IDDY

B & R (Black&Red)

That moment when you can actually feel the pain in your chest from seeing and hearing something that breaks your heart, it was terrible. So damn terrible but you can't do anything about it than to wish that you'll stop breathing just so you can stop feeling it.

 

Yeonwoo have alot of questions but what do you do when words fall flat and refused to be vocal? She don't even know what to feel first but what is there to feel when it was all pain?

Thankfully, Taeha asks what she also wants to know.

 

She don't want to hear it, but she needs to. Now she know that Nancy got involve in an accident and her bestfriend Erin died on the spot.

So that's why she cries when she whisper the name Erin sometimes in her sleep.

 

Nancy blamed herself. She got traumatized and run away from home. Jane also said that she and Nancy had a big fight weeks after the accident and she thinks it is also one of the reasons why she run away and never come back. Nancy's family have been looking for her and thankfully, because of that party they both attended, they found her.

 

Taeha asks, Nancy is too young to be engaged! The fiance answered them that she and Nancy were supposed to live in and get married when Nancy reach the age of 25.

 

When Yeonwoo said she didn't believe it, Jane told her that she will give her two weeks to take everything in and maybe ask Nancy about it. Jane will have some business abroad and will came back to get Nancy.

Unknowingly, the thought of Nancy being owned by anyone not her breaks her heart.

A week has been gone and that night at the bar where she had a fight with Nancy, she was crying and had been drinking the moment she leave the apartment. Once she makes sure she's sober and looks okay, that is only when she came back home.

 

At first she was mad at Nancy for hiding this from her. Jane seems to be telling the truth showing her all their pictures together. Yeonwoo, she's hurt, she's mad, and once again, she felt betrayed.
But she managed to keep it all to herself.


She did tried being cold to the girl and spending a little time with her but everytime Nancy kiss her and tell her how much she loves her, Yeonwoo lost it. She love her so much to be mad and hate her. She don't wanna lose, God, she want her so much but somebody already owned her.

 

How is it even possible that the person who makes you feel like dying everyday is also the very person who makes you feel alive? Because nobody, nobody can make her happier and sadder than Nancy.

 

Taeha never leave her side eversince that encounter. Asking what is she gonna do about it.

 

Yeonwoo put alot of thought about it. She wants to be selfish and just run away with Nancy where they couldn't find her but she's not that wicked. Atleast, she know how it feels to be left alone.

 

 Distracted by her thoughts that when her phone rings, she answer it without looking at the contact. It was already dark and the people awhile ago was already gone.

"Hello"

Sobs was all she heard from the other line.

"I miss you." It was faint but it was enough for Yeonwoo to know who it was. She knows her voice so much.

"Nancy!" Her heart beats fast.

"Yeonwoo. I miss you so much."

"Babe, I miss you too! Where are you?" She stands up from the bench like she was prepared to go wherever Nancy tells her where she is.

 

"Nancy. Are you okay? I'm sorry. I love you so much, please, tell me where are you?"

She receive no response from the other line.

"Baby please, I really need you here. Tell me where are you please? I miss you so much." She wearily plead.

"That's so sweet of you, Yeonwoo!"

 

Her eyes widen! She just heard a man's voice and it is not just any man, he knows her name!

Her grip on the phone tighten.

"Who are you? --who the are you?!"

"Easy babe, you know I like you when you're being feisty. It's Jay."

 

"Jay? Jay! Why do you have Nancy's phone? What have you done to her !?"

Jay laugh micking the girl in the other line.

"Isn't it obvious babe, she's with me."

"Don't you dare lay a finger even on her hair or else---"

"Or else what Yeonwoo? You must be forgetting something, i ing have your girl!"

Yeonwoo sigh, she have to be patient. He have Nancy! Jay must be having a deathwish messing up with her.

"Why are you doing this? Jay, let her go please."

"Oh look at that, the great Yeonwoo was begging at me. So rewarding."

 

"What do you want?!" Her voice was tired but dangerous.

It all just sink in to her, Nancy was kidnapped.

And there she thought Nancy was hiding or leave her for good when in fact, Nancy was being kidnapped! 
 

"YEONWOO NO!" she heard Nancy scream in the background. Her heart leaps, she misses her so much.
 

"Abandoned warehouse, today at 8. Go alone Yeonwoo, I'm warning you, don't get the police involve or this beautiful girl here........ --Yeonwoo no please, I'm fine--     will suffer." Yeonwoo closed her eyes.

Dammit!

___

Yeonwoo came at the old warehouse alone, she couldn't risk Nancy's safety by involving the police. The girl's safety is her main priority right now, heck she don't even care of what will happen to her.Maybe she can talk it out with Jay.

 

She entered timidly and scared but it is not the time to feel that, Nancy needs her.

The place was expectedly dark and silent Yeonwoo can hear her heartbeat loud and fast. You can obviously tell that the warehouse was long abandoned by all the dust and spider webs decorating it.

"Nancy."

She called out softly but loud enough to echo at the whole place. When she heard nothing, Yeonwoo called out again.

The light from the full moon is litting up the warehouse through its holed roofs, but nonetheless, it still give her shivers specially when the cold wind blows brushing against her clothed frame.

 

"Nancy, baby I'm here.''

Silence. 

"Nancy where are y--"

Before she can finish her words, Yeonwoo felt a sudden pain from the back of her head. She put her hands on it and her heart beats even faster when a thick liquid was now on her hands. She look around and found a shadow of a man albeit being dizzy.

Red. Red is all she saw before her world turns completely black.

-----------

Beads of sweat was falling all over her body, she's panting so hard and her breaths are heavy. The night is cold in her skin and the bustling sound of city was everywhere. Moon is full and the sky is beautifully decorated by the stars too. It could have been a beautiful night for her and Taeha.

Run, Yeonwoo, run!

Taeha. They got separated and she can still hear in her mind Taeha's last words before they run part ways.

 

Run!
And so she did.

 

She's running so hard yet she don't know what or who is chasing her. She just keep on running like her life would end if ever she stop. Suddenly, her surrounding slowly became blurred and the sounds are fading but the young Yeonwoo never stop running.

 

Yeonwoo!

 

Huh?

 

Yeonwoo,baby.

 

She can hear cries but where? She wants to shout Who is it? But nothing came out.

Yeonwoo wake up!

Her world was now pitch black. There is nothing around her except black. What is going on?

 

A cold water runs through her body along with a shout.

YEONWOO!

Her eyes flicked open and she gasp for air, panting.

She blink twice no thrice, adjusting to her environment.

It was a dream.

When Yeonwoo was finally able to undersand what's happening, her eyes falls to a beautiful woman infront of her. Is she dead? She's seeing an angel right now. A crying angel! Wait.

Nancy?

Her tears fall on it's own and she feel that familiar ache in her heart. The angel infront of her was sitting in a chair with her hands tied at the back and crying so hard that her pale with a mix of red face was streaming with tears. But she was still beautiful.

How can it be that both her dreams and reality is a nightmare?!

 

"Finally, I thought you're dead."

She hears a voice beside her, she gritted her teeth. She is about to attack him when she got pulled back.

! she hissed.

Yeonwoo's hands we're tied above her head, she was standing and Nancy was sitting infront of her. Yeonwoo look at her longingly.

"Nancy, it's okay." She console the crying girl but Nancy cried even more. She knows it's not okay! They are far from being okay! "Stop crying please babe. We're gonna be fine."

Yeonwoo close her eyes when the pain behind her head throb again. She got hit there and as she recalls, it was bleeding. Dammit, Yeonwoo just prays her brain won't be damaged after this.

"Let her go Jay, it was me you want right?" Jay laugh at her.

"But I want princess here to be an audience though." Jay walk to the side and return with a piece of wood in his hand smiling evily.

 

"I'm sorry I have to use this, I don't want to lay my filthy hands in your body great Yeonwoo but.." a sound of the wood against Yeonwoo's body echoed at the night. Nancy screams and Yeonwoo grunts in pain.

 

"How does it feel huh? Tell me how does it ing FEEL!" He batted again, this time hitting Yeonwoo's stomach.

 

Yeonwoo shouts in pain, her head hung low and only the rope tied in her hands above her was supporting her to stand up.

 

"Is it PAINFUL!" He hit again. Yeonwoo's back arch and she close her eyes. The pain she received was slowly becoming unbearable.

oh god! Let me live after this.

 

Nancy was struggling to get away from her  seat and help Yeonwoo but no matter how hard she tried, it was tied so tight. Yeonwoo is in so much pain and all Nancy can do is watch, beg and cry!

 

"It is RIGHT!?"
"AAAHHHH!!!"
"That's it, shout Yeonwoo! SHOUT!" He hit again aiming at Yeonwoo's legs.

"You ing killed my BROTHER!"

Nancy's eyes widen upon hearing it.

"And you watch me get beaten to a pulp.!"

"Aaahhhh!"

"Now tell me how it feels to be in my position and your princess in yours, HUH!"

He hit again.

"I know I will be so dead after this but atleast I got my revenge"

"Ahhhh!!"

"Your scream sounds so good babe."

"PLEASSEE STTOOPP ITT!!"

 

Jay ignored Nancy and hit Yeonwoo again and again and again.

 

Yeonwoo was hanging now, she cannot stand on her feet anymore. It is so painful, her whole body is in so much pain. She worries that she cannot walk again after this or worst, die in this spot.

She manage to lift her head up and look at Nancy. Nancy was crying so loud, pleading to stop and struggling in her seat. Her Nancy.

 

She feel the pain again in her abdomen. She coughed and blood came out from . She saw how Nancy's face turns into horror seeing the blood.

, this ain't good.

 

Blood was coming out from and her vision starts to blur, Jay's voice seems to fade in the background too.

She's fighting the pain and her eyes from closing. No she cannot lost her consciousness now, atleast not until Nancy was safe.

 

Yeonwoo wait for another hit but there was none. Her surroundings become hazy but despite the moving images infront of her, she was able to comprehend that their are alot of shadows lurking before she finally give up on her senses.

I cannot die like this.

                          *******************

 

"Why is she not awake yet?"  She heard whispering around her. "It's been 2 days!"

"We are doing few more tests on her, she got hit at the back of her head. Maybe her brain got affected."

"Maybe? I don't care about your ing maybe! You said she was fine!" The girl was frantic.

"We have to calm down miss, let's just wait for the results."

"I need her to wake up, please.Please wake her up."

 

The doctor approach and console her.

Slowly, she open her eyes and take in the all white corners. Why is it like it is the thing she always do this days, opening her eyes and adjusting to her environment.

"Nancy." She mutters under her breath.
Dammit, her body is sore. Her head is in pain.

 

On cue, Nancy runs to Yeonwoo and hug her. The latter almost shouts in pain but Nancy backs away remembering the situation her Yeonwoo was in. Her Yeonwoo. My Yeonwoo. She's so happy seeing her now, god, she missed her so much.

 

Soft whispers of sorry was being heard and Nancy softly her head, Yeonwoo smiles at her looking at the very person who color her world with pastels and rainbows from black and red. God. She loves her so much.

 

They were staring slash smiling at each other so long that they didn't know the doctor already left the room. Yeonwoo wants to hug the girl but her body won't allow her. Nancy frowns.

 

"Yah. How dare you sleep on me! You've been sleeping for two days, I was freaking out!"

2 days? Aist!

 

"Don't do that again. You scared me." The scowl was  now changed into a softier one.

"I'm sorry"

 

The young girl smiled at her when the door open abruptly creating a loud thud that both of them flinch, revealing a fuming Taeha.

 

Oh come on.

 

"Yaahh Lee Dabin!" Oh.

 

"Do you think you're Luffy or some hero huh? Going there alone you idiot! What if you end up like that guy you like, what's his name again? Whitebeard? Yeah. What if you end up like him, what am I gonna do you pabo ya?! Yah! Lee Dabin!"

 

"Ohh I'm listening Taeha-yah, I'm sorry okay. Im alive, here." She smiled sweetly at her while presenting herself.

 

"Ugh. I guess that thug didn't do much, I want to hit you too!"

Yeonwoo smirks, "you love me."

 

"You bet! But really Yeonwoo-ah, if BBoss didn't came, you might be a dead meat right no-"

 

"He came?" Yeonwoo was surprised. They're out of their care a long time ago.

Taeha sighed.

"Yes."

"Jay turn his back. Mafia's was asking BBoss to act or they will. Let's just say, you two got lucky that a member from another gang was there to steal. BBoss was so mad, he almost kill that damn guy!"

 

Yeonwoo shivers. Nancy not away from them was listening carefully taking everything but heck, she didn't understand a thing they're saying except the part where a few people came to help her and Yeonwoo.

 

"Ta.eha" Yeonwoo's voice broke. "He said I killed his bro-ther." Tears was clouding her vision and suddenly that night became so clear to her.

Taeha hold her hand, Nancy keep mum at the side.

 

"We've been over this, Yeonwoo. You didn't kill him, you save me and yourself."

 

Yeonwoo thought she got away from it but apparently not. It will keep coming back , haunting her. She ended a life and blood once cover her hands. She just sob.

 

Her head was aching until she came to view the woman she admires the most. Nancy don't deserve someone like her.

Taeha followed her gaze and landed at the young girl.

 

"I'll leave you two. Nayun was probably looking for me now." She excused herself.

Nancy approached her again and hold her hand, she avoid her gaze.

 

"Yeonwoo, do you need anything?" Nancy said softly, Yeonwoo shakes her head.

"I just want to rest."

The young girl sigh. Yeonwoo hear but choose to ignore it. She close her eyes and turn her back against Nancy bearing the pain silently.

I don't deserve you. my reality is not for someone like you.

-------------

 

Nancy was in the bathroom when Yeonwoo's phone rings. She have been in this four cornered empty room for 5 days, including the day she was asleep.

"Hello."

"Yeonwoo, this is Jane."

 

She frown immediately.

"Oh?" She anxiously slip.
"So you've heard about it? Your spies are really doing their job well."

 

"Yeonwoo, I'm getting her this Sunday."

"Well ofcourse." Yeonwoo laugh sarcastically. "What makes you think I will give her to you?"

 

"She don't deserve this, she deserve bett-"

"You aren't the one to decide what she deserves!"

 

Yeonwoo ended the call and turn her phone off.

Nancy came out from the bathroom with fresh clothes. She smiled at Yeonwoo but the girl look away.

 

She felt it, Nancy is not dumb not to know that Yeonwoo have been ignoring her the past days after the incident. She missed her so much but couldn't do anything. 

maybe it is because of the medicine.

 

She sigh. It is the constant thing she's been doing these days, sighing.

 

"Are you hungry? I bought frui-"

"I want to go home."

"Yes we will when the doc-"

 

" it! I said I want to go home!" Yeonwoo raising her voice shocked Nancy that she accidentally cut her fingers for she was holding a knife peeling an apple. Blood came out.

Red. She close her eyes.

 

"Yeonwoo we will go hom-" she try but was cut again.

"Which of I-want-to-go-home didn't you understand?!"

 

Nancy snapped. She throw the knife at the wall making a distinctive sound.

 

"Yeonwoo, why are you doing this?"

She faced the laying girl. It feels like yesterday they we're missing each other and suddenly Yeonwoo became cold, ignoring her.

 

"Why are you doing this to me? Why are you pushing me away again!?"

Crying would be so appropriate right now but no, there is no tears left to cry. 

 

"Are you afraid that I will change knowing you killed someone, well if it makes you feel better, I killed someone too and it is my ing bestfriend!"

"No it's not like that."

"Then what is it?!"

"Why do I always have to tiptoe around you Yeonwoo, why are you holding it against me? Say what you want to say!"

"Nanc-"

"Goodmorning ladie--s .. oh?"

 

"Yeonwoo if you're tired I am too. And if you want to give up on us, I'm sorry but I won't." She left the room completely ignoring Taeha who was still stuck on the door.

 

"What was that?" Taeha approach the Yeonwoo whose fighting her tears from falling down.

"Why do you have to be such a Yeonwoo?!"

"Jane called."

 

"Yeah and by the looks of it you already decided on giving up on her. Didn't you hear her, she's willing to fight for you!"

 

"Then what am I gonna do Taeha! What am i gonna ing do! It is not easy for me too, you know! Dammit. I love her so much!"

"Then fight for her."

 

Yeonwoo aggresively wipes her tears with her hands. Why can't they just be happy? When she finally found her serendipity, why do destiny have to it up?

 

"What is there left to fight? You know I already lose."

 

"Atleast try. Yeonwoo, can't you see it? If it is true that Jane is her fiance then why am I seeing Nancy so happy with you?"

 

"We both know she's trying to escape from her past."

"Then be her escape."

Yeonwoo meet Taeha's eyes. It was the very same eyes she feel inlove with and the same eyes who hurt her. Yet, these eyes was so calming, her solace, her escape. Before.

"But I am not a safe haven."

 

And she feel so defeated knowing Nancy will never be safe with her.

Taeha hug her, her back.

 

"Can you atleast stop being mean to her. If you have really decided, then cherish her for the remaining time."

 

Taeha understand Yeonwoo so much that she will do the same thing if she was in her bestfriend's position. She smiled sadly against Yeonwoo's head.

 

"Make her feel your love, Yeonwoo-ah."

I can try right?

 

The girl beneath her nods and sob at the same time, Taeha pats her back

.

"Aaahh. Why is your life so dramatic. Can't you atleast have a good laugh in this story. Pathetic."

 

Yeonwoo playfully hit her.

 

"It was because of you, you started it you idiot. If you didn't hurt me back then, things might be a little better you know."

 

Taeha laugh. Yeonwoo's tone is so playful, there is no hint of blaming though Yeonwoo was clearly blaming her.

 

"If I didn't hurt you, we would still be stuck in the same process. You wouldn't found passion in playing with drinks, you wouldn't have your own business, your own life. You will not meet Nancy and of course, I wouldn't be engage to Nayun now."

 

Yeonwoo nods her head but scoff at the last part.

 

"Tss. Your crazy with that asshat."

"Yeah, I love that asshat."

"Tsss."

 

"Speaking of that asshat, I can clearly feel her boring holes with her eyes at us right now."

 

Yeonwoo gasp.

"She's with you?" Taeha nods.

They immediately broke the hug and look at the glaring Nayun with her hands crossed against her chest leaning at the doorframe while tapping her feet.

"This is so sweet, I think I am getting diabetes just by watching you two!" She look so pissed.

 

"Oh ." They both muttered.