↬ t w e n t y ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wong Yukhei (Lucas) 's POV

 

The air of awkwardness could be felt around the cafe. I had no idea why Yuqi suddenly calls me out and Tzuyu... she's already back to Korea? I thought she was going to stay there for a little bit longer since there's a week left for their vacation. 

 

Just trust me, as soon as Yuqi told me she had something important she wanted to tell me, I really ditch the others for her. 

 

I don't know, just maybe, I was looking forward to what she's going to tell me. 

 

I looked at the two girls in front of me, and they're somehow currently passing each other look, forcing someone to talk first. 

 

I sighed impatiently in pent-up frustration, "So, what am I doing here?" I urged, and the question actually startled both of them. 

 

Both Tzuyu and Yuqi looked at me with shaking eyes as if they did wrong to me. There's something they're hiding from me, I'm hella sure about that. 

 

"Ugh, that," Yuqi nudged Tzuyu, demanding her to tell the boy what she's supposed to. 

 

But Tzuyu... she found herself going speechless when Lucas is right in front of her. 

 

"Ac--Actually." 

 

The moment she wanted to tell the truth, the waiter comes with three glasses on the tray. He put the drinks on their table, and it causes Tzuyu to halt herself from talking. 

 

She had nibbled with her lower lips, wonderingly stared at Lucas, picturing on how the boy's possible reaction would be when he knows the truth. 

 

Tzuyu knows precisely she couldn't forever hide the truth but at the very least; she would want to keep it from Lucas. 

 

Because... though they broke up, they had nothing to do with each other anymore, she didn't want the stare in Lucas' eyes subtly changed. If he ever knows the truth, Lucas will hate her and Tzuyu sure, she couldn't handle it. 

 

"So, Tzuyu, what do you want to say?" I asked as I took a sip of the Iced Tea that I ordered just now. 

 

Tzuyu flustered, "Y--Yeah, what?" 

 

I smiled gently, "You have something you want to tell me right?" My voice came out soft every time I talked to Tzuyu. I don't know why but maybe, it has naturally become a lifelong habit. 

 

Tzuyu next exchanged a look towards Yuqi, and the girl placed her hand on Tzuyu's, smilingly assuring her that everything will be okay. 

 

And trust me, I could never be more awkward than this. It's plainly awkward to be between them. 

 

"Do you really have something to tell me or you guys dragged me out for nothing?" I began to give up in waiting and being straight-forward at once. 

 

Yuqi bobbed her head to Tzuyu, and the girl slowly devoted her attention to me. 

 

"Ac--Actually, there's something I've been hiding from you," Tzuyu started to talk, "It's about your father," She lowered her head, averting the gaze I've been giving her. 

 

My eyes then turned to Yuqi, but she just gives me a look presumably saying, you will know it. 

 

"He didn't die because of an accident." 

 

I frowned thoughtfully upon her prior statement. I wasn't expecting anything but based on her expression, I know, it wasn't something great. It could never be a piece of good news. 

 

"Ac--Actually, my brother," She looked into my eyes, having tears were about to escape from it, "My brother, he---" 

 

Tzuyu cautiously lowered her head down, clamped her lips as tears running down her cheeks, "He killed your father." 

 

That's it. 

 

The secret she has been intentionally hiding from me all these times. 

 

But little thing she didn't know... 

 

"I know," My words startled Tzuyu and Yuqi both at once. 

 

Tzuyu inclined her head up, looking at me with a puzzled expression, "H--How did you---" 

 

My lips slightly curved upwards form a slight smile, "But I don't hate Tzuyu. I will never hate you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Yewon (Arin) 's POV

 

I know. I know Jibeom has liked me since the first time he saw me. Because the stare he has been giving me all these times explains it all. 

 

Am I really a bad one if I chose to not care about it? 

 

Am I really a bad one when... all I want for him to stay beside me and being there for me whenever I need him? 

 

I don't know. I'm not sure about myself either. 

 

I like him. As a friend. 

 

I would say Jibeom is one of my friends that I could never have before. The one and only my boy friend. 

 

I actually grateful towards him because he's the one who timidly approached me first, he's the one who initiates everything first. He... was really nice to me. 

 

"Who are you thinking about?" A distinctive voice distracted me as I had my mind wandered around. 

 

My attention goes to the woman laid on the bed, "Y--Yeah?" 

 

I twinkled my eyes for few times before my lips slowly curved upwards. 

 

"Nothing." 

 

My mum giggled upon noting my reaction, "Why? You're thinking of Jibeom, right?" 

 

I choked over his name being mentioned out of sudden. 

 

"Why would you mention him here?" 

 

I scorned, issuing a glare towards my mum, trying so hard to hide the fact that my heart was actually beating so fast at the moment. 

 

"You like him, don't you?" 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows upon the silly question, "Hell no. I have someone else that I like!" 

 

I denied, my mind then managed to think about someone... I like... No... Not him... It's someone else. I slightly hit my own head when the image goes wrong. 

 

"Just because he's nice to me, that doesn't mean I have to like him," I sternly claimed, but I know my mum wouldn't buy my words. 

 

She knows me better than anyone. She knows me the best, inside and out. 

 

"H--Hangyul. The name of the guy I like. It's Lee Hangyul," I had no idea why the hell I had the urge to mention someone's else name here and the name just have to be Hangyul. 

 

Doyeon, please spare me for once. I know you're my roommates, and Hangyul's girlfriend.... but he was also my crush before... 

 

At least for a while... 

 

Wait, did I just admit that I don't have any feelings for him anymore? 

 

Okay, wait, Choi Yewon, wake up. He already had a girlfriend, and it's apparently your roommates. 

 

Just move on. 

 

"That's right, mum. She likes Hangyul." 

 

I genuinely thought I was imagining things when I heard a familiar voice in the room but as soon as I looked steadfastly at the door. 

 

Snap. 

 

 

Life is . 

 

Some of the words I could think of. 

 

Jibeom was currently looking at me with a really gentle smile on his face, though I could see, he's undoubtedly hurting. 

 

Because of my ignorance. 

 

"J--Jibeom," I forced a smile, "What are you doing here? I thought you were hanging out with others?" I remembered correctly that Jibeom told me he might couldn't come today because he had other plans. 

 

I don't really mind with him not being here since he has always been here. Ever since the day my mum admitted, I could probably count with my fingers on how many days he skipped in visiting my mum in hospital. 

 

He has been too nice, and I don't deserve him. 

 

Though my heart advising me to accept him, to open my heart for him, I couldn't find myself doing any of that. 

 

"Someone admitted to the hospital." 

 

I frowned severely upon heeding the news. 

 

"Mum, I'll be out for a while," I promptly informed the woman before dragged Jibeom out from the room. 

 

The door was tightly fastened as I tossed back my head looking at Jibeom, "Someone from the house?" He jerked his head, "Seriously who?" 

 

"Sohye." My eyes widened, "Heck, she did it again?" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter