↬ n i n e t e e n ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

S U M M E R    V A C A T I O N    P A R T    I I I

 

 

Rocky knows he shouldn't just blow up towards Yoojung, but the situation forced him to do it. He could understand how frustrated Yoojung was to see his friendship with Jihoon slowly falling apart but... bet there's nothing could allegedly beat his personal ego at the moment. 

 

He was walking down the road without utilizing the umbrella in his hand which generates all the attention from people around there went to him. 

 

Minhyuk maintained his head looking downwards, busy nibbled with his lips as he was still trying to think whether he did a great job or it just worsens the situation. He constantly looks at the hand which he holds the umbrella Yoojung gave him a moment ago and let out an audible sigh.

 

The boy gulped, clearing his throat before gathering a deep breath and suddenly just screamed out loud, instantly attracting the spectators even more. By now, he didn't really care anymore. 

 

All he dearly needs at the moment would be a private space for himself but at the same time, he knows he still needs to go back and find for Yoojung before it's too late. 

 

Yes, they argued a lot; they disagree on every single little thing but those things actually brought them closer. Though sometimes there's a moment where Minhyuk wanted to give up and let her go but his heart wouldn't merely let it happen. 

 

He still needs Yoojung by his side now and maybe for the rest of her life. 

 

Minhyuk totally couldn't imagine the world without Yoojung in it. 

 

Minhyuk loves Yoojung too much. 

 

"Seems like you fought with Yoojung again, huh?" 

 

A familiar voice distracted Minhyuk's wandering mind as he rotated his body around to perceive someone with a grey hoodie was currently looking at him as both of his hands in the sweater's pocket. 

 

He raised both of his eyebrows when their eyes greeted each other. 

 

Minhyuk rolled his eyes before passed a dull glare, "Say, someone who causes the problem," The boy sarcastically declared those. 

 

The other boy lightly chuckles, "I'm sorry for that," He shrugged before started to walk passed Minhyuk,  "I did a mistake today," He simply mentioned. 

 

Minhyuk's eyes widened because he knows precisely on what kind of possible mistake the boy habitually did, "What the hell have you done, Park Jihoon?" 

 

The boy chased after Jihoon who was at least a few steps from him. Jihoon shrugged his shoulders before he found a small vendor selling snacks and drinks, "Do you want to grab some drinks?" He looked wistfully at Minhyuk as he urged it. 

 

Minhyuk furrowed his eyebrows but eventually agreed to join him. Somehow, he indeed needs some alcohol to mightily relieve his stress. 

 

The two sat across each other, "So?" Minhyuk straightly sought him with the question as soon as they had done with their order.

 

"You finally decided to talk to me, huh? After more than a week ignoring me," Jihoon's lips slightly curved upwards, "Thank you," He thanked the middle-aged lady when she served them with their orders. 

 

Minhyuk awkwardly scratched his face, "Not really. But if I don't reconcile with you by today, I bet Yoojung will ask for a break-up from me," The boy replied it right away. 

 

"So, in the end, it's because of Yoojung, huh? You love her too much, don't you?" 

 

Earnestly saying, Minhyuk couldn't thoroughly comprehend with the direct question given by his friend, "You never love anyone, don't you?" He scarcely needs to be sarcastic and annoying in front of him. 

 

"You don't have to attack me like that, Minhyuk. I know exactly what you want to say. And I think you're right, I shouldn't take Jane for granted. I'm sorry," He lowered his hand, taking a sip of the drink, "I will stop now before it's too late." 

 

No, this totally wasn't the way Jihoon handle his problems. 

 

Minhyuk knows it. 

 

He did something wrong.

 

"You did something to Jane, don't you? That's why you're acting weird, right? Tell me, what the heck has you done to her?" The boy intensely stared at Jihoon. 

 

His eyes were shaking as, to be honest, it's actually terrifying to have someone looking at you with those kinds of peculiar stares, "I---I kissed her," He gnawed his lips as soon as he stated those. 

 

Minhyuk's eyes widened to a maximum size as he suddenly stood from the chair and slammed his palm onto the table, "What?!" 

 

He shouted out loud but when he realized all of the eyes on him, he discreetly captured his seat back and tried to relax himself down. 

 

"It doesn't make sense at all. How can you k---kiss Jane? Like how was that even possible? I thought you never saw her as a girl." 

 

Jihoon forcibly took another sip of the alcoholic drink when Minhyuk hasn't drink at all, "I know right. How can I do that to her when obviously I know she has liked me for years? I'm such a jerk, right?"

 

"Well, couldn't deny that." 

 

"But Minhyuk, why am I like this? Why I still can't accept the fact that Doyeon is not the one for me? When you, yourself know... I pretend to like Yeri when I didn't. My mind has been occupied by Doyeon every time I tried to date someone else. When I know she dated Hangyul... I don't know, I just lost myself but I pretend like it's nothing. Why am I like this, Minhyuk? Like why?" 

 

Minhyuk couldn't help but feel pity over his best friend, "You're drunk, Jihoon. You should stop drinking." 

 

The boy tried to take away the small glass from Jihoon's grip but he quickly nudged his hand, "Don't stop me, Minhyuk. I need it now," He poured another foul shot of drink and devoured it right away, "I---I hate myself for it. Can I just die?"

 

"Yah, Park Jihoon! Why would you die? Can you just stop? Doyeon is happy with Hangyul now. Can't you just try to love Jane instead? You know how much she admired you all of these times and I don't think it's wrong for you to at least try and open your heart for Jane. Who knows the spark of happiness you never achieved before this will finally be yours?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

No matter how many times he tried to move on and let all the memories go, it just won't work. Just, maybe he fell too hard that there's no turning back for him anymore. 

 

Sometimes he wondered to himself; how can he start all of it? 

 

As far as he knows, he's not that kind of boy who displays a lot of courage to mention something in his mind. But when he's with her... everything changed. 

 

He desperately wants to make her as his and he did it. 

 

Without much effort, the girl, in fact, accepted him for whom he is. Except for the fact, it's already over for them now. 

 

Woojin currently laying on the bed with his arms above his forehead, heaving out a sigh as he recalled what happened to him since the previous week. It wasn't easy at all, to admit that he's the one who broke the things off first between the two of them. 

 

He's the one who let her go first. 

 

She wanted to hold onto him but... Woojin is the one who resolutely refused to take her hand.

 

Woojin... he never imagines he would do any of that. 

 

Suddenly, a knock on the door could be heard. As far as he knows, no one informs him that they're going out or anything because everything has been canceled due to the 'bad' weather. 

 

Woojin lazily reached for his phone on the desk beside the bed and started to scroll over the messages he has been intentionally ignoring for the past few hours. When he came across that one particular name, his eyes automatically shaking because there's actually a recent message coming from her. 

 

An hour ago... and there's a lot of it. 

 

10 unread messages but the only one she could see were the girl typed his name in the saddest way he could perceive it. 

 

He clamped his lower lips, feeling the foolish tears started to form in his very eyes, "Damn," He quickly wiped the non-existence tears on his cheeks. 

 

The peculiar knock suddenly becomes louder and louder; it totally disturbed him. Most likely it irritated him. 

 

Woojin woke up from the bed, walked towards the door to open and so close to scold whoever in front of it at the moment, "Why are you so---" He was terribly shocked because the one who knocked on his door, not someone from the trip but... 

 

"Kim Sohyun? Why are you here?"

 

There are sweats dripping down from her forehead as if she has been running all the way here, "A--Are you okay?" She asked, frantically trying to grasp for a breath. 

 

Woojin severely frowned to the sudden question, "What do you mean by okay?" He urged. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter