↬ e i g h t e e n ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

S U M M E R   V A C A T I O N   S P E C I A L   P A R T   I I

 

 

The initial plan was to play some games outside the house but when suddenly rain started to pour down so heavily, they eventually need to postpone their plan. It has purely been three hours since they're here but the unpredictable weather wouldn't support them at all. 

 

In the end, all of the kids in the house decided to lock themselves in their own room rather than going out and properly enjoying their trip. However, there are some of them steadfastly refused to only stay in the room and wanted to go outside, having some fun, though that's mean they're going to be alone. 

 

"Let's go out," Mina had invited the other guy that lives in the same room as her. 

 

Donghyun was currently scrolling over his Instagram account to be instantly updated on his friends' news. Well, somehow he still needs to know what Jiwon up to at the moment. Even if he could say he trusts Subin but still, Jiwon is his sister and it's his responsibility to take care of the little girl. 

 

Suddenly he came across a picture of Subin on someone else's Instagram, "So, he didn't hang out with Jiwon, after all?" Donghyun wasn't sure whether he should be happy or mad because of it. 

 

While Mina on the other side, attentively staring at Donghyun who kept ignoring all of her words, "Yah, Kim Donghyun!" She exaggerated her voice a little bit before pouted her lips and crossed her arms. 

 

Donghyun made an annoyed expression as he darted his eyes towards his roommate, "What?" He reluctantly asked. 

 

He actually listened to Mina but unanimously decided to disregard her because he merely didn't want to spend his time outside the house. Donghyun was originally preferred to stay inside rather than go out, though. And we could say he's actually grateful when suddenly rain started to pour down. 

 

"You're ignoring me again! I thought you said we could be friend!" Mina protested but Donghyun couldn't care less about it when he heaved out a profound sigh. 

 

"I don't want to go out," Donghyun answered promptly Mina's prior question before she inquired him for the second time. 

 

Somehow, everyone knows Donghyun couldn't refuse anyone's direct request at some point. 

 

As soon as Donghyun declined it, there you go, Mina was at present getting herself ready to go all out and persuade the only boy in the house who managed to capture her attention. 

 

"B---But I'm hungry. I want to eat something," Mina started to utilize her cute face and Donghyun who self-proclaimed cute by everyone else scarcely needs to let out a loud deep sigh when he marked that. 

 

He had rolled his eyes before he naturally focused on his phone back, trying to intentionally ignore whatever Mina tried to do at the moment. 

 

Mina scoffed, waking up from her bed as she went to Donghyun's and grabbed the phone from his hand, "Yah, Kang Mina!" 

 

That's presumably the first time ever people would heed Donghyun raised his voice. 

 

But for Mina, those things couldn't cease her from continuously being annoying, "Come and follow me if you want your phone back," She had stuck out her tongue as she snatched the handbag she has been prepared to go out and walked out from the room in instant. 

 

"Yah, Mina!" Donghyun had shouted again but the girl kept walking fearlessly, "Kang Mina!" 

 

The boy had kicked his blanket in evident annoyance before he brought himself up and chased after the girl. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minhyuk, are you really going to stay like this?" Yoojung looked longingly at her boyfriend whom currently playing some games on his phone. Minhyuk raised both of his eyebrows, querying the girl to typically continue her words, but she chose to stay quiet. 

 

The boy let out a silent sigh, place his phone aside formerly took a sit on the decent bed, resolutely facing Yoojung. He gnawed with her lips because he exactly allegedly knows what Yoojung wants to talk about. 

 

Clearly, it involves Park Jihoon. 

 

Yoojung won't stop unless both Minhyuk and Jihoon reconcile and admit each other's mistakes. But looking at the current situation, there's no possible sign any of them going to give up as their ego control themselves too much. 

 

"Jihoon is the one who started all of it," Minhyuk still refused to admit his own mistakes and placed it on someone else instead. 

 

Yoojung passed an unexplainable look towards him, "Minhyuk, you know that Jane loves Jihoon," She tried to force the boy sufficiently understand but she knows it wasn't easy at all to convince her boyfriend because he was originally stubborn at the first place. 

 

We could say most of them times Minhyuk lost in their useless arguments because his opponent was Yoojung. If it involves someone else, Minhyuk will be extremely sensitive on it. Especially, with friends. Minhyuk could never tolerate anything involving friends; including the one he's closest the most. 

 

"Okay," Yoojung nibbled her lips when Minhyuk has been giving her a silent treatment, "I know you treasured your friendship with Jihoon and Jane. And I know too, you didn't want Jane to get hurt. Yes, I admit Jihoon is not the one for Jane but he's our friend. We could at least try to trust him, though. Who knows he might change when he's in a relationship with Jane? Who knows Jihoon will like Jane eventually? We didn't know what will happen in the future, Minhyuk. We couldn't predict it." 

 

Minhyuk snorted indignantly, "Because we couldn't predict the future, we need to be more careful for it. Do you think Jihoon would treat Jane as a girlfriend? No, he won't. I know him, Yoojung. I know how he is. Ever since he broke up with Doyeon, nothing is right about him. He dated so many girls at once and dumped all of them in such a harsh way. Do you even know how many hearts have he broke? Countless Yoojung, it's countless. You didn't know how bad I feel every time I witnessㅡ"

 

"That's because you never declare anything about it, Minhyuk. You never stop him. You never even try and talk to him about it. You let him do all of that when you, yourself dislike it. And now that he wants to approach Jane for a reason we didn't know yet, you suddenly get mad. Because of what? Because he's about to do the same thing, he did to other girls. You never care before this, Minhyuk. You only care about it because it's Jane. It's your friend. You're affected by it."

 

His eyes were shaking upon the lengthy statement by his girlfriend.

 

"If you truly treat Jihoon as your friend, you would have probably stopped him a long time ago. Why now? Why now you have to make it look as if it's a big deal? Jane didn't even complain about it because she knows what's the end would look like. Because she knows Jihoon will never like her and used her for his own goods. Jane threw herself into it, so let her settle it by herself. She knows what she's doing. So just stop and reconcile with Jihoon. I know you can't be that cold to him for a long time. He's your friend anyway." 

 

Minhyuk clenched his fist, having an intense stare on the girl. He hates on how accurate all of her words sound to him. He hates the fact she knows him too well. He hates the fact he couldn't even say anything in this situation because... he will lose eventually. 

 

"Why do you have to mention all of those right things? Can't you at least see how hard I'm trying to not pick up any fight with you?" The boy complained bitterly, "Just, let's stop talking about it. I don't want to hear about it anymore."

 

"Till when Park Minhyuk? Till you finally lost one of your friends, only by then you're going to reconcile with him? I'm not going to ask you to admit your mistakes but just, understand Jihoon at the very least." 

 

Instead of offering any response to the girl, Minhyuk grabbed his phone and his wallet being put on the desk beside the bed before he walked out from the room. 

 

"Yah, Park Minhyuk! I'm not done talking, yet! Where are you going?!" 

 

Minhyuk blatantly ignored her. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter