your favorite place ever since you were little and started to drag Yunho and Changmin out of the door with force.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Let me get down!!!!” Changmin squealed in fear as the roller coaster started to increase speed and turned upside down without warning when it reached the big loop. The roller coaster was over in a minute and as soon as Changmin got down from the roller coaster, he dizzily walked towards a bench, sat down and rested his head against the pole that was beside it.

“Changmin oppa are you ok??? You look really pale!!” you sat down beside him and patted him gently on the back while offering him some water.

“Serves you right for trying to act like a hero in front of ChaeEun. You should have just been truthful about your fear of roller coasters.” Yunho snickered at Changmin’s pathetic look and without mercy.

“Who’s afraid of roller coaster??!! I think I’m having indigestion that’s all.” Changmin tried to defend his dignity but as soon as he tried to talk, he felt like throwing up again so he quickly shut his mouth and rested his head against the pole again.

“Okok, you’re not afraid of roller coasters. You were really brave Changmin oppa. Don’t talk and rest for a little while.” You chuckled softly at the thought of how a 186cm tall spy could be afraid of riding a roller coaster and not be afraid of guns and explosives.

“Hey, you get some rest here while me and ChaeEun continue on with the other rides. We’ll see you later.” Yunho started to drag you away from the bench towards the line of another thrilling ride before you could say anything.

“Yahhhh don’t leave me here!! Let’s go together!!” Changmin who didn’t want to be left out got up from the bench immediately and started to follow the both of you but he soon lost sight of you and Yunho because it was too crowded.

“YUNHO HYUNG!!!!!!!!! You’re gonna pay for this!!!” he screamed in annoyance as he realized that both of you were nowhere to be found.

“Are you feeling better now??” Yunho asked you as the 3 of you were on the ice-cream that Yunho just bought from the ice-cream stall.

“Yea I feel so much better. Thanks for making it such a great day for me. It’s been such a long time since I felt so happy.” You answered with heartfelt gratitude and gave both of them a sincere smile.

“So why do you like coming to Lotte World so much?” Yunho continued to ask curiously.

“That’s because my parents used to bring me here on my birthday each year. I had so many good memories here but ever since my mother passed away, my dad and I stopped coming here.” You tried to continue putting on a happy smile but tears were starting to form at the corner of your eyes as memories of your mum and dad that you loved so much started to surface in your head again.

“Hey everything can go back to normal again. Even though we know we can never replace your parents, we promise to bring you here whenever you feel like coming till you find a boyfriend to take over our place. Deal??” Changmin held out his pinkie and looked at you with his warm and sincere eyes.

“Yea what do you say??” YunHo followed suit and help out his pinkie too.

“Oppas!!! Thank you so much!!” Instead of holding out your pinkie, you jumped forward and gave them such a big and aggressive hug that it almost made the 2 of them topple over.

“Woah, I didn’t know you were so strong. Come on, last person to the car is a pig.” Changmin broke away from the hug and started to run towards the car in a fast speed.

“When will he ever grow up??!! Hey, wait up!!” Yunho rolled his eyes and started to run after Changmin, afraid that he would try to get into the driver’s seat and ruin the expensive sports car.

“Thank you mum for sending 2 guardian angels to me.” You looked up at the sky and gave a contented smile before walking after Yunho and Changmin towards where the car was parked.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________