Don't Get Hurt

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9j3qd5DET8

Staring out of the classroom window during lunch break, you were deep in thought as you recalled the cool spy gadgets that your mentors showed you during yesterday’s training that you didn’t see NaYoung approach you from behind.

“Yikes!!!” you jumped up in surprise as NaYoung sneaked up from behind you and gave you a fright.

“Hahahahahah scaredy cat!!” Nayoung laughed in satisfaction at her successful attempt to scare you.

“Yah Kim NaYoung!! Do that again and you can kiss your favorite brownies goodbye.” You glared at her and threatened her with the same tactic you use every time she tried to tease you.

“Whatever... you haven’t been making me those brownies anyway. You’re so busy taking care of your grandaunt recently.” She sat down beside you and gave an adorable pout.

Feeling rather bad that you were too busy with your training that you neglected your bestie recently, you made up your mind to take the day off and have some fun with her.

“Aigoo, our strong NaYoung looks so cute when she is pouting.” You playfully back while messing her short, elfin hair. “Since it’s the last day of school before summer break begins, lets go out and have some fun today.” You cheerfully continued.

“Seriously?? We can finally hang out again today?? Don’t you have to take care of your grandaunt??” She asked you with a hopeful look on her face.

“I’m sure the maid can handle her alone today. I’ll inform her now.” You gave her a reassuring smile and took out your phone to text both your mentors for permission to take the day off today.

Having gotten permission from your mentors to spend the day with NaYoung, both of you  went to your favourite hangout spots that was near school immediately after school ended. Both of you spent the whole day together, starting off with one of your favorite food-Ttakkalbi for lunch and then moving on to a karaoke session that lasted for a few hours. It was almost dark when you and NaYoung were ready to go home after finishing a satisfactory plate of waffle topped with chocolate gelato ice-cream and a cup of strawberry banana smoothie at the café that you and NaYoung both loved to go ever since you guys were best friends.

“Ahhhh.. That was so good!!! Reminds me how much I missed hanging out with you.” NaYoung gave a sigh of satisfaction and linked her hand around your arm as both of you were skipping happily like elementary school students.

“You have no idea how much I missed you too!!” you gave a contented sigh and continued to chatter and giggle happily with NaYoung when you suddenly saw a few familiar figures rush past you.

“Hey isn’t that the few Teen Top guys from our school??” NaYoung asked as she caught a glimpse of their faces as they ran past in a hurry.

“Yea I wonder what they are up to? They seem to be in a hurry.” Your instinct automatically made you scan for ChunJi and you were feeling really curious because he wasn’t with the rest of the members.

“Let’s follow them.” NaYoung as your best friend, knew what was on your mind and started to turn towards the direction of where the Teen Top members were headed a few moments ago.

“No, it’s none of our business. Let’s just go.” You tugged at NaYoung’s sleeve and tried to stop her from following them, as you didn’t want ChunJi to see you and think you were stalking him.

“I really want to know what they are up to since I hear lots of rumors that they actually fight outside of school. I want to see for myself if they really are as good as people say they are. You coming or not?” She folded her arms and raised one eyebrow at you, giving you the “I know you are curious too” look.

Giving in to your friend’s persuasions and your own curiosity, you ended up going with NaYoung to look for the boys. Both of you followed them as carefully as you could and managed to tail them for a while until you suddenly lose sight of them and realized you were both in an unfamiliar, remote area.

“Come on, let’s go.” You tugged on NaYoung’s sleeves and tried to persuade her to leave.

“Not until I see what dirty activities they do and expose their true nature to everyone else.” NaYoung stubbornly and determinedly dragged you to a side road and turned left into an alley but there was nobody there. “I was sure I saw them coming here.” She scratched her head in puzzlement when you suddenly heard voices coming from the alley on the opposite side.

“Damn those losers, 5 of them picking on one person. I’m going to kill them the next time I catch them.” You and NaYoung who were eavesdropping from the corner of the alley heard L.Joe growled angrily as he cussed in frustration.

“I’m fine guys, 5 of them weren’t even strong enough to bring me down.” The gentle voice of ChunJi spoke and you felt a tingling feeling again but it quickly turned into one of concern when you heard him coughing really badly.

“You are not ok, look at how badly hurt you are. Try to act like a hero next time and our friendship is over!!” The deep voice of C.A.P was stern but yet it brought a slight tone of worry in it.

“I know you can't resist being friends with me C.A.P hyung, hehehe."

“You wish. Come on guys, let’s get this idiot home before he tries to do anything stupid. Ricky and ChangJo, support him carefully and bring him to the main road. L.Joe, Niel and I will bring the bikes and wait for you guys there.” C.A.P gave the instructions clearly to his dongsaengs and as soon as they were all gone, the 2 of you came out from your hiding place and you tried your best to hide the worried look that was on your face from NaYoung.

“ChunJi must have gotten into a fight alone. So the rumors about them were true after all. Luckily you gave up on him, I wouldn’t want my bestie to be involved with someone who does gang fight.” NaYoung was too busy blabbering that she didn’t notice how quiet and anxious you were. “Oh my gosh, look at the time!! Mum will be waiting for me to start dinner. Come on, let’s get home.” NaYoung checked her watch and realized that it was almost dinnertime and started to lead you out of the alley into the main road.

When you were once again out on the main street, you bid NaYoung goodbye and parted ways with her. Rushing to the pharmacy as fast as you could, you started to buy all kinds of bandages, plasters, antiseptic, internal and external medicine for pain relief and ointment for bruises because you weren’t sure how or where ChunJi is hurt, you decided to buy everything that you think he would need.

A few moments later, you were pacing back and forth in front of the big metal gates of ChunJi’s house, pondering hard if you should ring the bell and pass the medicine to him. Every time you mustered the courage to stretch out your finger and ring the bell, the thought of him rejecting you just cuts in and lowers your confidence. You were afraid that he would be too burdened by your actions and so after long moments of consideration you decided to ask someone else for help.

“Where are the medicine and bandages?? Give them to me quick!!” an impatient and cocky voice demanded roughly and with no shame.

“Calm down sis, it’s right here.” You calmly replied your stepsister and handed over the pharmacy bag to her. 

“You better explain to me how you managed to find out he got hurt later. But for now, just go home and don’t get in between me and ChunJi!!!!” Without any word of thanks, she snatched over the bag and gave you one final glare through slit eyes, before turning away and walking towards the fancy, metal gates of ChunJi’s house.

From your hiding place, you watched in silence as your stepsister was about to press the door bell when you saw a silhouette walking towards the house and your stepsister turned her head towards the approaching figure. After squinting your eyes as hard as possible to try to get a glimpse of the figure that was talking to your stepsister, you realized that the person was none other than ChunJi.

He was limping a little with one of his hands clutching onto his other shoulder and at the sight of him being like that, your heart dropped in pain and sadness. You observed your stepsister for a while and the moment she passed the pharmacy bag to him, you heaved a sigh of relieve and decided to leave as you didn’t want your mentors to get worried about you.

“Even though I couldn’t give it to you personally, I hope you will be able to use the medicine I bought you and get well soon. Don’t get hurt anymore Chunji.” Wishing his quick recovery in your heart, you turned around and started to walk away from the guy you had a crush on since you were 13.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------