T.M.I

B & R (Black&Red)


"I'll be on my room". A sound of chair against the tiled floor was heard before Nancy emerge from her seat.


"But you didn't eat anything,sweetie. It would be a shame to left your food untouched."

"I'm not hungry." She turn her back.


"Jewel, please... listen to your father." Jane's voice was gentle, it was pleading.


Nancy stop on her tracks.


"If I am remembering it correctly, my father disown me publicly a long time ago."


Nancy face her father with a smirk.


"Now can I go to my room, sir?!"


She didn't wait for the man's response as she take the stairs going to her room.
 

It's still vivid in her memory.

 

After the accident, she was so lost and brokenhearted knowing Erin died. She thought she can rely on him but no, he push her away!


And now it confuses her that when he finally get rid of her, why would he want her back?



She open the sliding glass door to the balcony of her room.

Cold wind blows as she admire how the sky is so full of stars tonight.

She's back to the place she was trying to run away from, how strange is that?

She is living a luxurious life yet it wasn't comforting at all. She's missing that one comfort from somebody's arms. Her home with a pair of eyes and a heartbeat.


I miss you.


She let the tears fall.


It's been awhile but the wound is still there, fresh,deep and damn painful!


She hug herself but a piece of cloth falls onto her shoulder, arms made it's way to her waist as she feel the warmth of another body behind her.


"What are you doing? Let me go."


Nancy tried to untangle herself but the hug tighten.


"No, I won't."


She can feel the person's heart beating so fast against her back.

Nancy's suppose to feel flattered, she just made someone else's heart race. But all there is to feel at this moment is the comfort in somebody's embrace.


"Not when you are crying again."


She needed this, Nancy badly needed this that she didn't realize it until now. She lean closer to the body being fully aware of the warmth it is giving. Sobs and weeps are heard and Jane firmly hug the vulnerable girl.


"H--ow can someone jus-t, not be there an--ymore?"


Nancy misses Yeonwoo. So damn much!

Jane kiss the back of her head. She understand Nancy's pain. And she planned to be there until Nancy will get over that pain.


It's okay if you are thinking of someone else's right now, as long as your in my arms again. I'm happy with that.

*****************


The light outside the window peeks into the room waking Nancy up from the slumber.

She yawn as she sit up on her bed feeling the sleepiness still kicking in her system. Her eyes we're halfclosed as she pouts, rubbing her eyes gently.


A chuckle echoed in the room and Nancy swears she almost fell out of her bed.


What the heck!


"Good morning princess, sorry for startling you, you're just really so cute when you do that."


Nancy rolled her eyes on the compliment.
She brush her messy hair.


"How long have you been standing there? Are you watching me sleep?"


"Uhh you feel asleep in my arms last night and really didn't want me to go."

! She did that? Ugh.


Jane approach her and Nancy just notice the tray she's holding.


"Don't think about it too much. Anyways, breakfast in bed, baby."


Baby. Baby. It doesn't sounds right from Jane's mouth anymore.


She glare at the woman who was now sitting at the edge of the bed, smiling at her.

That smile.

It used to be Nancy's favorite part of the day, seeing Jane's smile. But things change now.


"You don't have to do this."


Jane smile faded for awhile but the girl manage to find it again.

Nancy see that slight pain pass on Jane's eyes and she feel a little tuck in her heart. Damn, it's been awhile. Why is Jane having an effect on her now?


"But I want to do this. For you." Those are sincere words from the older girl. Jane may not be that affectionate and touchy but she was expressive.



It's hard to admit this specially when your being sulky but Nancy is really hungry and the smell from the food Jane brought isn't helping her growling stomach. Shamelessly, she took the tray and eat it, ignoring Jane on the process.



"Staring is rude."


"Can't help it, you're really pretty."

Aist, she know that the older girl is teasing her. How can she be pretty with disheveled hair and morning breath? maybe their's even a dried saliva in the corners of but she don't care. She's not trying to impress anyone.


"I miss you. So much."

Before Nancy can react, she felt a pair of lips against hers. She froze.


A chaste kiss. Brief yet pure.


Her expression become livid and she look at Jane with fury in her eyes.


"What the are you doing?!"


Crap!

"Uuhh.. I-im sorry I d-"

"Get out."

"Pleas-"

"I said get out!"

"Bab-"

"Get.the..out!"



"That's it!" Jane snap. Her eyes starting to water. Jane is trying, she's damn trying!

"Why are you so cruel!?"
"Why are you doing this?!"


Nancy can't believe what she just heard. Really? Her?


She laugh like a mad person.


"Cruel? Are you hearing what you are saying Jane? How dare you say I'm cruel!"


Jane grab her own hair in frustation, she let out a deep breath trying to relax.


"Baby please. I know I hurt you but I am trying to make it up for you. What do you want me to do?! , why don't you give me another chance."


What? Wow this is making Nancy crazy!


"You think it's that easy?!"

"You think that's it?! Huh. You ing made me hate myself Jane, you made me hate myself before!"


"Then tell me what to do for you to forgive me?"


It's hurting her too! Seeing Jane cry.


She was once Nancy's everything and they shared good memories together through the years. Maybe Nancy is cruel, the girl was so nice to her eversince she came in this place. Comforting her, cooking for her, taking care of her, doing everything just for her to be comfortable again in it's presence but no, she hates her.

She hates Jane for doing those things to her before. She hates Jane for breaking her heart. And she hates Jane even more for taking her away from Yeonwoo just when she starts believing in fairytales again.


"Get out."


"Why won't you give me another chance? Why? Because you have Yeonwoo now? What the Nancy, why are you still forcing it! Yeonwoo don't love you, can't you see it?! She gave you up easi-"


"GET OUT!" The harsh sound of stainless against the tiled floor was heard as Nancy throw away the tray and the food scattered all over. She put her hands unto her face, crying helplessly.


A sudden guilt pass Jane's heart. She tried to approach the young girl but Nancy push her away.


"GO AWAY!" Jane defeatedly look at Nancy. With a heavy heart, she step out of the room after saying sorry to her one more time.


Truth hurts but Jane was right. Yeonwoo gave her up.


*****************



"She have to know." Nancy feel the tension in the living room as she was going down the stairs.


An eerie silence engulfs after they saw her. Nancy scan the place and was finally able to smile when she saw her other bestfriend among the people in there.


"Ahin?"


Ahin run to her and jump on Nancy for a really really tight hug, Nancy thought she'll die.


"It's you. It's really you, God I miss you."


"Yeah.yeah.. me too, me too. I miss you too. Now let me go l, aghh your hugs are suffocating." She was laughing and she even laugh more when she saw Ahin's expression of half laughing and half crying.



"Wow, she was never that happy when she saw me." Ahin just stick her tongue out to Jane.


Ahin look at Nancy's father and she became serious again.


"I'll tell her." Nancy was confuse but then she tailed Ahin to their garden. Surely, it is a private talk.


When Ahin close the door behind them, she give Nancy her infamous deadly glare.


"Oh . Still bipolar."


"Yah Lee Seungri!" Uh?

"How dare you run away like that and leave me you ! I was mourning because I lost Erin and my other ing bestfriend run away too! Yah, you should've atleast take me with y-----Ouch McDonie!''


"Language lady. Act professional will you!"

Ahin eyes became wider.

"You knew?"


"Ofcourse Atty. Lee Ahin. I never forget you at all."


It was true. She even told a story about her once to Yeonwoo when the girl ask if Nancy have friends. She told her story with Ahin but not about Erin and how she wants Ahin and Yeonwoo to meet someday.


Ahin was young to be an attorney but why not? Her parents are both in the field and Ahin is really smart.


"But still you shouldn't run away like that!"


Nancy chuckles.


"No, I won't do it again. Now please forgive me?"


"Only when you tell me who is that girl with you in the party." Nancy feel a lump in and pain in her heart.


"She's really hot and beautiful, god. Her smirk was featured too. Who is she?"


"Yeonwoo.." Nancy barely whisper. Ahin was waiting for her to continue but when she saw Nancy struggle with words, she immediately change the topic. They're bestfriend for a reason.


"Okay. Anyways, I want you to look at it."

She handed Nancy the papers while she was still having cloudy thoughts of Yeonwoo and it vanished instantly when she saw Erin's name and other words that was medical related. She look at Ahin for some explanation.


"That idiot knows she'll die."


What?


"She's sick, it's a heart disease she have since birth. Her parents hide it since they're well-known in the field and they don't want their enemies to use Erin as their weakness. They kept it a secret until Erin was 12 in which her parents died in an accident and she was left in your parents care."

Erin...


"Erin hide it from everyone and endure it's sudden attacks by herself, she take various medications and pills. Her last visit with her physician is 1 week before you two got into an accident and it was not good. She's not getting better. Death is just around the corner for her. Doctors who examined her says Erin could've survive the crash but it was her heart who failed her."


Nancy feel so guilty. She remember all those times she hated Erin.


Since she came to the family, the spotlight was all on her. Her father treat her better than Nancy and she hated Erin for it. But Erin was so kind that not long after, they go along well. Unfairness was still there but she don't blame Erin for it, but her father. He spoil Erin but Erin spoil her.

Erin was older than her. Her parents and Nancy's father we're bestfriends. It was good to actually have Erin, she became Nancy's bestfriend and older sister since Nancy's mother died when she was young.



"And she visited me in my dreams telling me that you should stop being guilty."

Nancy glare at Ahin. What was that? That was so unneeded right now.


She roll her eyes as she know Ahin was making up stories. Ahin laugh at her.


"But really, Erin won't be happy with you blaming yourself. Stop it Jewel. Or should I call you Nancy instead? That name sounds a little cringy than Jewel."


Nancy is the name created by Erin for her when people used to call her Jewel. Erin thinks it is sappy too but Nancy likes the name Jewel specially coming from Jane's mouth. She got used of Nancy and it is the name she used back then on streets and also... Yeonwoo knows her by that name.

She nods at Ahin.


"Really? I'll call you Nancy from now on then and also, you should really stop being guilty. It's not your fault."


"It is my fault."

Ahin sigh. "Whatever stubborn"




"Anyways, Erin wants you to have this."


Her eyes almost fall off their sockets as Ahin handed her the other papers.
Wth!


"Erin parents are successful and death threats aren't surprising. They made a will for Erin before they died in an accident and Erin wrote one for you. All their properties was now entitled to you Nancy." Ahin briefly explain and she knows Nancy isn't that dumb not to get it.


"What?" She just can't believe what she's hearing and seeing right now.

Damn Erin.

"Yup, your a super rich biatch."


"B-but why would she do this?"


"Apparently, she knows she's dying and you are the only person she can trust. She don't really trust your father."


How is she going to accept all this things? No she can't! This is too much information.


"I'm sorry for saying this but I think this is also the reason why your father was dying to find you. He knows about this."


Nancy smirks. Ofcourse her father would do that. Her father wouldn't be too nice to a useless Nancy!


"B-but Ahin, I -- I can't accept this"


"Not pressuring you and all, but think about this thoroughly Nancy, you don't have to decide immediately. You're still young."



"Coming from someone whose old." Nancy roll her eyes. "You're really a professional now. I'm so proud of you."


"Thanks. Anyway, I have to go. I'm a busy woman now." Nancy laugh at her, denying the things she just knew.


"Oh by the way, go easy on Jane. She don't really look that good when i came in awhile ago. She's so down and guilty when you run away, she actually lost the first spot now." And Nancy clearly remember Nayun getting that spot.


"And I will wait until you tell me about that Yeonwoo girl." Ahin winks at her.



"Aist. You haven't change at all. Just leave already."


Nancy push Ahin until they pass the living room where only Jane was left sitting, obviously waiting for them.


"Oh hi there again Jane. The three of us should really hangout sometimes. I'm missing the karaoke. Remember that karaoke place? Where Nancy confessed her love for you in a microphone? Ahhh, I miss that place."


Jane laughs at Ahin's remark. Ofcourse, how could Jane forgot that day? It was her happiest!


"Aist Ahin. Just leave already." Ahin was laughing when Nancy completely push her outside and close the door.


Nancy faces Jane and glare at her.


"Stop smiling." And headed upstairs while pouting.


Jane smiled as she see a glimpse hope in having Nancy back.


Stupid Jane. Nancy thought.





"Dinner is ready." Jane is trying not to look at Nancy. She feel so bad for what she did, but can anyone blame her? She miss Nancy so much.


"You're so stupid." It was barely audible but it didn't escape Jane's ears.


"What?"


"How can you lose the first spot? Are you out of your mind Jane? You and your parents work so hard for it!"


Nancy can clearly remember how Jane ended their relationship because of her reputation to keep.


"You're more impor-"


"What kind of excuse is that?" Nancy rose up from her bed and face her angrily.

Jane was so amuse, she should be feeling intimidated or somehow scared but she was so amused and happy right now.


She's sure about it now, Nancy still cares for her!


"Do you think it will make me feel better with that reason? What the hell Jane, I feel so ing worst right now." Nancy and her series of profanities.


Jane thought Nancy changed alot. From the modest, sweet and elegant girl to the Nancy now, she changed alot.

But that doesn't change the amount of love she have for her. Jane will wait, patiently wait until Nancy will be able to love her again.


"Come on Jane, stop smiling!"


"Am I being scolded?"


"I'm dead serious here woman."



Jane take a step closer and hug Nancy, caressing her hair softly. Nancy didn't fight this time but her breaths was still heavy.



"You're really here. It's okay I am still on the top 10 though. I can get it back, I just... I just really want you to be here with me."



Nancy roll her eyes and hug Jane back. Jane almost lost it when she feels Nancy hugging her back.


"Whatever. You still like invading people's personal space."


A content smile form on the taller girls lips.

It is always different with Nancy.


*****

 

Oh let me love my bias, Jane. Js :)