↬ n i n e ↫

Life Like Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Yena's POV

 

The house was incredibly grand to me. Though it's a shared room, at the very least it has a bathroom in every room; which means I don't have to share it with anyone else other than Yuqi. I have been living with Yuqi for the past five years so it was assuredly not a big deal for me.

 

I've heard there's a real actress live in the house too. What's her name again... Kim Sohyun? Yes, Kim Sohyun! I've seen her in School 2015 before; well, the real reason I saw the drama was because of Yook Sungjae but since she's the main actress, so yeah. Sigh, I still can't believe she chose Nam Joohyuk at the end when Sungjae had done everything for her.

 

I might need to deal about it with her later!

 

"Yuqi, what are you going to do today?" I talked to the girl whom lazily laying on the bed in Korean since she proposed me to do so, likely wanting to get used with the environment as soon as possible. Expertly, she couldn't expect for me to translate everything to her forever, right?

 

She frowned, taking some time to comprehend my words, "Oh," Yuqi responded when she could finally understand, "I'm going to meet with Lucas later," The latter answered in English and thanks God I could grasp that. Learning other languages did help me a lot in surviving.

 

"I'm going to find for someone so see you later!" I informed her and escaped the room with happy steps. I went down the stairs because to be honest, I have no idea where should I go at the moment, so I decided to have a tour around the house instead.

 

As I got to the first floor, someone bumped into me, "Hey!" I greeted him, and he inclined his head up, looking at me with a frown on his face, "Oh, you're the same guy I saw yesterday right?" I asked and it actually flustered him; a lot.

 

"H--Hi," He stuttered.

 

I chuckled upon his cute reaction, "Hey, chill, I'm not going to eat you, don't worry," My left eyes automatically winked as if it has been established to be that way, "You still haven't answer to my question!" His eyes widened to my sudden exclamation.

 

"Wh--What?" 

 

My lips curved upwards, "Oh God, I'm sorry boy that you kept stuttering everytime you talk to me. I could assure you I'm not a bad girl, I'm just a sneaky one. You could probably fall in love with me though," I claimed.

 

The situation went silent for a while as if I'm the only one exist in the house. The boy in front of me was allowing his eyes looking at me with a puzzled expression. At that moment, I completely realized that I might make a mistake because he didn't know me, and that's mean, he wouldn't understand why the hell I behave like this. 

 

"Sorry," My sudden apologize managed to startle him for the nth times, "You must be thinking like, 'who the hell this weird girl?' 'why the hell she's acting like this?'," I uttered, "I know, I know, because that's what most people think about me."

 

He cut my words, "I don't think so."

 

"Y--Yes?" It's about the time for me to get startle by his words. Frankly saying, I'm completely speechless because that would be the first time I ever heard anyone tell me I wasn't weird. It has consistently been that way... to be honest.

 

People would typically look at me with a weird stare, judging me so hard as if I did something bad but seriously, it's me trying to be me. Nothing much, though.

 

The latter chuckled, "You're cute," A compliment came out from his lips in the most unexpected situation, "So, what do you want to ask me?" Happen, he could prop himself together after some time.

 

"Oh, yes," I tried to avert his eyes because he was literally having a smile plastered on his face presently, "Can I know where is Yoojung's room?" My question managed to form a furrow on his eyebrows.

 

"Why Yoojung?" He unconsciously sought me the question, "Okay, sorry," Presumably, he never fails to surprise me, "She stays in the room number 201," The latter notified me and I gave him a slight bow before I resume in climbing up the stairs.

 

But as I was half-way done, I basically remembered there was something I haven't asked him yet, "Oh, yes," I toss back my head around, looking at the boy whom still standing at where I leave him before as if he's waiting for me to reach the last floor, "What is your name? Since you know mine, I should know yours too," I tilted my head with a slight smile curved on my lips.

 

He gulped, clearing his throat before answering my question, "Hong Joochan. Just call me, Joochan." 

 

"Hong Joochan. That's a really lovely name," I flashed a smile before continue climbing up the stairs. Out of sudden, I halted myself, peeking downstairs and he was still there at the same spot, "See you later, Hong Joochan!" I emphasized on his name.

 

I walked through the hallways with a light step until I reached the last room. I looked at my room at the end of the hallway as well, "That's far," I complained, clearly wasn't pleased with it. At the end, I still knocked on the door waiting for someone to spread it, "Choi Yoojung!" I happily greeted the girl, but she was having an extremely deep frown on her face.

 

"Choi Yena?!" Her husky voice came out; well to be honest both of us have the same voice tone, "What are you doing here?" The girl asked, didn't expect of my sudden appearance here.

 

I extended my hand doing a flowery pose, "I live here," I informed her.

 

"What?!" Her voice pitched up, conquering the whole house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Song Yuqi's POV

 

Who will ever expect, a nineteen years old girl would have a fiancee. That's pretty odd right? I should have focused on my study, yet my parents bothered me with a marriage. Can you believe they requested me to see Yukhei and set the date to unite us together?

 

That's most likely the reason why I came to Korea. To be honest, who would ever be getting married to someone you barely know? I don't care if Yukhei's father is my father's best friend. All I care about is my future with him. 

 

Can I ever be happy after I get married to him? 

 

I was currently waiting for Yukhei at the mall near the boarding house since he insisted to see me. It has purely been the second day I'm in this place but a lot of things already happened and I wasn't sure on how I should face the next three years.

 

As I was thinking on my future later on, someone silently gripped the vacant seat in front of me, "Oh, Yukhei, hi," I greeted him in Chinese since I felt it was more casual to talk in our native language.

 

Ugh, I wasn't even going to mention the fact I'm the only whom taking the Cultural Studies course in the house. In other words, I will be alone throughout my university life. Sigh, poor myself.

 

"So, what?" He abruptly interrogated me though I haven't mentioned anything yet. Wow, I could assure everyone I won't like the boy in front of me at the moment.

 

I raised both of my eyebrows, pretending that I don't understand his question when obviously I did. Why Yukhei acts like the problem sounds so easy to him? Doesn't he know they're currently in a plan of arranged marriage? 

 

Consequently, I took a sip of the ice americano I ordered before, "Can you order something to drink first? I'm pretty sure you will get exhausted when we started talking later," I told; most likely mocking him. He rolled his eyes, passed a glare towards me; totally wasn't pleased with my reaction towards his question, "Don't expect me to say anything if you're going to act like a , Wong Yukhei."

 

As if the words '' triggered him, he got up from the seat and went to the counter to order his drink. I looked at him walking away from me with a total annoyed stare. In earnest, I'm already starting to hate him. There will be no way I would agree with my parent's decision requesting me to marry him.

 

There will be no way and my words have been concluded this way.

 

Yukhei walked towards me with a tray in his hand. I was actually expecting for him to bring a cup of drink only but turns out there are two plates of cakes as well, "I don't know which one you like so I bought both," He secured his original seat.

 

I frowned at his sudden kind gesture, "Why are you doing this?" I urged, because basically I could neither trust him nor being nice to him yet. There's a lot of things I need to know about him and it might take some time for me to actually being comfortable around him.

 

I've always been wary with people around me, so it will be quite hard for me to adjust with the environment around her. Put differently, I have nothing but Yena in Korea. Choi Yena would be the only one I could rely upon while I'm staying here. 

 

"Okay, I'm sorry for being a jerk. That's merely because I want to make you hate on me," He explained on why he's acting like that a moment ago.

 

I heaved out a silent sigh, "Stop. Before you say anything, allow me to say something first," I halted him from talking, "For your information, I have never agreed to this stupid idea from the start. I don't know how and why our parents managed to set us in one frame but trust me, I wanted this to stop as much as you desire it to be. Correctly, I couldn't just say yes when they appealed to me to marry a stranger but then I couldn't say no too since I'm the only child in the family. Hence, I need to agree with a condition, I will engage with you first.,"

 

After my lengthy explanation, ultimately, I could see his expression lightened up a little bit, "Glad to hear we're in the same page," I couldn't expect he would flash a smile towards me. It's plainly odd to see a smile coming from a face that was originally looked at me with intense eyes.

 

"I just want to inform you, both of us needs to work together and cancel this stupid plan," Yukhei immediately nodded to my words, presumably agree with my plan now, "So, let's work together well," I lent out my hand, offered a handshake with him.

 

The latter awkwardly clutched my hand into his before shrugging his shoulders and continued eating the cake in front of him; in spite of that he bought it for me... as far as I remembered, "Eat," He offered me with the cake.

 

At the very least, I gained a friend on the second day I stayed in Korea, right?

 

Suddenly, a question came across my mind. I have constantly been wanted to seek him since yesterday, "By the way, who was the girl with you yesterday? She has an outstanding visual. Well, beautiful,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter