Crying in the Club

B & R (Black&Red)

"You're always busy" Nancy pouts and Yeonwoo find it cute.

 

Months.


Months since that night of her confession. Months since she meet Yeonwoo. Months since she fall inlove again. Months.

 

Months have passed, months of loving Yeonwoo. She loved her so much but the tall girl is always busy and Nancy was annoyed of it. She wants the girl to be always with her side, that's how whipped she is.

 

Yeonwoo already opened a restaurant from the investment and it was a huge success now she's planning to open a new and luxurious bar. Nancy knows opening a  new business needs a serious planning but it also means she will barely sees Yeonwoo.

 

She helped in planning atfirst but only a small progress can be done when they plan it together at home because neither of them can keep their focus on planning and Yeonwoo swears Nancy just couldn't keep her hands to herself. Its not like Yeonwoo was complaining, she likes it but she have to plan everything perfectly.

 

"I kinda have to." Yeonwoo replied sneaking a peck at Nancy's lips and put a red lipstick on. Nancy always thought Yeonwoo looks hot on red lipstick.

 

"You barely have time for me." Nancy sulks earning a chuckle from the tall girl. Yeonwoo got her purse and car keys , planted a long kiss on Nancy's lips before bidding her a goodbye.

 

"Atleast I come home to you." 
"Yah!" Nancy throw her a pillow but Yeonwoo already closed the door.

 

Nancy thought Yeonwoo even got busier than before. She resign from her previous job but not the bartending in the previous bar where they met.

Nancy don't like it at first but Yeonwoo said the people working there is like a  family to her. She couldn't just change how Yeonwoo live her life before her. She vowed to accept and support her. Atleast Yeonwoo did promise not to entertain, flirt or seduced any customers again which Nancy highly doubt because she knows very well that it was the customers who flirt with her Yeonwoo. Who can resist Yeonwoo anyway? The tall girl told her not to worry about it though, she will just be working their to mix drinks, just the bartending and that Yeonwoo is hers.

 

But thats not mainly her concern, she barely see her.

 

They only see each other when she visits Yeonwoo or every morning when Yeonwoo comes home from her shift but have to leave again for the planning of the new business. Nancy can tell that Yeonwoo was serious about this bar, she dedicated almost all her time in it. She really love playing with drinks.

 

So she spend her days and kill her time missing Yeonwoo at the restaurant. She made herself in charge of it since she have nothing else to do and  besides, Yeonwoo was always super busy.


But despite the older girl being busy, her  love for her didn't even change a bit. She actually love the tall girl even more and she makes sure she shows it whenever Yeonwoo was in her arms.


"You're driving away the customers with your frown. What's wrong?"

 

Hyebin ask her. She is an employee at the restaurant and Nancy was close with her. She sometimes open up her worries to Hyebin, she's comfortable with her and Hyebin is an unnie material too. Atleast she have Hyebin to talk and Jooe to entertain her , if it wasn't for them, she must have been rotting because of boredom.


"Nothing" she lazily replied.


"Even the weather knows you're lying."

It was raining outside just as when she arrived at the restaurant. It was like the rain is just waiting for her to step inside before it falls down.

Nancy love the rain. Rain is like a thread that connects her with her bestfriend because at that one fateful night, it rained too. She don't know why she loves it when they said the rain is one of the reasons she got into that accident killing her  bestfriend. The rain, for her, is like Erin was telling her she's happy. Opposite from what most people interprets it to be.


"I guess it's Yeonwoo again." Jooe barge in bringing coffee and give it to Nancy.
"Here, a coffee to warm your boring days and cold nights."
"Yahh.." she was about to playfully hit Jooe but Jooe run away back to her spot and start entertaining the customers.


"So I guess your problem is Yeonwoo was abstaining you again."
"Unniieee~~~" Nancy pouts. Hyebin chuckled. "What?"


"Ugh. I just miss her so much." She's playing with the mug, tracing circles around it with her fingers.

"You said that everyday, you really love her."

 

"I do. I wonder if she loves me to--Ouch! Unnie~~~" Hyebin just hit her.

 

"Yah Nancy, she came her once shouting Jooe and my name. She confronted us why you always talk about us when you're with her. She said you sound so happy when you tell stories about me and Jooe. After assuring her that its not what she think it  is, only then she calms down and apologize for being so immature. The girl was clearly jealous and you think like that? Psh. You're nights must have been so cold."

 

Yeonwoo did? Holycow, she didn't know that.

"Yah, you seem so shocked."

"I just didn't know that she's capable of being jealous too. Nyaaahh I miss her even more."

 

She can remember Yeonwoo being jealous once when she danced at the bar but the event isn't that clear.

 

"Visit her then." Nancy nods. She will visit Yeonwoo tonight at the club.


