Figment

B & R (Black&Red)

I want to update as I still can. Busy days are ahead and I don't want to leave the story in this state. Anyways... thank you for reading.

 

****


"Where is she, love?"

"I don't know. I'm calling her."

Taeha inform Nayun. She don't understand why Nayun is so eager of having Yeonwoo in this one week event.

Yup, they'll be in this island for a week along with the other successful and young enterpreneurs. Everything that will be earned in this event is for charities. People who succeeded need to give back.

"Hell-"


"Where the are you, ?!"

Nayun stole the phone from her and you all know what happen next. Nayun and Yeonwoo is like water and oil, they don't mix.



"Dammit, calm your tard! I am on my ing way!"

A sound of jet's engine can be heard on Yeonwoo's side. Taeha can hear Yeonwoo's scream slash answer. She roll her eyes.


"You better make it before tonight or else I'll knock you out again, you ."

"I'll try okay, it's not like I am the one who was freaking driving this boat you idiot."


Taeha take the phone away from Nayun before the two can say every synonyms of stupid and other profanities.


"You guys are so sweet, you have alot of nicknames for each other already. Anyways, see you later Yeonwoo. If you couldn't make it this afternoon, we'll text you the venue tonight."

Knowing it's already 2 in the afternoon and Yeonwoo still have to travel for like 4 hours.


" 'kay fine! You guys are pressures. I'm hanging up. I love you motherers!"


Taeha laughs as she throw her phone to the bed. They are currently in their hotel room right now.

What's fascinating on this island is they have everything you can see in normal places. It's actually like a city. A city in an island.


"She better make it."

Taeha glance at Nayun. She raise her brow.


"Why do you want Yeonwoo to be here so bad?"

She's not jealous, God, she'll never be jealous of Yeonwoo and Nayun like heck, there is really no chance at all. But Taeha is curious.


Nayun just look at her with an amuse smile.

"She'll be having a second shot with destiny."


Taeha was even more confuse now.

"What'd you mean?"

"Jane's here, love."

Uh oh.

Taeha suddenly hype up. I mean, she can't help but to be excited, it's been a year! 

And she mirror the same smile Nayun was flaunting when the girl says.


"And so is Nancy."


Oh my god! Taeha thought.

Surely she'll be seating front sit of this meeting again.


"And guess what?"


"What?"


Nayun just smile at her. Oh come on!

There's more? Wtheck!

And why is Nayun being such a y cliff-hanger today? Argghh seriously?!



******


"Are we late?" Nancy ask Jane anxiously after she finished dressing up.

Nayun had to catch her breath after seeing the young girl.

Do Nancy always have to sweep her off of her feet like that? I mean... come on, Jane is so smitten!


"You're specially ravishing tonight, darling." Nancy playfully hit her.



"You're drop dead gorgeous yourself. Now are we late?"

Jane look at her watch.


"Nope, actually I still have 10 more minutes to admire and fall in love with you all over again."

Nancy sneer. Why is Jane being like this? Nancy will never get used to this sappiness of Jane.


Jane chuckle at Nancy's reaction. She takes Nancy's hands and walk her to the car. They were wearing masks.


10 out of 30 successful and young entrepreneurs will be revealed tonight and it will be a masquerade party themed. Jane likes it. Atleast no one will admire Nancy's beauty, just her.


"I'm having possesive thoughts." She admitted.

"I know." Nancy smile at her and it immediately send her over the moon.

She lock her fingers with the girl. Nancy's smile really changes everything. She'll do everything to keep that smile in Nancy's beautiful face.


They arrive and ushered to a designated table. The ballroom hall was designed with fancy materials, it was cozy and shimmering. The chandelier above was shouting expensiveness and infront is a stage with 5 seats, now they wonder what was that for.

Everyone was in their best and refined selves and masks on. 30 young entrepreneurs as well as other guests are here tonight.


Wine was offered, Nancy and Jane make a toss and Jane was not letting Nancy's hands go.


"I'm not going anywhere Jane."

"That's great." She pretended not to understand the meaning behind the phrase, Jane just really like holding the young girl's hand.

Nancy was about to counter-attack when the program started. She just let Jane hold her hands and focused on the host.


"Good evening ladies and gentlemen....."


The program continues that Nancy starts to get bored. Events like this really bored her. She hates staying still, listening about business talks like can they already reveal this year's top 10 and end the night? She miss sleep.


Playing with the food infront of her seems more interesting than listening to the mc's. She stop listening awhile ago and starts thinking about other things that she really lost track of what they are saying.

She was in the middle of her thoughts when one of the lights was directed to her. It was so bright that Nancy have to blink a few times before adjusting to the brightness.

She feel Jane's hold on her tighten. Nancy look at her and saw Jane's clenching her teeth while muttering profanities.

What the heck is going on? Why is everyone's attention on her? Did she win or something but if she win, Jane should be happy right? Why is Jane more like angry right now?


One of the host approach Nancy, smiling widely.


"Guess the lighting staff have good eyes, she's obviously gorgeous even with the mask on."


The host commented and Nancy never feel so lost.


"I'm sorry but she's not available." Jane told the host and Nancy was left there, still confused.


"Oh we know everyone here as well as their information so..." the host turn to her again.

"Miss, shall we?"


Nancy found herself nodding and was about to follow the host when Jane didn't let go of her hand.

"Nancy." Jane sternly called her. Nancy have to argue with Jane before so that the girl will start calling her by the name Nancy.

"What?"


"But it's for a week."

A week what? What about it?

"I know."

Yup, Nancy already knows they will stay here for a week. What's the matter with that?

She saw pain cross Jane's eyes even with the mask. Jane let her go and she's now overly confused. What did she do? Why is Jane hurt?


The host drag her still wondering and the next thing she know, she was sitting in the chair and was facing a crowd of refined people.

She sit on the 5th chair and saw 2 gentleman and 2 ladies sitting on the other chairs too.

Nancy look around and saw Jane looking at her intently. The host start speaking again and then it dawn her.


Holy ! What did she get herself into?!


Why is she in the middle of....


"Since they're complete and as you all can see they are dazzling right?" The crowd cheer.

"Now we will finally start the bidding. Wooohh"


A bidding? Wtf.


"Chair no.1, please take off your mask."

Nancy's mouth was open while the hall was filled with shrieks and screams when she finally realized what she did.

So that's why Jane was hurt? What the hell, what the hell did I do!


She look at Jane, apologetically and pleading the girl to save her. Jane give her a nod and a smile. Wait? Did they just communicate through telepathy?

But nonetheless, she feel a little secure from Jane's warm smile.


"50 million. Anyone want's to go higher? No one? No one? Alright! Chair 4 is for table 8. Staff's will enlighten you about the rules and process. Now we have her Chair No.5"


Nancy has been cursing in her mind throughout the whole auction process.

First, she's getting dizzy from all the money they are giving. Seriously? It's freaking millions!



Second, are they goods or product? Why does she feel like being sold? And third, why is she even here!?


Nancy's been looking at Jane and Jane never take her eyes off of Nancy. She want to go up there, take Nancy but she will cause a ruckus. The only thing she can do now is to be the highest bidder.


"Please take off your mask."

Pressured, Nancy did what's told and a loud screams from both lads and lass was heard. She blinks and look around, well atleast only young people we're here. She don't have to deal with fat , old and ert business man.


"Wow, the cheers was over the roof. Miss Nancy is really gorgeous."


"Miss Nancy placed 12 in the rankings. As you all can see, she's perfect as she is. Now, for the first bidder?"

"50 million!" The guy from the left side shouted.

"Wow, it's already high! Anyone want to top 50 million?"

Nancy was shaking, her hands are cold and fidgety. What will happen after this? What if Jane didn't get her? As she know, Jane was in 5th rank. What about the 4th,3rd,2nd, and 1st? Damn, she don't want to be molested by anyone!



Why is there even an event like this?!! What's wrong with this world?!


"80 million." Jane shouted and Nancy calm a little.

"100 million!" A girl in the middle shouted. Wtf everyone, stop wasting money!

"120 million!" The guy from the other side again.


Jane thought she have to keep on bidding.

"150 million."

"200 million."

Nancy is getting nervous, Jane cannot go the far.

"220 million"

"250.."

"280.."

"300.."

Nancy feels like crying seeing Jane fighting for her against the woman in the middle.


Nancy know's Jane shouldn't give that much money, Jane have some new business going on and she needed all the money she have for it to be successful. But there it is, Jane's fighting for her.


"Oooh.. table 5 and 1 are competing intensely."

"320.."

She hates the event, she hates being so dumb awhile ago, she hates the host for thinking like it's fun being sold and she hates the woman in the middle for bidding high. Jane.. Jane is fighting for her.

"350.."

! ! Jane cursed. This is the highest she can. She can fight for Nancy against the top1 but she have all her money on her new business. Jane is shaking.


Nancy mouthed her to stop and Jane feel so defeated. Nancy was sad but she knows Jane couldn't go any further. She's thankful she fought for her but Jane need to stop. She smile at the girl and mouthed here "it's okay, it'll only be for a week."

But Jane want to give it a last shot.

"380.." The crowd was in awe. And Nancy's lid was becoming wet now.

Stop, Jane.


"500 million!" The woman in the middle screamed and the host jumped happily.


That's half a billion! For christ sake!



"Wow this is really intense. Table 5, want to go higher?"


Jane look at her apologetically. She saw sadness in those eyes. She sweetly smile at her and tell her it's okay.


Jane.



"No? Alright we have Table 1 as the highest bidder. 500 million. Close! The staff will explain the rules and questions you have Miss Nancy. Now please go to Table 1."



Nancy was ushered and she look at Table 1.

There is three people in there, 1 of them was the bidder and other 2. The girl in black and white dress seems so familiar and weirdly it was looking at her.
Did they met before?


She exhaled as she hopes it wouldn't be that bad. I mean, they're girls. She wouldn't get pregnant or something if anything happens right? But what if they'll set her with some guys for fun?

What the hell is she even thinking!

oh god.
***


"Oh , come on!" Yeonwoo cursed so loud when she look at the time in her wrist watch. She's finished dressing and all but she was so late and this time, Nayun will really kill her.


She can clearly remember how Nayun's punch feels like a year ago.

There's a havoc in her restaurant. Hyebin saying some sense, Jooe sobbing, Taeha arguing with the authorities and she's crying with Nancy's thought in her mind while looking at the restaurant.


Nancy.


Nayun came and call her name. Before she can even react, she hold her breath and her world immediately stop spinning when a punch landed on her face.


Last thing she remember is a blood in her nose and Taeha was screaming at Nayun. She woke up in the hospital bed and that punch become her eye opener. From that day on, she slowly start making things right.

She's grateful of Nayun and Taeha and now that she's so late, she know she will be so dead.


She got out of the car quickly and was half walking half running getting inside the hall, she almost tripped!

 

Why does she have to wear heels? She's already tall she's almost towering all the ladies here.

But sneakers will not look good on long black dress right?


Yeonwoo got people's attention as she made her way to the table. She sit beside Taeha, breathing heavily and sweats bead in her forehead. She wipe it and Taeha look at her with wide eyes.


"What?"

"Why are you so late Yeonwoo?"

She was about to defend herself when Nayun speaks up.

"And where the is your mask?!"

Crap!

She left it in the room. Yeonwoo knows something is missing and of all, why does it have to be her mask?! So that's why she got alot of attention earlier?


"Oh that, I think I left it in the room. And please spare my life, I'm sorry I'm late okay?"

Yeonwoo answered as she signed the papers Nayun motioned her to sign without reading it, I mean, Nayun won't do anything stupid to harm her right? Specially she's so well-known here.


"But I hope I'm not missing anything, you're still first Nayun right?"


She's praying hard but strange is she don't see a devil-possesed Nayun right now. Nayun nod at her calmly and that makes her scared even more.

Is it a sign that she have to run for her life?



Yeonwoo look around the table and now she knows why Nayun was calm, there is someone sitting infront of her. She roll her eyes.

What a show-off. Probably this girl sitting infront of me is something like bigtime for Nayun to behave like this.


"Oh we have some company? Who is she?" Yeonwoo asks Nayun and Taeha but all she got as a response is a mix of emotions Yeonwoo can't put words.

Why are they acting strange? Who is this short-haired, feminine and obviously gorgeous woman even with the mask on?

Yeonwoo look at the girl intently until her gaze fall on the girl's lips.


Those lips are familiar.

 



She spotted the mole on the girl's upperlips and Yeonwoo froze.


No. No she can't be.



Nancy saw her. She saw her entering the hall and how she attracted alot of attention. And how Nancy wants to poke those eyes admiring her. She's wants to be possesive but sadly she can't do that anymore.

 

Then she feel it again, the same familiar beating of her traitor heart.


Yeonwoo's still beautiful and Nancy was amazed how the room suddenly lights up when the girl enter. Still radiant.

 

Damn, it's the same face she's seeing in her dreams and wanted to see the most but it is also the same face she badly want to forget.


Her heart just reached flatline when the girl sit infront of her, panting and sweating. Their eyes meet and Nancy wish this isn't real. The girl infront of her is just a pigment of her imagination.



"Who is she? Taeha? Nayun? Anyone?" Yeonwoo asks the people whom now Nancy knows.

So that's why they are familiar? It's Nayun and Taeha. And how can Nancy forget that Nayun is first!



The girl look at her and Nancy look at her back, getting lost at those hazel orbs again. Yeonwoo's always breath-taking.

God she miss her so much!



Tears brims in her eyes as she can't fake the longing she feel. She can feel her heart. The love, the pain, every feelings that she tried to bury in it's deepest pits. She's feeling it now, when she thought she already forgot.



Nancy hold her breath before a sob can escape and the girl look at her with wide eyes as Yeonwoo now realize who is she.


Yeonwoo.

"Nancy.."

It was so soft that Nancy sob at the girl calling her name again. 

 

No, it is not her imagination playing tricks on her, it's real. She's real.

 

Yeonwoo is really here.