↬ s i x ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kim Jiwon's POV

 

Guess what? Today is Subin's birthday. This will the first birthday we celebrate together as a couple and obviously, I wanted a grand one for him. I love to do surprise though I know he objects to it. But somehow, I believe that Subin will be happy with whatever I did for him.

 

Simple. Because he loves me, as much as I love him.

 

Subin and I happened in the most natural way. We didn't expect for us to be a couple after knowing each other for about a year. Both of us came into the house at the same month but separate time. Subin was in this place one week earlier than me. I invariably found myself staring at him every time we were in class.

 

Initially, I forced that thought away because I was essentially in a relationship Park Jihoon, the hottest guy in the university. I know it's such a silly for me, asking for my twin brother's help for getting us together. Though I know Jihoon is a cassanova, I still want him. The reason was actually comparatively straightforward, I required attention from people.

 

Woefully, our relationship didn't last long, and I don't blame Jihoon. Since I'm the one who asked for a break-up. Very likely I realized that I had been manipulating him instead of liking him for whom he is. Jihoon doesn't seem he's really affected by it but me... I'm however a girl, a break up is still a break-up.

 

I would say I cried for almost three days straight after the break-up and Donghyun will remain by my side every significant time I burst into tears. He expressed to me that I was being childish when I'm the one who asked for a break-up. I know, I know that. But I'm a girl. Sigh.

 

Ever since my break up with Jihoon, students in my course started to pay attention to me; it's not they didn't when we're still in a relationship. But most probably they're sympathized over me to have a boyfriend like Jihoon. If only they know the true thing happened, will they ever look at me the same way again?

 

Let's get to the primary topic, Subin's birthday party. I have a lot in my mind, but I don't know how I am supposed to handle this. We have 27 people in the house; minus Subin so it would be 26. I'm pretty sure I don't want Donghyun to interrupt my surprise for Subin because he would be whining so... 25 people...

 

It's more than enough, right?

 

My attention went to Mina who was currently laying on the bed while playing her phone. Seems like she was texting someone, looking at how her fingers move on the screen. I was currently hanging out in her room because Tzuyu wasn't around, "Mina," I summoned her and she merely raised her eyebrows as the response, "I want to ask you for help," Upon the particular 'help' words, she put her phone aside and looked at me.

 

"What is it?"

 

I smacked my lips, hesitating to continue with my words but then I need to declare it now or else it would be an absolute mess, "Bring Donghyun out," Her eyes widened as I uttered my request, "I want to do a surprise birthday party for Subin and I know Donghyun wouldn't agree, so please?" I looked at her with a pair of pleading eyes after I had explained the real situation to her.

 

She looked like she was convinced with my words as she almost said yes that moment I muttered the 'please' words. Mina crossed her arms and hummed, "Since it's for Subin," She paused and I was expecting for a good news, "So, okay!" Her lips curved upwards producing a cheerful smile.

 

"I know I could always count on you! Thank you," I withdrew to her bed and hauled her into a hug. Mina chuckled at my sudden actions, "I'm counting on you!" I exclaimed as I broke the hug first, flashing my so-not-popular eye smile towards her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jung Subin's POV

 

I didn't want to mention this. But it's my birthday today. I never really fond of celebrating my birthday; it's purely because I never celebrate it. With my family nor my friends. Even a simple happy birthday greeting sounds odd to my ear.

 

My family consists of my father, my mother and a little brother who was five years younger than me. As a result, the attention completely went to him after he had been born. I would say I've been neglected since that.

 

"Happy birthday, bro," A tapped on my shoulder startled me. I bobbed my head around and could see Mark was standing behind me with a smile, displaying his pearly teeth. My lips curved upwards producing a faint smile as a way for me to say thank you, "I will treat you later!" He promised me but I don't expect much from it, "Sorry, I couldn't be here with you today, I need to do something with the Engineering kids," Mark declared to me and escaped the room in instant.

 

I heaved out a silent sigh when I detected the sound of the door closing behind me, "Another lonely day, I guess," I muttered under my breath as if I never retained one. It has perpetually been this way. People around me don't enormously care about me, to be honest.

 

In this house too, it's just the same. Other than Jiwon, I don't really close with others. Joke. I just don't talk to them. I've known Hwiyoung, Mina, Chaeyoung, Yeonjung, and Arin since we're in high school. Mina was in the same class as me; the others weren't.

 

As being mentioned before, I would only appear when someone urged me for help which is none of them. But so far, after I dated Jiwon; three months as of now, the other started to pay attention to me and they would talk to me regularly.

 

Especially, Kim Donghyun, of course.

 

I would say I'm more overjoyed than before and it's all thanks to Jiwon. She undeniably made my life better. I need to thank her later. Jeez, talking about Jiwon, she has been ignoring my message for the whole day. She neither replies to it nor wades through it. There's even now number one beside my messages.

 

It is possible she was busy. That's what I thought. I feel like going out, but I don't want to waste my energy outside the house so I'm here, in front of my laptop, spending my not-so-free times with the games I have started to play a month ago. Blame Hwiyoung, he's the one who intimidated me into the game and currently obsessing with it.

 

Presumably, that's why I didn't mind if Jiwon refused to reply to my messages. I enjoy my game to accompany me.

 

Suddenly my phone beeped indicating that there's a message coming in and maybe it's from a group chat based on the sound I heard. I lazily snatched the phone beside my laptop and unlocked it before clicked on the Kakaotalk icon to check who has been forwarding messages to me.

 

Oh, it's from the high school group chat. Some of them actually wished me a happy birthday, have a nice day and all, and apparently, I could spot Arin, Hwiyoung, Yeonjung, and Mina in the chat, congratulating me as well. I wouldn't expect for Chaeyoung to express anything about it since she never really cares about my existence as much as I didn't, too. 

 

But damn, it seized me by surprise when I saw her name popped out in the group chat and she wished me a happy birthday. Chaeyoung wished me a happy birthday, and she even added a cake emoji beside it. 

 

Miracle does happen sometimes.

 

As I was engaging myself with the game, a scream could be heard outside the room and I was sure it wasn't from my floor since it's a girl's voice. The voice is loud enough to be heard till the ground floor which that means a big deal has happened out there.

 

Whence, I need to get my out of the room, aren't I? Or should I stay in the room only and didn't bother about it all? But it's something happened in our house, I should act like I care when in fact I genuinely care.

 

In the end, I stood up from the chair and went outside to perceive what's happening. As I reached the living room, my eyes frowned to see balloons everywhere, "What were these balloons for?" I had uttered alone before I looked around the house.

 

There's no one in the living room, most probably they're checking out the scream but then I caught someone calling out for my name, "S---Subin," I could hear he was stuttering.

 

I shifted my body around and could see a familiar figure standing behind me, "Mark, what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be with other kids," I asked before my eyes fell on what he has been holding onto. My eyebrows furrowed to it, "Why are you having a cake with you?"

 

"That----."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Donghyun's POV

 

What am I doing here? I was currently helplessly walking around the mall for about 30 minutes as of now. I looked at the girl beside me who was still maintaining her radiant smile on her face, "Kang Mina, can you explain to me why am I here again?" I asked but she defied me.

 

I can't believe I allow the girl threw me into her car and towed me till here. I shouldn't let her do what she wants. I should never. She kept insisting I owe her something when I scarcely remember when was the last time I talked to her.

 

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I glared at her, and she was still focusing on her walk. I swear to God I would leave her here alone if she didn't mention anything for the next 0.1 seconds. Jeez, maybe I was expecting a lot from her. It wasn't that easy for her to talk.

 

That's it. I'm giving up. I rotated my body a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter