A Shocking New Identity

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaqCvHgdMhY

After driving at high speed for almost half and hour, the car finally stopped in front of a plain-looking, single-story house that was located in a quiet and ghetto neighborhood.

“Why did you bring me here?? This isn’t where you took me the last time you saved me.” you asked in surprise as you surveyed the strange surroundings.

“Be patient. All the answers that you seek will soon be revealed to you.” The younger one patted you on your shoulders reassuringly.

“Come on, let’s get going or we will be late for your appointment.” The older one said as he pressed what you assumed to be his car key to lock the car. To your amazement, instead of locking the car, the whole sports car transformed into an old, beat-up car within the blink of an eye.

"Better close your mouth before a fly gets in.” The older one teased as they started walking towards the house.

“Who are these people??” you wondered in complete astonishment as you followed them into a dirty house that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned for ages. Once inside the house, both of them headed straight to a piece of empty wall that was located in the storage room and placed their palms simultaneously on the wall. You almost got a heart attack when a robotic voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

“Please key in your password and place your eyes at the scanner for identification.”

They both did as they were told and as soon as they were done, the walls suddenly slid open, revealing a long beautiful glass walkway.

“Identification confirmed. Welcome back YunHo and Changmin.”

“Come on, don’t just stand there in a daze.” YunHo and Changmin said as they beckoned you to step onto the glass walkway. As soon as you set foot on the walkway, the walls closed immediately and the glass walkway started moving like a walkalator.

“Woah, what on earth is this place??!!” you finally managed to utter as you looked through the glass panes to see a few people practicing martial arts in a big, empty room.

“Welcome to the lair of the spies and would you please step into the elevator.” YunHo instructed as the walkway came to a halt and the elevator in front of it automatically opened. You entered the elevator and saw Changmin pressing the button that had the sign “Director’s Room” beside it.

The doors of the elevator opened, revealing a large room that was lavishly decorated. There was a long, white sofa to your right as you entered the room and there were a few steps leading to another area on your left. You followed YunHo and Changmin up the steps and glanced to your right where you saw a classy and luxurious mini living room. It had a 152-inch plasma television hanged on the wall, golden cushions surrounding a beautiful mahogany coffee table and also a mini bar.

“Annyeonghaseyo, the director is expecting the 3 of you. You can enter his office now.” A tall, slender and beautiful lady dressed in smart working suit greeted you all and gestured the 3 of you into a room that was located on your left. As you entered the office that was also beautifully decorated but with a more serious touch to it, you were greeted by a classy-looking middle-aged man who had this serious but kind aura around him. He shook your hands and politely invited you to take a sit while he went back to his office seat.

“So ChaeEun, I’ve heard about everything that happened yesterday from Yunho and Changmin. You were such a brave girl and I admire your courage.” He praised you and looked at you with twinkling eyes.

“Thank you sir. Forgive me for being rude but may I ask what does that have to do with you bringing me here today??”

The director looked at your curious face and gave you a smile.

“Ah, straight to the point. I like that kind of attitude. Alright then, I think you should have guessed by now that Yunho and Changmin are spies and that this place here is a top secret spy agency. The reason why I asked them to bring you here today is because I would like to inform you that you will be a trainee in our spy agency starting from next week.”

“Wha…What??!! Me a spy??!!” you blurted out in disbelief as you jumped up from your seat in shock.

“Now, now… don’t get so worked up. Sit down and relax.” The director calmly said as he motioned you to sit down again.

“How am I supposed to calm down??!! 1 second there’s a gun being pointed at my head and the next second you’re telling me that I’ll be holding a gun??!!” you blurted out in a loud voice. “Look, I think you got the wrong person. Look at me!! I’m a nerd and a loser. There’s no way I can hold a gun and do karate kicks. I can’t even stand up to my stepsister. I’m sorry but I’m leaving.” You got up, gave a polite bow and headed towards the door.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you go.” The director got up and starting walking towards you. “Since you know about our spy organization, I had to either recruit you, kill you or send you to a far away country like Alaska. I’m actually giving you the best option or would you prefer the other 2??” he asked with a still gentle but threatening tone.

“What??!! That is so unfair. It wasn’t my fault that I happened to stumble upon the situation yesterday. I promise you I’ll keep this a secret.” You grumbled and pleaded desperately.

“I believe everything happens for a reason ChaeEun. Don’t you want to feel confident about yourself for once?? Take up this challenge and I can assure you, you won’t regret it.” He stared into your eyes intently as he tried to coax you into accepting this deal.

You kept silent for a while as you contemplated on what the director just said.

“Good girl. I’ll take your silence as a yes then. YunHo and Changmin will be your mentor and they will be in charge of training you. I will be providing you with a place to stay here so that you will be able to train easily and you move out from your house this Saturday. Just pack your personal belongings and the rest will be provided.”

“Wai..wait!! But I didn’t agree…” you started to stammer helplessly.

 “You may leave now because I have other businesses to attend to. I officially welcome you into our family and Yunho and Changmin will explain the rest of the things to you. Good day.” He cut you off and went back to his desk to continue on with his work, indicating that the discussion was over.

You walked out of the director’s office with slumped shoulders and heaved a big sigh. Changmin gave you a pat on your head and looked at you with an amused expression.

“Why are you pouting??!! You should be proud that you are the chosen one. The director would have seriously just got you sent to Alaska if he didn’t see any potential in you. So for the record, you are really 1 lucky girl. Oh and for your information, spies live a really luxurious life. Isn’t that just awesome??!! Well, the only bad thing is probably the danger of being killed any moment.” Changmin added after thinking of the negative side for a moment.

“Thanks for the info.” You muttered grumpily under your breath.

“Yah, don’t scare her you idiot!!” YunHo gave Changmin a nudge as he crossed his arms and stared at you kindly.

“Don’t worry kido. You have to pass a really hard test before you can even go into the field. By the time you pass that test, you definitely won’t be that easily killed. Furthermore, you have the top 2 spies in this agency as your mentor.” YunHo raised both his eyebrows at you and gave a cocky grin.

 “What about school?? Do I still go to school??” you asked as you suddenly remembered NaYoung and ChunJi.

“Yea you do. It will be a good disguise for you and that’s really important for your safety. Oh, and I think it’s better if you continue on with this nerdy image in school so that you can protect your secret identity.”

“At least I still get to see NaYoung and hi..him.” you heaved a sad sigh of relieve as images of the guy you loved filled your head.

Changmin suddenly interrupted your thoughts as he placed his hands on your shoulders and lightly shove you out of the room.

“Come on, let’s get you home for now and we will see you on Saturday our new protégé. We’ll explain everything in detailed when we meet again.” Thus, from the moment you exited the spy agency that day, your whole life was turned upside down as you carried a new secret identity with you.

Whaa.. Whattt??!! A SPY??!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The transformation of the sports car into an old, beat up car

The view you see the moment you exit the elevator.

The mini living room                                                                                                        The Director's Office

Actor Kim Seung Woo making a cameo as the Director of the Spy Organization