↬ t h i r t e e n ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Doyeon's POV

 

"Don't you think you should announce to everyone by now?" Yoojung questioned my decision to keep my secret stayed as a secret. I mean what's the big deal in hiding it? It wasn't like I did something bad; stealing from someone or owing money from the loanshark. Oh, wait, that's kind of sensitive.

 

My hand constantly had played with the straw in the glass before I took a sip of the drink, "I don't think I could do it anytime soon," I claimed and an obvious sigh escaped from her lips, "You know the situation in the house is quite a mess now and I don't want to add any more confusion into it," I explained on my reason.

 

"Are you sure you could stay hiding forever?" This time Jane opened her mouth. Expertly, I could understand the two of them were worried over me but hey, as long as I'm okay, it will be absolutely fine, right?"

 

I let out a small chuckle, "Chill guys, he didn't even express anything on it. Why are you guys were the one who nervous?" My eyebrows raised, expecting for an explanation from the two of them. 

 

"Because he didn't say anything, you need to care more about it, Kim Doyeon," Yoojung sighed, "Do you think a guy would love to be in a hidden relationship? He would probably go hysterical at the moment for not being able to admit you're his girlfriend," She continued, and there's a sudden realization came across my mind.

 

Though he never mentions anything on it, I could feel he was being so oversensitive lately as if he wanted to say something to me but he didn't. Was it because I look scary or he merely didn't want to shout it out loud? I mean I have no objection if he wanted to make our relationship go public but... I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

 

It has up to now been a year since we're together and the struggle to hide our relationship was real. We will routinely go somewhere average people didn't go on a date, so we could avoid the students from the university. And we even video call each other mostly in toilet or I will go to Yoojung and Jane's room since they're the only who knows about my relationship.

 

As for him? None of his friends knew about it. That's all because of my desire to be in a secret relationship where no one knows about us. But I think after a year, we should really announce about our relationship, right?

 

"Then what should I do now?" I asked for their opinion, mostly because I have no idea on what I should do presently. It wasn't easy to do everything by myself, though. I still require their moral support so that I could endure it, "I know he would agree with me right away since he has always wanted to do it but I'm afraid if people will be getting upset by it."

 

Jane frowned, "You mean Jihoon?" I quickly shook. Why would he get hurt anyway? It wasn't like he still likes me... Obviously, he was already moving on and gave all of his heart to Yeri now. Sigh, that player. When will he stop playing around with girls? Oh, wait. I'm the one who caused him to be like that. So, skip, "Then, who will be getting hurt?" Jane continuedly asks.

 

I hummed to her question, looking at the two girls in front of me, hesitating whether I should really mention it or not, "Actually," I paused for a while, "Arin likes him," My words startled the two of them as I gnawed with my lower lips.

 

"Arin as in Choi Yewon, your roommate?" I reluctantly jerked my head upon Yoojung's question, "That's something unexpected though I could note that," Her response captured my attention as I passed a look, most likely asking her, 'How did you know about it?', "Well, Hangyul is handsome, everyone knows that. And Arin had inevitably been following him wherever he goes," Yoojung stopped talking as if she announced something she shouldn't.

 

I crossed my arms, passing a glare towards her, "Were there something I didn't know about the two of them?" I asked as I pouted my lips, questioning her statement, "Choi Yoojung, you better inform me now or else I will ing tell Minhyuk that you essentially have a slight crush on our junior---," She quickly placed her small palm on my lips, refrain me from talking.

 

"Okay, okay," The petite girl secured her seat back, "There's one time I saw Arin was chasing Hangyul at the cafeteria because she wanted to eat together with him. Hangyul sit, and Arin naturally occupied the seat in front of him," Yoojung told me, "That's all," She claimed, "You know that Hangyul was originally unfriendly, so he didn't talk many times and focused on eating. And trust me, as soon as he noticed my existence, he just excused himself from the girl."

 

I heaved out a sigh, "At the end, he stills afraid of the people around me, isn't it?" I complained, "Why do I feel so bad for him? I mean we're already dating for a year, and there's nothing I could do for him. This is so pathetic," I whined, clearly not pleased with what I have done to him.

 

"Doyeon, believe in me," Jane set her hand on mine, "Hangyul is a nice guy. I don't think you want him to slip away from you, do you?" She raised both of her eyebrows, and I bobbed my head, "Then, first, ask him for a date to a public place where you could freely hold his hand, cuddle with him like any other couples did," Her eyes glanced at Yoojung.

 

Yoojung rolled her eyes, "Talking about date, I have a date with Minhyuk," As soon as she indicated those, someone called out for her name, "And there you go," All of our attention went to the boy who currently approached us, "See you later girls and Jane, you shouldn't be late for your lunch date with Jihoon. He hates those who late when it comes to eating though he might be late most of the times," She rambled causing the two of us to laugh, "Bye!" Yoojung bid a goodbye as she winded her arms around Minhyuk's walking away from us.

 

"So, I think you need to go as well," I allowed my eyes locked on Jane and her lips curved upwards producing a slight smile, "Okay, have fun with your date. I think I should invest my time alone again," My stare changed to a puppy-like-eyes, "Oh, wait, do you perhaps like Jihoon?" 

 

Her eyes widened to my sudden question, "What? Hell, no!" Jane defied it, "There will be no way for me to like a playboy like him," She flustered a lot and I could clearly mark it. There must be something happened between them. Correctly, I think I could expect some things to happen next.

 

"You need to remember who caused him to be like that," I couldn't help but to let my lips tightly clamped together, feeling hurt with what coming out from Jane's lips.

 

Jane looked at me with a guilty expression, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean---."

 

"It's okay," I quickly toss back my head, "You should go now. As Yoojung said, he hates those who late," I claimed and Jane excused herself as she realized it's already late for her to be at the designated place.

 

I looked at my friends leaving as I couldn't prop them from doing so. My eyes darted to the phone I put on the table, "Should I call him over?" I locked my phone and started to dial a particular number.

 

It took approximately a few seconds till he answered the phone, "Hey, Hangyul," I smiled upon listening to his voice, "Can you come here? I will text the address," I claimed and his following words cause me to chuckle, "Do I need to have a reason when I want to see my boyfriend? Clearly, it's because I miss you. As a result, come here fast."

 

The call ended as he rushed himself to get ready. Lee Hangyul, what a cute guy you've become. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bong Jaehyun's POV

 

We consistently find ourself time to gather and talk about life but today surprisingly, we even go somewhere nice for it. It wasn't extremely pleasant, but I would say it's better rather than to stuck in the living room at the boarding house. We didn't even enjoy any privacy to articulate something private.

 

At the moment, all of us reserved a room in the cafe; most likely were used for someone to do a discussion but since we dislike attention from people when we're talking so we rented the room with a reason for 'a study group'. So, basically, all of us currently having a bag pack with us, pretending like we're studying. It's remarkably senseless right?

 

In the fullness of time, we could see to mark a Jiwon without Subin by her side. I couldn't believe like how often she asked Subin to join for our gathering. Okay, I would say I didn't mind him since he's a nice boy anyway but then they will act as if we didn't exist.

 

Just imagine, how would the single guy ever feel to witness their 'sweet' moments? Earnestly saying, all of us here didn't have any girlfriend yet. Oh wait, I did gain one few days ago and she's currently sitting beside me. And believe or not, right in front of my eyes, there's Jibeom and I'm sure I don't appreciate my view at the moment.

 

"I want caramel macchiato," Joochan bawled his order as his seat few chairs from mine. Okay, allow me be specific since there's seven of us, Haknyeon, Yeri and I at one side and the other side would be, Joochan, Jiwon, Donghyun and Jibeom respectively. That's why I said, I hate my view right now.

 

All of us place our orders as we called for the waiter and as soon as we did, all the eyes suddenly turned to me. To be more specific, it's on both Yeri and me. Bet they could already sense something odd from us as with the sight of seeing we sit together was already weird in the first place.

 

"So, the two of you has reconciled?" Jiwon asked in interest. I swear to god if I could elect someone who will be happy with the news we're about to tell everyone, it would be Jiwon. She has been rooting for us ever since we know each other in the high school.

 

Trust me, you won't believe what kind of deed the girl even did for us back then. One of the things I could remember, on Yeri's birthday, she put a chocolate under Yeri's table with my name scribbled on it. Yeri believed that I just pull a prank because the chocolate contains peanuts and she allergic to it.

 

Clearly, it would lead to another petty quarrel before Jiwon concluded it by telling the two of us that she's the one who did it. Merely because she wants to see us together. She's a really adorable girl, right?

 

"Kind of," Yeri replied to the question on my behalf. She allowed her eyes locked on me, expecting for me to announce it to all of them. But seriously, I've never been nervous and the last time would be when I was preparing for CSAT because I genuinely thought I could never be accepted to any of the universities.

 

All of them were apparently expecting something from me and the pressure I had on my shoulders now, it's undoubtedly... Wow, I couldn't describe it by words, "Just spill out the beans," Donghyun forced me.

 

"Okay," I paused a little while, taking a glance at Yeri and she just bobbed, "Yeri and I have decided to date," I confessed and their reaction was just like I expected it to be. No one would be excited other than... definitely, Kim Jiwon. She was currently having a seal clap with her popular eye smile clearly could be seen.

 

Donghyun's lips slightly curved upwards, "It took long enough for you guys to actually admit your own feelings," He claimed, "Anyway, congratulations seem like another couple is born in the boarding house."

 

Suddenly, all of our eyes turned towards Jibeom who was currently busy allowing his eyes locked on the phone, "What?" He raised both of his eyebrows, "Do we really need to tell our reaction one by one to the news?" Jibeom rolled my eyes, but still, none of us budged, "Okay, it's cool. Congratulations to both of you," He sighed, and it managed to make Yeri let out a small chuckle.

 

Bet, she really likes to perceive all of their reaction, though.

 

"Okay, foremost, I just want to say it feels like decades to have you guys finally made an official announcement," Joochan made a statement, "Trust me, none of us are surprised anymore. Just, it's about the time for you guys to be together," He continued.

 

Seems like everyone was already expecting for it, though. And I really thought it's silly of me for not admitting my feelings earlier. At the very least, we could be like Minhyuk and Yoojung, the cutest couple in the whole campus right? Anyway, we could just win over them now!

 

Haknyeon suddenly placed his hand on my shoulders, "Finally, a girl over bread," His exclamation managed to prompt laughter towards the whole room, "By the way, Yeri, I hope he didn't bring you to a bakery for date," He notified her and the girl heaved out a silent sigh.

 

"He already did, Haknyeon," She pouted, "But then it's okay, as long as Jaehyun is happy, I will be happy too!" Yeri continued her words causing my lips to curve upwards till it probably could reach my eyes. I don't think the smile could leave me anytime soon. I might smile for the whole day.

 

The others chuckled to her claim, "I thought I wouldn't see any of cheesy scene today but I think we will mark it for the whole day," Joochan let out an audible sigh, "When can I ever get a girlfriend?" He complained, pouting his lips.

 

"I thought you had a thing with the new resident," Haknyeon made an assumption, "What's her name again?" He tried frantically hard to recall, but it just won't pop out of his mind.

 

Yeri put some interest in the topic, "You mean Choi Yena?" Haknyeon quickly jerked, "She's cute just like her twin. Oh, I forgot to mention we currently have two pairs of twins in the house," Everyone suddenly started to pay attention to Yeri's words, "You guys don't know about it?"

 

Every single of us tossed back our head, well I refer to all of the boys; including me.

 

"Choi Yena is Choi Yoojung's twin sister," Her statement totally made the boys... dumbfounded? Like how... the two... could be twins. How's that possible? Literally, we demand more from Yeri, "She lives in Hong Kong to pursue music and in fact, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter