Sleepy ^^

Spy Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_u4PNRHoAY

The remainder of the summer break flew past quickly and soon it was time to return to school again for a new semester. After putting on your freshly ironed school uniform, you grabbed your back pack and walked out of your penthouse, munching on the delicious piece of peanut butter bread as you exited the spy building with your pink bicycle. Upon arriving school, you were greeted by NaYoung with a high five followed by a groan.

“Gosh school again. The holidays were not enough at all!!” NaYoung grumbled to you while walking through the hallways towards your classroom.

“Agreed!! But at least we get to have fun with each other in school.” You placed your arm around NaYoung’s shoulders and gave her a big smile.

“That’s one of the few things that motivates me to come to school. ” Just as she finished talking, Mr Kim walked into class with his usual air of superiority.

“Morning class. Are you ready for a new term in school??!!” he cheerfully asked the class with his usual deep commanding tone of a voice.

“Nooooo…” groans and grumbles similar with NaYoung’s could be heard throughout the classroom as students were experiencing the Monday blues again.

Mr Kim, ignoring the students’ lack of enthusiasm continued on with his announcement as he clapped his hands loudly for the students’ attention.

“As I said in class before the summer break began, you were to be assigned a pet to take care of with your partner once you come back for this term and I’m proud to announce to you that the project starts from today. And I have another good news for you lucky students. Usually our school can only provide you with pets like hamsters or rabbits but this semester, we managed to get the cooperation of one of the animal shelters and thus they will be providing us with the abandoned puppies that are in their shelter for this project. Once the project is over, we will return the puppies to them and shall I warn you guys that it is essential you return the dogs in good condition or else….”

“Oooooo puppies!!! I can’t wait to buy those cute puppy shirts and bring them for manicures.” The voices of the excited girls could be heard throughout the classroom as they squealed in delight at this piece of good news.

At the increasing noise in the classroom, Mr Kim tapped the white board with his hands to quiet down all the over excited students.

“Come pick up your puppy with your partner after school at the school’s backyard and for now take out your Math textbook and turn to page 69.”

As soon as school was over, everyone went to look for their respective partners except you who remained in your chair, wondering how you could approach ChunJi without feeling awkward when a familiar figure stood in front of you and looked at you with his big, round eyes.

“What are you doing here?? Let’s go get our pet.” He gestured you to go with him with his usual expressionless manner and tone, making it hard for you to guess if he was displeased or okay with you being his partner.

“O..Okay. Let’s go.” Standing up and following him from behind, you were hoping with all your might that things wouldn’t get that awkward between the 2 of you as you did this project together.

Upon arriving at the school’s backyard, you could hear the dogs’ loud barking and you saw that most students already got the dogs that they were assigned with. You and ChunJi went up to Mr. Kim and he asked the both of you to look for the cage that was labeled with the number 16. Feeling excited to find out what kind of dog you were assigned to, you started to look at the labels on the dog cages, starting from 1, 2, 3… and at the 3rd row you finally saw the big label 16 on the cage. Looking into the cage properly to catch a glimpse of the puppy, your heart immediately melted at the sight of the cute little thing that was crouched in the corner sleeping soundly. The puppy had white fur, and according to the description, it was a  he puppy of Samoyed breed. You softly opened the latch to the cage, and as gently as you could, carried the small puppy out of the cage and gently cradled it in your arms. Looking around for ChunJi, you saw him standing a distance away and with the presence of the puppy; you forgot all your discomfort with him earlier on and walked towards him excitedly.

 

“Look at the puppy we were assigned to!! Isn’t he just so cute??!!”

“Yea… it is pretty cute.” ChunJi stared at the puppy who was now awake and cuddling comfortably in your arms.

Even though the puppy was in an unfamiliar setting and surrounding, he obediently kept quiet and stared at you with his curious round eyes. After getting used to your scent, the puppy turned his small head to ChunJi's direction and curiously looked at him while holding out his short and small paws to touch ChunJi's arm.

“Do you want to hold him?” Seeing that the puppy seemed to like ChunJi, you offered the puppy to ChunJi but to your surprise, he started to back away slightly.

“Er… no thanks. I don’t want to hurt the puppy with my rough hands.” He explained while trying his best to keep his cool.

“Wait a second.. I don’t think that’s the reason. It kinda seems like you’re scared of the puppy.” You eyed him suspiciously with a slight frown.

“That’s not true, there’s no way I can be afraid of such a small thing…” he started to defend himself while you continued to look at him suspiciously with raised eyebrows.

“Sighh… fine, you got me. I’m afraid of dogs. Don’t tell anyone about it though, it’s pretty embarrassing.”

Seeing the usual cool and calm ChunJi looking slightly embarrassed at this revelation, you can’t help but start laughing at his cute expression.

“What’s so funny??” he asked you with his usual serious face again.

“No..nothing, it’s just that even the usual cool and calm ChunJi could be afraid of puppies is really something new to me.” You explained while trying to hold back your laughter.

“I’m human too you know.”

“Okok, I’m sorry. I’ll stop laughing now.” So I guess I’ll be bringing this cute little thing home then for today. I’ll see you tomorrow.” You gave him a wave and turned around when he suddenly called your name in that voice that always makes your heart skips a beat.

“Hey, I should at least contribute something. Follow me.” With that you followed him out of school and he ended up bringing you to the stores to buy the puppy some basic necessity items like food, a bowl and blanket.

“I guess that’s all we can find for now. I’ll do the collar after we decide on a name for him.”

“Actually, I’ve already thought of a name for him but if you don’t like you can always change it. When I first saw him in the cage, he was sleeping so I was thinking about calling him Sleepy, what do you say?? Is it weird??” you asked him with a doubtful expression on your face, afraid that he will call you childish.

With a serious expression on his face, he contemplated for a moment before speaking up.

“Hmmm… fine with me. Sleepy it is then. Let’s pick out a collar for him this Saturday. I’ll let you know on Friday where we should meet.”

“Alright, I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow.” With that you got on your bicycle and was ready to leave when he called out your name again.

“Hey ChaeEun, thanks for taking care of the puppy. I’ll try my best to get over my fear so that I can play my part in taking care of the puppy.” He said still with the same expressionless face but yet this time when he spoke, you could feel the sincerity in his voice instead of the usual cold vibe that always came out from him.

“Sure thing. Don’t worry about it and take your time. See you!!” Giving him a big wave, you started to peddle and cycled happily back to your penthouse, happy and contented that you got to spend some time with ChunJi and excited to show off your new puppy to your mentors.