Let's Play Pretend

B & R (Black&Red)

Nancy was holding so tight that Yeonwoo have to push herself off from the girl, for the young girl seems to have no plan letting go anytime soon. Yeonwoo sure new to the warmth of this woman and something new for her is scary.

She then take strides to her car and let out a long sigh once she was inside. Tranquility seem so hard to find these days when she found herself looking at the person in her passenger seat confuse. Oh good gracious, come on!

" uhm. What do you think you're doing?"

" nice car, just like mine" the girl said ignoring Yeonwoo's question. She looked stupid there for awhile. Nancy's eyes were half-closed and she know anytime soon, she'll dooze off.

"Yeah? Got it from hardwork probably yours from daddy's wallet, eh?" The statement got the young girl's attention.Yeonwoo can't tell what the girl was thinking, she was just intently looking at her with different emotions displayed on her beautiful face. Yeah right, she's a beauty. So what?

"aren't we getting a little bit judgemental there, unnie?" Now bitterness is evident in the girls face.

" whatever, get out now." Yeonwoo had to look straight ahead her or she might feelt guilty saying what she said earlier. That's so not her.

"Im Nancy"

"Not interested,get out."

"Why do you hate me?" Yeonwoo suddenly feel breath brushing her cheeks. The younger girl scoot closer to her.It smells like strawberry but she stay sitting still looking at whatever is there infront of her.

"I don't know you"

"I'm Nancy."

"Just because you tell me your name doesn't mean I know you already."

"Exactly the point. You don't know me, yet you hate me." This girl is prying her, more strawberry breaths brushing her cheek wouldn't be a problem except that, she's getting drunk just by it.

She then look at the girl, their faces inches away. She's dangerously close. Nancy with eyes half-close finally got the unnie to look at her and with the remaining sanity she have, she forces a sweetest smile. Hmm, mints. She can still recognize the scent of the older girls breath which is happen to be so close with her.

"Because you have everything." Yeonwoo said with those minty breaths before looking back infront. She didn't saw Nancy's smile fading because of the statement and was change in to a confuse expression. Nancy sit back right and Yeonwoo saw it on her peripheral. Good, no more strawberry.

There was a silence and Yeonwoo was contemplating if she have to explain or, well there is really no other choices for her.

"You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth yet your ruining your life by being a rebel and brat. Yes you're lucky enough but aren't you abusing fortune too much?" Wow, now she explained!

"Stereotyping people is a bad habit,unnie. And besides, everyone have their own story to tell you jhust hmm" the weak voice became even weaker until all Yeonwoo hear are soft snores. Nancy could'nt keep the battle against her sleepy self. And she's actually the type of person who can sleep everywhere if she's sleepy enough.

Yeonwoo look at the girl so peaceful in her slumber. She can't help but to admire the girls features from her eyebrows, those lttle nose and thin lips, damn! She's a beauty and Yeonwoo won't deny that. Maybe she have foreign blood in her. She don't look pure Korean and her li--wait-what? Am I checking her out? Damn it!

Yeonwoo mentally slap herself. She let out a laugh and realize it eventually. Now she shake her head, what is happening to her? I must have gone crazy!

She then hear the girl mumble something and tears were slipping into her cheeks. Now what? This girl is so bipolar, is she crying? Aist. Wae-wae-ugh, ottoeke! 

If there is something Yeonwoo hate, it is when somebody cry in front of her. Not hating empathetically but more like , if you cry in front of her, she must likely go and leave you there without any pity or empathy from her. She hates it! Literally. She thought that she have been through alot but she didn't cry during those times, she survive using her brain not tears. Well, beauty is dangerous but intelligence is lethal and in achieving both, she lost her heart along the way.

Looks like I have to bring her to my apartment, well it would'nt hurt. Just this once. Yeonwoo though that maybe the little angel sitting on her right shoulder is rejoicing right now. How silly of her.

She drive off with that thought.

 

For a moment, Yeonwoo thought she hear the sound of a vacuum cleaner. But she was alone.. ! It can't be. She look at the time, it says 11:15. Great, she's late for work. How can someone time conscious like her overslept? Isn't it too late to blame herself now, right? She then remember the girl. Nancy, oh now I remember her name. How great is that? 

She got out of her room only to be greeted by two goddess, she meant human.

"Oh hi there, I'm just having a little chit-chat with your girl here, I hope you dont mind."

Taeha. Her bestfriend, first love and first heartbreak. The person Yeonwoo trusted and loved with her all but ended up betraying her.

"What are you doing here?" 

"Oh me? I was cleaning yo--" Nancy attentively answer. She have to impress her if it means still staying here.

" Not you. And yeah what are you still doing here?"

"Uhm.. me?" 

"Aist, just evaporate okay. I'll deal with you later." Nancy then obey what her master said. Master! How desperate can she be.

Yeonwoo was making profanities in her head. Maybe it was not a good idea bringing the girl. If it was not for uhmm.. okay what reason does have? 

Her train of thoughts was halted by a faint laugh.

"Im not updated that you can humor now, Yeonwoo. I'm upset."

"What do you want?" 

"The company is having an annual party, they want me to invite you besides, you contributed alot to its success." And as much as her contribution, the company more like help her in so many huge ways.  "I guess you can set aside personal life now Yeonwoo, professionalism." professionalism my !

The company give her a huge favor and it was hard turning down the invitaion. Plus, the girl in front of her mocking her openly wasn't helping at all. She adore this girl so much, Taeha know everything about her.

"And make sure to bring a date, everyone have one. Im sure you're not going alone again right and be a loner at the corner?" 

Even the ways to hurt her. Nayun. Nayun is the person who changes and take the love of her life away from her. Nayun is the leading entrepreneur in the country, how can she rival that? She can be considered rich in the poor's eyes. But not to the extent. Money control the world, she know too well.

"I'll take your silence as a yes." She just woke up but now she's beat. How can the girl still have the same effecr in her. She's a thug, she's strong, she's intellegent and keep her life always in order. Heck even gangsters was afraid of her. But when it came to Taeha, she's still that coward she's been trying to forget.

"Just leave" is all Yeonwoo can say looking at the floor. She cant dare look at the girl who can make her a monster and can tame her as well.

Taeha walk closer to Yeonwoo and planted a soft kiss into her cheeks sending Yeowoon to her death probably.

"It's been a year and I'm glad you're moving on." Taeha whispers and Yeonwoo swears that that so familiar cherry breath can make her crazy. How she wish she can have it for the rest of her life. What a pity, Yeowoon. She thought to herself.

"I'll see you at the party then" Taeha walk to the door and open it " And oh by the way *she flashed Yeonwoo one more smile* she's beautiful" before leaving and close the door.

Yeonwoo was left there, in trance and don't know what to do next with her life when she always have a plan. Everything is just different with Taeha.

Nancy heared the closing of the door, sign that she's allowed to get out. She's in the guest room but she heard the conversation to well. She know it's bad to eavesdrop at other peoples conversation but she can't help it. The curiosity in her always win.

She approached Yeonwoo humbly who seem to turn into stone in where she stands when the girl was still there. Nancy grab the oppurtunity to speak.

"I know you badly want me to go but I'm telling you it will be a hard battle for I want to stay. I ran from home and have nowhere to go to. Everyone in my family seems to hate me. I don't want to go back there and I don't have anything with me. Please, accept me. Look, I can be whoever, whatever you want me to be just please let me stay."

She bow her head. Few tictacs of the clock passed and Nancy got no response so she bravely look at Yeonwoo whose still looking at the door. Yeonwoo must notice it because the gaze was diverted to her. She was looking intently at her. Its like she's eating her soul.

"Let's play pretend" Nancy isn't dumb to not to know what Yeonwoo mean besides, she heard the conversation earlier. But what's making her crazy is how her heart beats erratically as the older girl's face was slowly going near until it was only inches away from hers.Hmmm..Mint breathes. 

Nancy was frozen. She knew what is yet to come, she wasn't new to this. She was a rebel remember? But this, it's different. Her sanity was slowly crumbling inside her soul specially when she felt Yeonwoo's lips brushed with hers lightly. She love the smell of mint against her.

She close her eyes. When did Yeonwoo's hands made it to her cheeks?..hmmm , it's so soft. That's it. The last thread of her sanity. Nancy tilted her head to give the girl more access but it remained like that, their lips lightly brushed with each other. Nancy felt the older smiled when she tried to push herself.

Damn! Am I hungry for this? She have no idea but her heart was beating so loud and fast that the older girl might hear it. And the smell of mint was making her crazy all over.

She parted her lips telling the older girl to go for it and again all she get as a response is a smile. And warm. It was so soft and warm. Nancy can't think straight, when will this torture end? She's teasing me!

 Yeonwoo made a space *much to Nancy's dismay* to look at the younger girl closing her eyes, tilted head and parted lips. Yeonwoo smiled. She slowly close the distance again and whispered "be mine" before kissing the girl fully in the lips.