"I didn't hear her say I love you though" 
And it saddens Nancy. Whenever she says I love you to Yeonwoo, the tall  girl just replied her with a smile and a kiss. She knows actions speaks louder than words, but sometimes she wish she can hear Yeonwoo say those words too.

 

"You know she isn't vocal about her feelings but you know she do." Yeonwoo isn't vocal and it makes Nancy conscious that sometimes she tiptoes around Yeonwoo in terms of knowing what the older girl must be feeling. Yeonwoo seems to always agree and abide with her when they talk. 

 

Nancy push the thought away and smile. She will be seeing her tonight and she can't wait.

 


---

Nancy was jumping gleefully getting out of the car to the entrance of the bar. The guards already recognized and she got in easily. She will surprise Yeonwoo with her presence, she miss the older girl so much though they we're together this morning. Nancy miss her every moment Yeonwoo wasn't in her side.


The blazing sound, the smoke, the dancing neon lights, the crowd, and the smell, Nancy was familiar with it already. She even know where Yeonwoo is at the  moment so she walked directly to the bartenders counter only to be surprised of what she have seen.

 

 


Jealousy and a pang of pain creeps into her heart upon seeing the view infront of her. Yeonwoo was laughing alongside with Taeha, the counter separating them. She froze. Taeha would  whisper something to Yeonwoo, there face dangerously close, and Yeonwoo would laugh after that.

 

That laugh. Though Nancy can't hear it, it made her insecure. She wanted to cry, then she remember the time she ask Yeonwoo if she loves Taeha and the tall girl said yes. Now Nancy tears was falling gently from her eyes.

 

The  moment seems to more now that Camila Cabello's Crying in the Club remix was playing loudly on speakers.


"Nancy!"

 

Daisy called out and it got Yeonwoo and Taeha's attention. They both turn their attention to where Daisy is looking, to the crying girl in the club.


"Nancy." Yeonwoo whisper.

 

Nancy run to the back door, her tears still falling. She didn't mind all the people she bump with. She just want to get out of this place and go somewhere her aching heart could belong.

 

Where do broken hearts go? Where can someone like her  possibly go? To a sad place where people have their hearts broken too or to a  happy place where she can forget her broken heart?

"Nancy stop." She felt a hand gripping tightly in her wrist.


"Let me go!"


"Nancy please, it is not what you think it is."

This time she face Yeonwoo, still sobbing.

 

"Then what the do you think I think it is?!"


"Please.." Yeonwoo was beat. Her eyes we're really tired now that Nancy saw it upclose. It was somewhat red and tired. Did she cried? 


"Is she what you've been up to the past days? Is that why you asked me not to join in planning anymore? What now? Did you two finally got back together?!" 


"Nancy" a pleading Yeonwoo soften her heart. She hates seeing Yeonwoo feeling like this but what about her feelings then?


She's hurt. She's mad. She's tired too. She's actualy a crying mess right now.


"Did you just made me stay because you feel guilty? Do you even love me, Yeonwoo?" She harshly wipe her tears with her free hand.

 

"If you don't then please don't ing lead me on! Sometimes, you make me feel special and at times you make me feel like crap. It's annoying and confusing because your so ambiguous when I am freaking sure that I love you! Don't play with my feelings!"

 

"Yeonwoo please, cut me some slack. I'm begging you. I'm begging you to be honest with me. I love you and I want your happiness. And if I am not the one that can give you that happiness, tell me."

"I am already a fool for you. It'll hurt but I can accept it."

Yeonwoo take a step closer to her and sigh.

"Nancy--"

"shhh." Nancy laughed but her tears were falling uncontrollably.

 

"Maybe I am not that person who can give you that happiness. Sorry for loving you so much Yeonwoo that it leave you no choice."

She smiled at the tall girl and cup her cheeks, caressing it gently. Slowly, she tiptoe and kiss her.


"I love you so much it hurts."


Nancy step back and free herself from Yeonwoo's grip. She turn her back from the tall girl and take a step away from her. Every step is heavy, every step she can hear her heart broke. It's funny how she purposely take babysteps in hope that Yeonwoo will stop her but she didn't. And it scares her.

 

Nancy wasn't scared to walk away, she was scared Yeonwoo wouldn't follow her.

And it hurts me more knowing that when I walk away, you won't come after me.


When Nancy came to the other side where Yeonwoo can't see her, she run so fast and finally break down. She cried so hard she didn't know she's capable of.

She lean against the wall because it wasn't only her heart that's tired, her body gave up on her too. The place was so dark, with no one around and Nancy prefer it that way. Only her cries and sobs could be heard.

Why? Why can't she just be happy again. Why is happiness so short lived for her?


She was clutching at her coat so tight, tears flooding and her hair covering some of her face. When she felt a cloth covered and nose grabbing her so tightly from the back.

 

Her pulse quickened. She tried to get away but suddenly she feel sleepy and darkness starts to take over her senses.

"I finally got you"

Is the last words that fill her ears before  she completely shut off the world.

Help!