↬ t h r e e ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kim Doyeon's POV

 

It has been three days since the incident and till now, Yoojung until now hasn't regained her consciousness. The doctor said she hit the road quite hard so that's why she was still laying on the bed with no intention to open her eyes. Every day, Minhyuk will come here after the class to look after Yoojung. I sympathized with him.

 

Minhyuk doesn't look normal to me anymore. He's an absolute mess. Furthermore, they weren't in the good term before the incident happened. That might affect him a lot and he would probably be blaming himself for what happened to Yoojung.

 

People said it was a hit-and-run accident. Some students witnessed it but they didn't care enough to take any actions. They let the culprit ran away, and only approached Yoojung when she's there, laying on the road with blood flowing out. 

 

I feel miserable too because I wasn't there with her.

 

The hospital contacted me because I was the last person who had a phone call with her. She requested me to accompany her to buy something for Minhyuk as she wanted to apologize. But I let her go alone because of my stupid desire to watch the most recent episode of my favourite drama.

 

I should be there with her. If I was there, all of this wouldn't happen. I'm the one who should be blamed in this case.

 

At the moment, all of the Visual and Performing Arts students are here. Jihoon, Donghyun, Woojin, and Jane. Donghyun brought Jiwon along with him since she insisted to come here; and obviously, Subin would be by her side. I don't mind at all. The more the merrier and probably it would trigger something for Yoojung to wake up early than it's expected.

 

The other residents in the house did visit her yesterday; the Engineering kids, Psychology kids, Drama and Theater Arts kids and even the Graphic Designs kids, minus Subin and Jiwon. All of them came to see Yoojung's condition, but there's nothing they could do because she was still unconscious.

 

"Minhyuk, I think you should go home," I worriedly urged him to do so. He has been staying for three days straight. Alright, I know, the boys would deliver him, his clothes but then he didn't induce a proper sleep for days. They would have a test in two days, and he shouldn't act like this.

 

Oh, right. He lost his dance partner. I don't think he could complete the test though he requires it. Because it has purely been Yoojung for him and no one else.

 

Minhyuk looked at me with the same apologetic face, "But I can't leave Yoojung, alone," He insisted which made a deep sigh escaped my lips. I gritted my teeth as I already delivered everything I could say to him. There's nothing left in my mind.

 

"Doyeon is right, Minhyuk," If anyone feels bad for him at the moment, it won't surpass how worried Jihoon was towards Minhyuk. Because he was the closest to him among all of them, "We will call you as soon as she wakes up so just go home, please. You haven't slept for days, Park Minhyuk," Jihoon frustratedly muttered those words.

 

I understand how you feel, Park Jihoon. Because me too.

 

Minhyuk cupped his face with both of his hands, "You guys could go home if you want but I'm going to stay until Yoojung open her eyes," There you go. His ultimate words and none of us could say anything anymore. We all know how stern Minhyuk would be once he made a decision.

 

Oh God, please let Yoojung wake up from the long sleep as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Hangyul's POV

 

The house has been exceptionally silent for these few days. One, obviously it's because of Yoojung's accident, that happened three days ago. Two, on the same day as well, a weird Instagram account came out with named 27.14.13 and published a picture of Lucas and Tzuyu together which made them become a sudden attention from everyone.

 

Students in my course also expressed their interest in the news as they have been irritating me; urging me about it because they know I live in the same room as Lucas. My eyes fell on the Lucas who has been spacing out himself for few days. Ever since the news came out, he didn't talk much and only go out from the room whenever either he got class or he was hungry.

 

It would be a lie if I said I wasn't concerned because somehow he is, however, my roommate and I would indicate the closest person I had in the house; other than Jibeom since he's in my course. Lucas normally a cheerful guy and always had an idea to prank someone; almost every week. But he didn't pull any prank this week which made me double the worries over him.

 

I heard from Lucas that the student in my course which is Kim Jungeun was the only one who knows about that- among all of us. That's sole because Lucas wrote about his relationship with Tzuyu in the book. He thought that no one would understand his confession when he scribbled it in Mandarin. 

 

Jungeun did come to me a day after the post went wild. We're in the same class so it's logical for her to approach me. The students in the class didn't know where the news came from, but I know where the sources came from. My mind went to the conversation I had with Jungeun a few days ago,

 

"Hangyul, trust me; I didn't do that," There's a visible nervous expression plastered on her face and for me, it's so rare to see her acting like this. She has been biting her nails for the past 10 minutes since we're over here. Oh yes, we're currently at the cafe near the boarding house since Jungeun insisted that she didn't want to talk about this at the house. And I agreed with her right away.

 

I frowned upon her words, "But you know about them, Jungeun," I insisted and she instantly jerked her head, "Wait, Jungeun, I'm confused. You do own the red journal book, right?" This time, she nodded, "Then?"

 

She bit her lower lips, looking anxious. I don't know why but it troubles me to see her like this. I wasn't exactly close to her, but she's nevertheless my friend and someone I know. Oh,  my natural behaviour who kept worrying over someone around me. I think I should throw away that attitude but it won't be easy. I know that.

 

"I can't read Mandarin," She confessed, and I was speechless with her sudden statement. 

 

Jungeun... couldn't understand Mandarin?

 

A tapped on my shoulder ushered me back to the reality. I turned the other way and could see Lucas' was holding onto it, "Yes?" I urged him and I could see he was allowing an anxious expression. I wasn't actually startled to catch a glimpse of the face, but it seized me by surprise that he wanted to talk to me.

 

It has repeatedly been that way for these few days. That expression of him.

 

"I know that you've been worrying over me, lately but you don't have to. Seriously," Lucas tried to assure me with his words but it doesn't sound like one to me. It's more likely saying that 'I want to tell you something so will you hear to my words? Or you will pay no attention to me like the others?'

 

Okay, ignore the last statement because I was exaggerating. Lucas would never say that to me or anyone else.

 

I gnawed on my lips, "You know," I was hesitating, "Hm, I have something to inform you."

 

"What is it?" He darted his eyes directly on me. I would say I rarely talk to him face to face and somehow this situation brought the awkwardness we consistently had between the two of us.

 

I avoided the stare he has been giving me for the past 5 minutes, "Actually," I don't know how I should relay the news to him but then I don't want him continuously blamed himself nor Jungeun neither.

 

That's mean there's someone else hiding behind this whole thing. Who knows it might involve Yoojung's sudden accident too?

 

Lucas chuckled, "Hey, Hangyul," He called out for my name in a casual manner, "You weren't like this before. What do you want to tell me?" He asked again the same question twice.

 

"You revealed to me about Jungeun, right?" I asked and he tossed back his head, "And you told me you wrote using Mandarin right?" Once more, he nodded, "About that..." I took some time to confess the truth, "Jungeun didn't know how to read Mandarin."

 

He frowned upon my honest statement, "What do you mean by that?" Lucas asked and to be honest, I have no idea on how I should answer the question.

 

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know but I'm pretty sure there's someone else read the diary too, other than Jungeun," I claimed. It's a total random guess but okay, "And I think it's someone from us."

 

There's no one who had the access into the house; other than 27 of us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wong Yukhei (Lucas) 's POV

 

I am totally wouldn't say that I wasn't affected by the sudden news popped out a few days ago; in exact, three days ago. Ever since the news came out, everyone has been looking at me with a terribly uncomfortable gaze as if I killed someone. What's the big deal in dating Tzuyu? I mean, I dated her. It's meant to be in past tense. 

 

Very well, I know that Tzuyu is a goddess and she had a thousand secret admires whether in her course or even the whole university. Clearly, I minded that. And I would say I dated her because of that; more and less. We've dated each other for 2 years ever since we're in high school, so most students envied our relationship.

 

We were the definition of relationship goal.

 

But yeah, it didn't last long when suddenly Tzuyu left me behind with only a note being put in front of my door, a day after my father passed away. I was still in the mourning phase and she did that. I have no idea why she decided to do that but I tried to stay positive; she had her own reason.

 

Our relationship wasn't perfect. It's just like any other relationship out there, we fought, quarrel on petty things, having mood swings for days, but then we were genuinely happy with each other. I thought so, not until Tzuyu abandoned me behind. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter