↬ f o u r t e e n ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Son Chaeyoung's POV

 

Studying . My life . The whole existence of my family .

 

Yes, I'm a total example of the ungrateful child because my parents indeed won't help me in surviving the world. They had been focusing on my older brother too much till they didn't notice my existence here. They don't even genuinely care about what I did for my life except for the fact they forced me to take business administration so that I could be a slave in their company.

 

But then, I'm so clever to take that stupid course so I applied for engineering without they know and the moment I was exposed, they did scold me; in fact a lot than you ever think. As luck would retain it, my brother suddenly fulfilled his role and told me he's the one who will pay for my study. Clearly, I accepted it right away.

 

Looking at how he never did anything for me, he actually granted me with a weekly allowance, and I think it's more than what my parents usually provided me with. I did seek him why he was acting incredibly considerate around me, and what's his response would be? Because I'm his sister. What a straightforward reason, right?

 

"Chaeyoung, you likely need some vacation," The only words came out from my brother when I showed him my latest result for this semester. To be honest, I don't know why I mess it up, but I merely did. I shrugged my shoulders and he friendly tousled my hair, "You know that I care for you right?"

 

I scratched my head while allowing my eyes on him, "And you know that I don't care about that, right?" I ridiculed his statement because I had no idea on how I should react to his gesture towards me. I mean I appreciated him for being kind but I'm not used to such deeds as no one really care about me before.

 

"Look, Hyunwoo, I know you wanted to play the role as the best brother in the world but you completely don't understand me right. Mum and dad have been hustling me since I was a kid and hell I know I could do better than you but they never virtually allow me a chance to do so," At long last, I spilled out my true feelings on my life.

 

"That's why I'm in this place to assist you in doing what you really want," The man assured me, "Look, Chaeyoung, I never really want to force you to do the things you didn't want to cause that's plain . It's enough with me and I don't want you to suffer from the same thing," He continued.

 

My hand reached the cookies on the table as my eyes wandered around the room. It's absolutely a huge office room for someone to be called a director. How did I wish I could own it too but then I know I had no interest in business anyway, so why would I, right? 

 

With my back on the couch and my legs crossed, "I literally choose Engineering because I merely want to rebel. Heck, I hate Physics, though. And I really thought I succeed in doing it, not until I received my result. I think my whole life is  at the moment. You shouldn't be too gracious to me, Hyunwoo because I don't want to get attached to you," I pleaded with him.

 

"I think that's what you supposed to do at the first place. I'm always here to support you. You could change your course if you want right now and don't worry, I will make sure you won't be scolded by those oldies and also, you will still be in the second year," He offered me something I could never put it away, "Just inform me what course do you want to enroll and I will tell the university about it."

 

I jerked, "I think I desperately need to think about it because I will most likely accept that offer knowing that I would throw my life straightly into a trash bin if I stayed in that course," I complained and he chuckled, "But... I think I'm going to miss my friends then," My lips pressed together, forcing a smile.

 

"You mean, Hwiyoung and Mark?" My brows furrowed when he mentioned the name, "Tell me which one do you like? I mean you couldn't like both right?" I guess my expression said it all.

 

I passed an intense gaze towards him, "Do you genuinely think I like them just because I always invest my time for them? They weren't paradoxically in my list, okay?" I leveled my eyes, and his laugh suddenly becomes louder, annoyed me more, "If you're going to get me a boyfriend, get me nothing but a rich guy. That would do for me," I claimed.

 

"Hwiyoung is a rich guy. You know our family did have a business with his, right?" He stated to me and I quickly toss back my head. Hell, Hwiyoung and I? That's a peculiar combination like we would never be together. Not in a thousand lives, "I'm sorry to say this sister, but your caring parents currently arranged a marriage for you. I don't know who is the candidate but most likely it will be someone you acquaintances with," He informed.

 

I should say I was expecting for it, right? Like my marriage will surely be out of love since I'm a daughter anyway. I think my brother was fortunate because my parents never forced him to get married except for the fact he won't have any luck in being in the relationship itself. Girls always abandoned him. I don't grasp the reason why but I kind of discovering it now.

 

Suddenly, my phone rings indicated someone was calling for me. I leisurely snatched the phone I put on the table as it was displaying Mark's name, "It's my so not you claim as someone that I like," I excused myself to talk to him but presumably I motionless sit on the same couch, just I don't look at the man in front of me, "Yes, Mark Lee?" I returned the call.

 

"Where are you?"

 

His question made me frown, "Why would you care where I am supposed to be?" I interrogated him and it causes him to scoff, "Hell, Mark, you don't have any right to know where I am at the moment."

 

"I really do especially when you ing forget the presentation we had today. You know it will be carrying our marks for the following semester, right? I think your result currently won't cooperate with you to make it the next one so, you do know it's enormously significant to you, isn't it?"

 

A sigh escaped my lips, "I'm sorry because I have such a tiny brain but you could just proceed with Hwiyoung. I hope you don't mind since you guys are the best student in the course," I informed, making him silent for a while, "In other words, I'm changing my course for the next semester, you don't have to worry about it."

 

"W--What?"

 

I shrugged my shoulders virtually as if he could note it, "If you don't mind, I need to concentrate my time with my lovely brother," Upon the words, 'lovely', Hyunwoo suddenly passed me a beatific smile, "Okay, not lovely but still. Anyway, good luck to you both! I'm rooting for you Mark for this semester, though I know most likely Hwiyoung will win the game. Regardless, say hi to Hwiyoung for me, bye!" I abruptly cut off the call without hearing his last words for me.
 

"So, I bet you're absolutely serious about changing the course, right?"

 

My arms crossed with my lips slightly curved at one side, "I think so? Anyways, I will inform you my decision the next time I see you," I got up from the couch and bid a goodbye to him, "Oh, and yes, Son Hyunwoo, thanks for the allowance," He frowned at my sudden gratitude, "Just I think I never thank you before this, so," I shrugged as I vacate the room.

 

At the very least, I have someone by my side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Sohyun's POV

 

I could never imagine I would experience my first break up very soon. Presumably, I did date someone else before this but I would say it's solely for fun. With Woojin, it's different. I devoted all my soul towards him. Principally, I sacrificed my career because of him, but what the hell he did towards it?

 

Earnestly saying, I wanted to believe he had the reason why he needs to do that but if he didn't inform me what the reason was, how am I going to believe in him again? He could at least offer some explanation on why we need to end our relationship. He shouldn't leave me hanging alone like a fool, waiting for him to come back to me! 

 

Will, he ever, though? Sigh.

 

With the black bean noodles, I ordered just now, I vacantly stare at the glass I had filled with soda. My hand kept fiddling with the chopsticks in my hand as my lips heaved out a deep sigh, "What am I going to do now?" I quietly complained as I placed my palm on my cheeks, supporting it on the table.

 

"You should give me the noodle if you don't want to eat it," My head immediately inclined when I perceived a coarse voice talking to me. He was currently maintaining a cheerful smile on his face as if he was delighted to mark me here. Wait, are we even close before? Because as far as I remembered, I never talk to him before, though.

 

I clamped my lower lips, looking at both noodles and him back and forth, "You could have it if you want," I pushed the bowl away from me, giving towards the boy who was standing in front of me.

 

He let out a slight laugh, "I'm kidding, Sohyun," I stunned when my name came out from his lips. I think that would be the first time I ever heard a guy in the house dubbed my name other than Woojin. The boy naturally secured the desolate spot in front of me over the counter, "You're not okay, right?"

 

My eyebrows raised as a response and he quickly pointed out towards my eyes, showing the dark circle under it, "Oh," I automatically placed my fingers on it, "Kind of, break up ," I continued my words and received a chuckle from him. He looks so lively whenever he smiles.

 

"I know right?" He inclined his head, directed his eyes towards me, "I feel you, though. Like when I broke up with Tzuyu, I thought my life was over and there's nothing left for me. But then you know, life must go on and you scarcely have to think it is possible God wants to give you something better," He claimed and I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed by his words, grasping that his Korean still lacking at some way.

 

I hummed, "So, why did you break up with Tzuyu?" I warily asked, afraid my question could provoke him. Well, no offense, I just want to get know the boy in front of me since I've consistently been bearing a negative impression towards him and now when he talked to me, I could feel he's a nice guy actually.

 

"Just," Lucas paused as if he's thinking of something, "Maybe she wasn't happy anymore to be with me," He made a feeble excuse and I know I shouldn't label it or anything but just... it doesn't make sense, "What about you? I imagined you and Woojin will eternally be together?" He attacked me.

 

I lowered down my head, trying to hide my nervous expression, "T--That," Without I realized, the tears that I've been hiding for the past few days gradually forming in my eyes, "Just maybe we weren't meant to be," A bead of tears escaped and I hastily wiped it using my fingers before inclined my head and passed a faint smile towards him, "I'm sorry."

 

"No, it's okay," He took out the tissue from its box on the table and conveyed it to me, "You should've just let it all go and only then you will be fine," Lucas notified me, "I'm not in the place to express anything but I will say it anyway. I believe that Woojin still loves you," His words triggered me, "When we were discussing the problem a few days ago I could see clearly he still cares for you but it seems like there's something propping him back from doing so. I don't know what is the reason, but I think he broke the things with you because he thought that's the best for you," Lucas' words made me think for a while but then there's nothing ideal popped out from my mind.

 

My eyes fell on him, "Why are you telling me all of these?" I curiously asked since we weren't that close to share a personal opinion. And this would be the first time we're talking to each other but yet he already being so open towards me. Conceivably, he's originally friendly from the start.

 

"You may not recall this but once I went to your fansign," I frowned to his words, "I'm your biggest fan though," He continued and presumably, I questioned his statement, "Okay, I went to your fansign most likely two years ago after my break up with Tzuyu. Do you know what you told me back then?" I shrugged my shoulders, "You notified me that everything happened for a reason and I absolutely think it is now, seeing how I started to interact with Tzuyu back though we couldn't avoid some misunderstanding," He continued. 

 

Brains wandered around, trying to recall the memories of the boy and something across my mind. There's a boy actually captured my attention as he wasn't genuinely superb at talking Korean and stuttering but somehow I could comprehend what he said, "So, you're that boy?" I asked him in awe since I couldn't believe there's really someone in the house who truly admires me.

 

He jerked, and I constantly let out a small chuckle, "So, you do remember, huh?" Lucas ridiculed me, "I may not know you personally but I've been following you from the start of your career and I sincerely believe that you're a really nice girl and I could tell you Woojin still love you," His eyes diverted to somewhere else as he uttered those.

 

I raised both of my eyebrows, inquiring him what it is but he directed his eyes in one direction causing me to rotate my body around. I could feel a lump in my throat as soon as I perceived the one who has been looking at us with an intense stare, "W--Woojin," I called his name stutteringly, presumably I didn't expect to see him catching sight of me with another boy so soon.

 

He looks like... he's furious and feeling betrayed at the same time? But seriously, if everything was already over between them, what would be with these odd feelings inside me? As if I've been caught cheating... on him.

 

Things shouldn't be needlessly troublesome, though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Lip  (Kim Jungeun) 's POV

 

"Where are you taking me to?" I pouted my lips as my arm tightly winded around the latter's, "You know I don't like a surprise," I told a white lie when in fact, I love surprises the most but the boy barely prepared one for me so I don't expect anything from him. But now when we're heading somewhere without knowing where it is, it makes me somehow anxious because of it. 

 

The boy flashed a smile as his hand spontaneously tousled my hair, "You will love it," He informed me and I wasn't impr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter