TRYING

B & R (Black&Red)

Yeonwoo was denying the embarassment she feels in the inside but she's trying to play that stoic, cold, i-don't-care-what-just-happen face on the outside. 


"Can you please stop moving. I'm trying to watch t.v!" Yup. Trying!


Munching a bowl of chips, Yeonwoo was trying too hard to focus on watching the tv than the girl on the other side of the sofa, constantly standing then sit after. She didn't thought it would be this hard to concentrate though.

What a peripheral vision nuisance!

She was sitting on the middle while the other girl was squeezing herself on the side of the sofa trying to make a comfortable space for them. But Nancy was nowhere near comfortable! Well, atleast she's trying to be comfortable. Yeah, trying seems to be their word for the day. Trying!

After what happen, how can Yeonwoo whose name she just knew and heard from the girl earlier be so cool at their situation. Nancy thought that it was almost like nothing to the other girl while she almost have to break her skull and get that kissing image in her mind!

Maybe she kissed alot of girl and guys already. Nancy thought. Irritated, she stood up abruptly surprising Yeonwoo.

"What the heck! Are you trying to give me heart attack? I said stop moving!"

Nancy look at her with the same intensity in her eyes, " How can I possibly do that?.. You just kissed me!"

Yeonwoo almost choke at her chips. Now she really thinks the girl was trying to kill her. How can be so straightforward?!


"Well, you closed your eyes!" She remained calm and compose.

While Nancy felt warmth invading her face. She felt embarrassment taking in now. It actually never leave her after the kiss.

"N-no, I didn-n't.."

Yeonwoo smirks when she realize she is winning this conversation seeing how a shade of pink creeps into Nancy's cheeks. Oops! I hit the right words.

"You even tilted your head."

The older girl was teasing her and she could'nt help but to blush at what Yeonwoo is saying. Am I that obvious that I want that earlier I mean, I wish I wasn't that hungrily obvious though!?

"Staaphh"

Nancy put some of her hair strands under her ear while looking at the floor shyly. Yeonwoo find it adorable but she won't say otherwise. Not now that she's winning this seems to be a battle of pride conversation.

"And.." (oh god, it's not over yet?) Nancy thought. "You even parted your lips for me."

That's it! She just lost her last thread of not being embarassed and before she become a complete tomato, Nancy walk and stand infront of the girl.

"But still! It was you who initiated the kiss asking me to be yours! And for your information, I didn't like it! I kissed alot of person before and your the baddest kisser of them all!" She storm off to the guest room.

Yeonwoo's pride was hurt. It certainly is. No one ever told her that she's a bad kisser after the kiss. Actually, everyone was dying to kiss her and now she just got told that she's a bad kisser.

Too opposite for a compliment.Dammit!


It's not normal for her to be this affected. She heaved a deep sigh, might as well deal with it for the meantime. Keep your head in the game, Yeonwoo! She thought. She need Nancy and Nancy need her, no in betweens! 

She look at the clock, it was almost 7 and she have work at the bar later at 8. She turn the tv off and prepare herself with some cooling for her mind kind of bath.

Nancy on the other room was blushing. She can't decide if she's mad,embarassed, or other feelings she can't comprehend. But maybe all. She heard the door from the other room open then closed. She look at the clock, it's almost 7.

Maybe she's taking a bath.

Nancy knew Yeonwoo's schedule. It was written neatly at a sticky note pasted on the fridge. She had concluded this and she don't want to be a burden to the other girl. Sure, Yeonwoo needed her for awhile but she have been a burden since that event that turned her life upside down. At once, she want her existence to matter.

Maybe I can ask her about working at the bar,too.

With that thought, she go to the older girl's room.


Yeonwoo was completely ready to soak her body in the tub when she remember she left her bathrobe in the bed.

Great! Now I have to get that thing ... ugh.

She step out of the shower and make her way to the bed when the door suddenly open revealing Nancy's presence.

They both got the shock of their life, both of them was frozen. Literally, with Nancy's mouth open and Yeonwoo's wide eyes.

But the older girl have a better control of the situation though, she even notice how Nancy scan her entirety with mouth agape. She smirks.

"Loving the view?"

It snaps Nancy out of the trance and she saw the older girl now wearing that smirk. What the heck was that!. She realized what she was doing and turn around. How many times do I have to blush today? And how did I forget that she was taking a bath? Wait. Why is she outside the shower . Ugh.

"I did'nt see anything."
"Sure you didn't"

Nancy was sure she won't be having a good night sleep tonight with the thought of Yeonwoo's body never leaving her mind.

"I'm all dressed" Yeonwoo said and Nancy slowly turn her head to look at the taller girl, just in case though.

"What do you want?" Yeonwoo was wearing her bathrobe but Nancy swears she can see what's inside that cloth. She's getting crazy!

"I will go with you tonight."
"Where?"
"Bar."
"No you can't b--"
"My decision is final and you don't have a choice."

Yeonwoo can't believe this woman infront of her. Confuse of what to react, she just roll her eyes.

"Why are you telling me then if I don't have a say in this?"

"I just want to inform you. I want to work there,too."

"What?! It's not a good place for someone like you, last time you almost got !"

"Try me." Nancy has no plan backing down on her decision. Besides, that's what she is famous of, being stubborn.

Yeonwoo just sigh. She can't believe she's losing in this.

"Just remember that I am not responsible of you."

"Oh yes you are, you still need me."

Yeonwoo grin. She can turn this table down on her favor. Huh! It was easier than I thought.

"No, I didn't. I can replace you easily,sweetheart"

With that and a wink, she step in the shower leaving a pained and confuse Nancy behind.

Replace? Nancy hate the word. There are nights she wish she can replace her bestfriend's position, she would accept herself to be a replacement anytime for her. But now hearing how easy it is to replace her, it breaks her heart. Her heart who have become so numb it feels so weird to feel it again. Maybe it was easier to be replaced than to replace anyone. Just that thought and Nancy feel useless again.

 

How can my situation be so bipolar?  Because she can remember awhile ago, she was blushing like crazy and now here she is, trying. Trying not to let her tear fall. 

Trying should be the word. For she did tried.