↬ s e v e n t e e n ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Yena's POV

 

Lately, there's something has been disturbing my mind. The truth behind the relationship between Joochan and Yeonjung. Though the boy insisted they're nothing but a partner for assignment, still I couldn't believe Yeonjung retained no sort of feelings towards Joochan. 

 

Hell, why am I even thinking about it? He wasn't even my boyfriend; at least not yet. 

 

But still, I'm gratified Joochan decided to take me as his partner instead of Yeonjung. Everyone should absolutely see Yeonjung's expression the moment she was getting rejected by Joochan. I wished I could laugh right away but then I think that's presumably the most childish response I could show to anyone. 

 

Well, I could be extremely competitive when it comes to someone I like. 

 

Even Yoojung grasps that. She's fortunate that I didn't know Rocky earlier or I might have a lil crush on him too. Joke. There will be no way for me to like my sister's boyfriend. 

 

Joochan had texted me saying that we should do the assignment together today. Yoojung went for a short trip with her friends, and I terribly wanted to tag along, not until the lecturer suddenly dropped an assignment for us. In the end, I need to cancel my plan with them. Sigh, I should play with water as of now instead of acquiring a blank paper in front of me. 

 

My eyes subsequently directed at the girl who was currently laying on the bed, watching something on her phone. She could've gone back to Hong Kong but because I stayed here so she insisted to accompany me. She didn't need to do that, but she desired it anyway. She told me she would be bored without me in her house. 

 

That's true, anyway. 

 

"Yuqi," I had called her name as I nibbled my lower lips. She looked at me with an expectation when she uplifted her both eyebrows, waiting for my following words. I had scratched my head, hesitating for a while, "Can you accompany to go and do the assignment with Joochan?" I sought. 

 

Yuqi had frowned, "Why should I?" 

 

"Because it might be awkward if it's only there's two of us," I reasoned but it merely because I don't want to stay alone with him. 

 

The latter let out a slight chuckle before exchanging an unusual look to me, "Are you the real Choi Yena we all know? Since when do you become shy in front of boys?" She ridiculed me. 

 

I scoffed as I crossed my arms, "It's just that I'm nervous everytime he's around me like my heart going to jump out from the body," Suddenly I merely need to ramble on nonsense things I think it's right, "Do you want to follow me or not?" 

 

Yuqi hummed to my question, "I don't have anything to do today, so okay." 

 

My lips automatically curved upwards producing a really beatific smile before I walked to her bed and laid beside her. Yuqi provided me some space to be on the same pillow as hers before she focused her attention back towards her phone. 

 

I placed both of my arms on my chest and stared at the ceiling ahead of me, "Why did you like Joochan?" Yuqi had urged me with a question I couldn't possibly answer. 

 

I vacantly stared at the white ceiling, having a thought on how I should respond to her question. 

 

Should I be honest? Or... I don't really know. I don't think I have any particular reasons why I like Joochan. I just bound to like him... as he consistently stayed in my vision whenever I need someone to talk to. 

 

"Just," The only words came out from my lips. Bet, that's the sole response I could give her for now. 

 

Just, I feel like liking him. Like I did to any other Chinese guys I saw in school back then. 

 

"I hope he will be the one for you," Yuqi wished me for a good luck as I would inevitably end up with a heartbreak because... a one-sided crush has habitually remained my choice ever since we're attending the same school. 

 

I heaved out a sigh, "Me too. I hope this would be the last one for me. I'm really tired of having myself looking at the boy who didn't look at me," My lips slightly curved upwards, "Let's go. Joochan must be waiting for me," I took a sit on the bed and headed towards my wardrobe, started to scan each outfit one by one.

 

"Yah, Song Yuqi," I bobbed my head, looking at the girl who was still laying on the bed, "Which dress should I wear?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mark Lee's POV

 

Our original planned perhaps to go with only three of us, Hwiyoung, Lucas and I. But when Hwiyoung suggested for us to take Subin along, I hastily agreed with it. Somehow, I did think Subin rarely spent his time with us and purely focused on Jiwon. 

 

Efficiently, I know he might found us uncomfortable, or he didn't know how to interact with us but hey, were friends, anyway. What's the use of being friends if we didn't expend our times together? And that's how the four of us decided to hang out together. 

 

Fortunately, I had told about it earlier to Jiwon so that she could hold her plan in going on a date with her boyfriend. We all know Jiwon would agree to it right away because she actually worried over Subin who constantly avoided himself interact with others. 

 

We decided to go to the latest indoor sports games in Gangnam. Frankly saying, Hwiyoung suggested for us to go there since he went once with his family and it's totally lit. That's what he claimed, though. 

 

Therefore, the four of us divided into two teams which I team up with Lucas while Hwiyoung with Subin. That's because of Lucas insisted to pair up with me but that moment I realized both Subin and Hwiyoung good in playing games, I started to lose my hope. 

 

Of course, Lucas would necessarily be loud, saying that we could dominate the game. But seriously, I don't think so. 

 

The first game we played will be curling. To be honest, in my point of view this game will probably more to a luck game. If you know how to control the button then you will pass. For the first round, Hwiyoung had secured the win when all of their stones inside the circle while mine... It's nowhere to be seen. 

 

Just Lucas was too excited when he controlled the button and it makes all of our stones went out of the course. I would say we were fortunate in the second round as we lead by one point made us win the game but we totally messed it up in the third round because most of our stones don't even reach the circle area. 

 

Great. In the present circumstances, we're in the midst of losing. 

 

"Cheer up, Mark," Lucas had singing to Cheer Up by Twice as he tried to soothe me down. Damn, he's lucky that he's a foreigner or else... 

 

Oh, wait, I'm a Canadian though, what the hell. 

 

Subin had chosen soccer for the next game and heck, I'm pretty sure we're going to conquer it. As much as I was certain we're going to win, still, Subin and Hwiyoung managed to surpass our points and won the game... I could feel we will be the one who was going to pay for the snacks today. 

 

Rightly, I don't mind though but... my pride has shattered into pieces. Please, I don't even want to remember how much I bragged this morning saying that I'm competent at playing games and could defeat all of them. 

 

I'm having a self-reflection now. 

 

After an obvious outcome for the game, we had done for the day and it's time to eat. Hwiyoung chose the stir-fried rice cake near the game center, most likely he's being considerate towards Lucas and me. That's why he selected this place. 

 

"It's fun today," Lucas excitedly said. 

 

I glared at him before snorted, "You lost every single game and you said it's fun," I complained. 

 

Both Subin and Hwiyoung merely let out a small laugh while looking at me. Damn. They're going to make fun of me for the rest of the semester break. I should've gone back to home if I know this was going to happen. 

 

"Aren't you guys going home?" Hwiyoung opened the topic for us to talk. I answered his question with a shrug, and Lucas simply followed it. 

 

I would go home if I desire it but for now... I don't think so. But for Lucas... I thought he told me he missed her mother so why he's still here? Even Tzuyu went back to her hometown for the semester break. Basically, most of us returned home and periodically appeared in the boarding house, considering it like a hotel. 

 

As for Subin... most probably he wanted to stay with Jiwon. Plus, Donghyun wasn't there, why not taking the chance to consume his whole day with Jiwon, right? Like, he has been sleeping in Jiwon's room, though. 

 

"So, I heard that Chaeyoung going to change her course?" Lucas had opened a topic that neither both Hwiyoung nor I want to talk about it. Presumably, we're still salty over her sudden decision. She should've discussed it with us if she genuinely conceived us as her friends. Sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ju Haknyeon's POV

 

Semester break has started, and there's nothing to do other than hanging out with your friends. That's what exactly, we're about to do as of now. With only those who stayed in the house, the four of us decided to go out and have fun like any others did. 

 

Basically, I still wait for the exact time to return home since my mum said our relatives were staying at our house for a few days and I absolutely need to avoid them so badly. For Jaehyun and Yeri, their houses were 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter