Sorry

B & R (Black&Red)

Italic bold are flashbacks. Thank you for reading😘.

 

------------------------------

 


When Yeonwoo come home awhile ago, Nancy jump and hug her while they we're sitting at the sofa. Nancy was so happy but her expression is mad. Yeonwoo asks her what happen then there she goes saying something about this drama she watched this morning and how much she hates the guy on letting the woman she love the most go.


"I mean how can he do that? Aist. He must be a believer of that saying "If you love something, let it go" , seriously? I really hate that saying and the people who believe in that! Because if you really love something, aren't you supposed to hold onto it, cherish it, fight for it and never let it go?!"



"God, it was a natural instinct and it is the right thing to do too! But by believing that you have to let go because you love it, ofcourse you may dumbly do so and that something or whatever it is that you love will be gone, maybe temporarily or worst permanently. I mean, come on? Why would you want to risk that!? If you love something, you must hold on to that and never, ever let it go! Right babe?"
 


Yeonwoo nods at her.



"That's right but sadly not all cases are like that."

Nancy look at her confuse.

"What do you mean?"

Yeonwoo is nervous , how is she gonna put what she mean in words? She's not a good speaker nor expressive at all.

"Well you see, unrequited love, star-crossed lovers, wrong person wrong time, and any lovestories that destiny choses to up, they exist. At some point of their story, they have to let go of something they love. Not because they want to but rather because they need to. They don't have a choice."

 


Nancy stares at her deligently, listening to her side of the explanation. But what will Yeonwoo do? She can't freaking find the right words!
 


"I mean, I read this somewhere and it says that when you really love someone, you want what's the best for them. And sometimes wanting what's best for another may involve accepting that your paths aren't always or no longer entertwined. It's not to say that the moments you had isn't real, but rather coming to terms with the inevitable truth that sometimes showing someone how much you love them means letting them go. Because it was for the best. It just really depends on the situation sometimes."
 


Nancy frown at her.



"How can they let go without even putting a fight? Maybe that something they let go don't really want to be let go of. Fighting for it could have atleast get a different result."

"You know I want to believe atleast that letting go comes after fighting for it. You cannot call it pure love if you atleast didn't fight for it before letting it go. Maybe somethings are supposed to be like that, maybe it is really what's written in their stars."

Nancy aren't still convince of the whole letting the one you love go process. She's a believer of "us against the world" afterall. She love stories like that. They fight for what they love.

"But they can rewrite the stars. If only he fights for his love until the end."

Yeonwoo sighs. She raised her hand in surrender.

"Okay, okay babe. I rest my case. I can never win and why are we arguing with this? Just tell me what you did after watching that drama."

Nancy clap in victory. She just really feel like being silly right now.

"So never let go of my hand, okay Yeonwoo? Anyways, I tried cooking that video I watched in Youtube today and it was so damn har.........."



Yeonwoo couldn't remember the rest of the conversation anymore as she was now driven back to reality. Her painful reality!

Nancy will probably hate her forever but as she said, it is for the best. She need to do this! This is supposed to be done. Nancy, she loves her but love is not everything.


Yeonwoo let go of her hand.



Nancy look down, to their hands. To her hands that suddenly feel empty. It was then that she feel the coldness of the rain.

"What are you doing? Hold my hand!" It is command.

Yup, a command from the young girl and Yeonwoo can still remember that same thing being said yesterday, when they we're at the supermarket buying foods and stuff.

"Yah Yeonwoo!" Nancy called out to her. She was pushing the cart and was busy scanning the vegetables that she didn't know she left Nancy behind.

"Yah? Babe you know I'm older than you right?"

"Whatever grandma! Hold my hand!" Yeonwoo can't believe this. She is older here but Nancy was commanding here. Aist. Things you do for love, like a puppy, she hold it and squeezed lightly.

"But Nancy, it will be hard pushing the cart with one hand."

"I'll help." Nancy put her other empty hand and help on pushing.


"My hands are sweating. Can you let go of me for awhile.?"

The young girl glare at her.

"No."

"But why?"

"Because my heart is at ease when my hands are holding yours."

Yeonwoo look at her with an I can't believe you stare.

"That's sappy." Nancy hit her.

"Yah, it's called being sweet. And aren't you amazed at how our hands fit together? Your hands are meant to hold mine, so hold it."

A smile she was trying to hide break loose and Nancy look at her, smiling back. The tall girl pinch her cheeks.

"You're cute. And yup. Your hand is the only hand I will ever need to hold."

"Good."



Sending the tears that's blocking away in her eyes with the rain, she blinks as she shove Nancy's hand away from her. Nancy's face scrunch up.


" it, face me Yeonwoo!"

Yeonwoo didn't waver.

No, I won't. Cause if I do, I might not be able to let you go.

"Yeonwoo! What's wrong?! Why aren't you looking at me!" Nancy was panicking and worried, she can't help it, she break down and cry too.


"Does it hurt? Where? Where? Is it here?" Nancy was checking the tall girl desperately " does your head hurts? Let me take a look at it." and Yeonwoo stops her.

"Stop please.."



"What's wrong babe?" Nancy is as mess as her.

"Did I do something? Do you have anything to say? Tell me. What did I do? Why are you crying?"

 


Questions. Alot of questions that Nancy isn't even sure if the girl will answer them. Yeonwoo finally look at Nancy, the young girl was her cheeks lovingly, wiping the invisible tears that was already washed away by the rain.



Why are you still here, I just let go of your hand.

"What's wrong?" 


"I love you, remember that please." Yeonwoo said without answering any question being bombarded to her. She hold Nancy's hand and kiss it before letting it go again.


"Why do you keep on letting go of my hand? Hold it!" And again, Yeonwoo shove it away.


"I love you so much I want you to know it was so ing hard for me, so damn hard!"


"Babe? What are you saying? What is this? I don't understand!"


They were both a crying mess right now, the other whose heart was already dead and the other whose heart is slowly breaking into pieces by every word Yeonwoo says.



"I love you, I always will and will always do. Nancy, I love you so much."



Yeonwoo kneel infront of Nancy and Nancy swears, she can hear her heart breaking. Her tears falls freely.



As light as a feather, I was falling gently.
Enthused by the gravity that keeps on pulling me.
As I reach the ground I was thinking you'd catch me,
There I knew I was not a feather but a glass, completely broken.


"What does that even mean?" Yeonwoo was reading her a story and that phrase was written at the end. Nancy had another bad dream again and Yeonwoo woke up when she flinched. The tall girl decided to read her a story so that she can forget about her dream, that's what Yeonwoo says.

And Nancy thinks it's sweet.

"Hey babe?" The girl didn't move, Nancy couldn't see her face because the book was covering it.

"Yeonwoo!" She take the book away and...pffffft.

"What the heck, are you crying?!"

Yeonwoo hides her face in her hair but Nancy put them away behind her ears and wipe her tears.

She looks at her and Nancy was suppressing a laugh!

"Yah, it's not funny. It is sad, stop teasing me." Nancy let out the laugh she have been holding.

Yeonwoo glare at her.

"I'm sorry.. okay, okay I'll stop. I'm sorry , it's just that .. I .. pfft... "

"Stop it!" Yeonwoo wrestled Nancy covering the girls mouth to stop her from laughing.

"Fine, I'll stop! I just really can't believe that you have a soft heart for hopeless romantics. Gosh, it's still funny."

Nancy laugh again. Yeonwoo get on her knees and Nancy was shock.

"Why are you kneeling?"

"Please stop teasing me. I'm .... it's embarrassing."

Nancy hug the girl, she suddenly feel guilty.


"You don't have to kneel. I'm sorry, I love you."



She knows, Nancy knows that Yeonwoo only kneels when she want Nancy to stop what she's doing.


But what does Yeonwoo wants her to stop?


Nancy was about to say something when a black van stops just behind Yeonwoo.
She panicks for awhile but then her heart immediately recognize the person coming out from it with 2 other men in suits.



No. No. No.

She looks at Yeonwoo and the tall girl was crying with her eyes closed below her, face facing the ground. Nancy feel herself losing along with drops of the rain. She was hurt, no, deeply hurt. Yeonwoo just betray her.


Yeonwoo, why?


Nancy get down, leveling with the tall girl and hug her tightly. Dammit, she's desperate. She can forgive Yeonwoo, damn, she can forgive her over and over again and will still love her the same. But Yeonwoo just stay still, kneeling and crying her heart out.



Nancy don't care if Jane was saying something or the guards was trying to break her away from Yeonwoo, all she wants was to be close to the older woman, to Yeonwoo. She wants Yeonwoo. Her Yeonwoo.


"Baby get up.Please.. Yeonwoo."

"please, don't let them take me away from you.." Yeonwoo didn't answer.


"You said you love me and I love you too. Baby, please let's go home..."


It was even more painful hearing Nancy begging not to let her go but what can she do?


"Yeonwoo, please..." Nancy was fighting against the guards, refusing to let go from her. She wants to hold her, she wants to hit the guards and run away with Nancy. She wants to. But she just can't.


No, she won't let go. No, she won't. Nancy will hold on to her.


Yeonwoo finally look at her but her eyes we're sad. Yeonwoo's eyes are the most beautiful thing to lost in but not at this moment. Her stares is dead. It was pleading, it was begging, it was asking her to stop.


" please... don't make it even harder for me, Nancy-ah."

Nancy grip loosen.

So that's what you want me to stop? To stop fighting for you? Now it hurts even more that that you are begging me to stop fighting for you.

"Why..?"


And when Yeonwoo feels Nancy's grip in her was gone, she lost it. This is it.


"Yeonwoo..."


The young girl was forcely being dragged inside the van.


She hold her breath as the sound of Nancy's voice was slowly fading away in the sounds of the rain.


Yeonwoo feel Jane tap her shoulder and then there's silence. Silence. Again, it was silence her old friend.



All she can hear is the passing of some cars, the rain and her heart. But none of it matters at the moment.


She cried. Cried so hard that she didn't know she's capable of. Cried so hard that she doesn't even care what tomorrow will bring anymore. Because she's gone. Nancy's gone. She's on her own again.

The rain drenched her but the memories keep on replaying.

No more strawberry breaths, butterfly kisses, teases, cute giggles! No more sunshines and goodmornings, no more hugs and vanilla hairs, no more petting, no more winks and singing to sleep, no more euphorias and adrenalines, no more holding hands and stories. No more. No more Nancy!

She clunch her heart. She's a coward. She's a loser. She's useless.


Why does it hurts so much?


In the pouring rain, where the moon and the stars that witnessed their love for each other was not around, she lost her.


I lost her.

"Don't you have nightmares?"

"My nightmares are usually about losing you."

"Oh? Wooooo Yeonwoo-ya, are you playing the role of Peeta Mellark now? Is this the Hunger Games? No wonder we can't see the cameras."

Nancy teases her.

"Stop fooling around, and yeah it's true. I'm scared of losing you, actually I'm scared just by the thought of it. I don't wanna lose you, Nancy"

Nancy kiss her.

"Me too,baby, me too."

 

 

I'm sorry Nancy-ah.