Sweetdream in a Nightmare

B & R (Black&Red)

"That guy in Blacksuit wants you to have this." Daisy shoving that Dry Martini in my place. I look at the guy and he winked at me. Disgusting! Mr. Chui is an old, fat, nasty, -clutching businessman. I rolled my eyes.

 Its tiring.

 I took the Martini and walk boldly to where he is sitting. I made sure that there is a fair space between us before drinking the Martini he gave without breaking our eye contact. Witnesses around shouts and clap their hands in amusement.

Hungry predators thinking they can have me as their prey. Huh.

That's my girl." the old man said.

I show him the empty glass and took his wallet, get some dollars, return the wallet to his pocket and whispers: I think I deserve this.

Show him my sweetest smile and made sure I winked before leaving his area. I heared cheers but I didn't care, I've done my part.

"That's badass." Daisy said as I return back.

"It comes with experience." she shrugged.

I've been in this since I can't remember when. I am an orphan but I didn't grow up in an orphanage nor in streets. I grow up in an abusive relatives custody. I learned life the hardway! I've learn to stand on my own since I was 13 but I leave the house at 18, for all legal reasons.

I know how the world turns, atleast for somebody like me who have been through hell and made it out there. I live on my own but I don't consider myself lonely just because I am alone. Actually, life is better that way.

"Give me your hardest drink" a girl infront of me commanded.

I obliged. I work my spells and presented her the Sangria. It wasn't the hardest drink and I haven't seen the customer but as what I heard, it sounds like a young girl on her 18 maybe. But Sangria can still knock you out.

"Here is your drink" damn she's beautiful!

So she's the reason why I heared whistles earlier. I looked around us and I'm right. Hungry predators.Tss.

She take the glass and look at me. Shes wearing a blackjacket and maybe a black pants too. Typical rebellious teens attire it is. But nonetheless, she's beautiful. She's like a sweetdream in this nightmare-like place. You can get lost at her stares, and I think.. I'm lost.

 

For what seems like a staring contest, Yeonwoo break the chain and go back to her work.

Thats a beautiful bartender. Nancy thought so.

She was watching the beautiful bartender doing wonders in those drinks for other customers. Admiring how her stoic facial expression suits her ily and those lips, damn, her red lipstick is telling me she's a bad news. A bad news worth risking for.

"Here is your drink" Yeonwoo said to the man beside the girl whose stares are boring holes in her system. She can see the girl in her peripheral looking intently at her and its not helping her rational self.

The alcohol is kicking in. She remembered that she took the Martini awhile ago. Even so, she continue doing her spells on those drinks the customer ordered.

Lucky beverages. Nancy on the other hand thought. Unlike her. She can still hear those voices in her head.

"You killed my daughter!" " I'm sorry but I dont want to have a relationship with a murderer." " You are the blacksheep in this family! You only bring badluck you worthless brat!" " I wish I didn't have a daughter like you.""It should have been you who died instead of Erin, your useless!"  " Life would have been better if you were not born". "You killed Erin, you killed her!"      "Two students we're involve in a car accident this morning at 4am. The driver was known to be drunk while driving and is now recovering in Seoul Hospital while her friend was reported dead on the spot!" "Erin..Erin? Erin its Nancy! Im okay, Erin wake up.. no. No no no..Erin pleasee.. wake up! Erin! You can't do this to me, pleasee.. ERINNNNN!!"

 "Easy with the shots." Nancy flinched as she heard the voice that bring her back to her senses. She already consumed 8 glasses of whatever she's drinking.

That was fast. She thought.

"You're holding the glass like you're going to break it. The management wouldn't be happy with that idea." Yeonwoo kiddingly told the girl.

She noticed that the girl was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't mind her drinking state. She can tell that the girl was drunk yet so composed and calm. That's a good sign, right? And why on earth does she care?.

"Whuo are shyou.. thelling meh whhat to dooo-huh?" Nancy didn't know why but suddenly her world was blur and moving. 

The young bartender sighed, her black dress tells me she's a little bit damsel in distress.

Life. How can you be so cruel? Tsk."