Broken Clocks

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae’s POV*

Early the next morning we took the first train to Inch’on as planned. Everyone seemed to be well rested and full of energy. Even Himchan was interacting a little more than before. I was glad that he was talking again and carrying on conversation, even if it was the bare minimum. I was afraid that he had given up, but this was progress.

“Ah! Sleeping in a bed was so much more comfortable than sleeping on the ground floor of a forest.” Yoseob stretched happily, “I feel so much more alive. I didn’t want to wake up. It felt like I was sleeping on clouds.” He squealed t, the pure innocent smile never leaving his cute baby face.

“Yah, no need to brag.” Junhyung elbowed the younger.

Yoseob’s smile vanished into an adorable scowl. “I said that you could sleep on the bed…but that’s your fault.” He said, poking the elder’s nose at each syllable. “But I knew you did it for me. Kumawo!” Yoseob’s smile reappeared.

“That’s more like it.” Junhyung said, leaning back in his seat.

I chuckled, it was cute watching them.

“What? What are you thinking?” Daehyun questioned, noticing me laughing. “Huh?” was my half-hearted response, I was still distracted by Yoseob and Junhyung.

“What’s with that smile?...Oh? You’re watching them? That’s creepy Youngjae.” He figured it out on his own.

“They’re really cute.” I smiled in admiration.

Daehyun only pouted at his.

“Bwoh? Why are you suddenly making that face?” I questioned.

“We’re cute too~…” he said.

I felt my cheeks get hot, not expecting the statement. “It doesn’t count when one of us says it.” I laughed a little, shaking my head.

“Aah~, is that how it works then? Okay…Hey Jun K-,”

“Wait Daehyun, that’s not what I mea-,”

“Do you think Youngjae and I make a cute couple?” He asked anyway.

I felt my face get hot all the way up to the tips of my ears. Did he really just ask that? “Daehyun~…” I whined, quietly, lightly hitting the side of his leg.

I made eye contact with Himchan who gave me a small amused smile. He really was trying to get better. I returned the small smile.

“Cute? Hmm~, actually I do think you guys are cut. Youngjae is the one that makes the relationship adorable.” Jun K smirked, embarrassing me even more.

“What? What about me? I am the dominant one.” Daehyun said.

My jaw dropped. “Daehyun!”

“Looks like someone is in trouble.” Jun K sang, returning to the newspaper he had been reading.

I pinched his ear getting angry, yanking his head lower. “Ah-Ah ooww~,” he whimpered. “What did you just say? I know you didn’t just say that in front of everyone!” I growled in his ear.

“Youngjae…” He suddenly said.

“What?!” I spat, still not releasing his ear that was now turning red. “…don’t you think it’s a little dirty for you to growl in my ear like this…” a sly smile crept on his face as he said this.

My face was burning red. “Yah! Do you wanna die?!” I snapped loudly, gaining attention from the other passengers. “I’m glad I was able to keep your mind off the war.” He said quietly.

I sighed, releasing his ear. “You play too much.” I said, suddenly feeling exhausted. He just smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. “I love you~….” He cooed. “Yeah, yeah…I know.”

 

 

A couple of hours later, we finally arrived at Inch’on. It was honestly a simpler travel than I had though it would’ve been. I guess splitting up was a good idea.

“Let’s wait here for now.” Jun K said as we reached the exit of the train station.

“Don’t we have to meet at Chantelle’s Aunt’s house?” Daehyun questioned.

“Yeah, but her Aunt doesn’t trust anyone. The only way she’d let us in is if Chantelle is with us. So, we’ll have to wait until she gets here.” Jun K explained. Daehyun nodded in understanding.

I honestly didn’t want to get off that train. The atmosphere was surprisingly light and everyone seemed to actually be enjoying themselves for once. However, the atmosphere hadn’t dampened just yet though.

Daehyun, Junhyung, and Jun K were talking seriously about future plans of what we should do concerning the war. Himchan and Yoseob spoke about random stuff, Yoseob doing most of the talking.

“Oh! Look!” Yoseob suddenly interrupted himself, pointing to a convenient store that stood across the street. “That’s the hidden convenient store.” He announced.

“Hidden?” Himchan repeated in confusion.

“Well, it’s not hidden to us, but it’s a convenient store just for demons. Only we can go in. Humans can’t even see it, so it’s hidden to them.” Yoseob explained.

“Oooh~,” Himchan and I nodded in understanding.

“Should we check it out?” I suggested.

“Yeah, maybe there are some blood packets. It’s been a while since we’ve fed.” Himchan agreed. “And hunting might not be such a good idea. Especially in a city like this.”

The three of us nodded in agreement and stood up. “Junnie~, we’re going to the convenient store. We’ll be back.” Yoseob called to Junhyung. The elder nodded before returning to his conversation.

 

 

“It looks like a regular convenient store.” Himchan noted when we arrived. “Of course. It’s a convenient store. What did you expect?” Yoseob chuckled.

“That’s true.” Himchan smiled in slight embarrassment.

The three of us roamed around the small store, looking for anything useful. There were a lot of stuff in the store, making it seem slightly crowded.

I looked around the shelves, unable to find any blood packets. I shuttered at the thought. Even though I’ve been a vampire for a while now, I still didn’t like the idea of drinking blood, though my body felt otherwise.

I looked up seeing a shelf full of blood tablets. “Hm…would these work?” I thought aloud, grabbing one of the small containers. Just then I felt a strong hand cover my nose and mouth with a handkerchief and the next thing I knew, everything went black.

 

*Third Person POV*

Chantelle, Jaehwan, Taekwoon, Hongbin, Hyuk, Hakyeon, and Ravi all met up with Jun K and the others. “Oh, I see you guys made it before us.” Chantelle said.

“Of course. Didn’t you know that I’m a timely person?” Jun K smirked.

“So, are we going to wait for the others?” Hyuk asked.

Chantelle shook her head, “It’ll be too big of a group. Thirteen is already big enough. We’ll just meet them at the house.”

Jaehwan scanned the other group, seeing that there was only three of them. “Where’s Youngjae, Himchan, and Yoseob?” He finally asked.

“They went to check out that convenient store.” Junhyung answered pointing to the place with his thumb.

Jaehwan and Ravi looked around in mere confusion. “What convenient store?” the two humans asked simultaneously.

“Aah~, you guys can’t see it because it’s a demon convenient store. Only demons can see and go into it.” Jun K explained, a smile on his face. “Really? That’s so cool!” Hyuk squealed, very intrigued.

Daehyun had remained silent the whole time, focusing on the feeling in his chest. Why can’t I suddenly feel Jae’s emotions?

“We need to go to the convenient store. Something isn’t right.” His tone dead serious, earning everyone’s attention.

“Junhyung and I will go with you.” Jun K said. The younger just nodded, being the first to make his way to the store. The other two trailed behind.

 

 

Youngjae slowly opened his eyes to be met with a dark room, barely lit by a dim light bulb that hung desperately from the ceiling. How did I…? The vampire looked down, seeing that he was tied up to a chair and a black cloth gagged his mouth. What the heck is going on?!

He struggled in his , but he was tied tight. Where am I? He thought to himself…Daehyun…

“Well, well, well…who would’ve known we’d be meeting like this?” Sooyoung stepped into the dim light. The low level of light making her look almost evil.

Youngjae narrowed his eyes at her, not the least bit surprised. “Too bad your hero Daehyun isn’t here to save you.” The elder vampire mocked.

Youngjae didn’t say anything. He couldn’t.

Sooyoung scowled at him, “You’re still just as weak as before. You’re just a waste of Daehyun’s energy.” She said with much spite in her voice. Youngjae held his glare, not letting her words affect him.

“Jisoo!” Sooyoung called angrily.

A man dressed in all white and wore a white scarf over his mouth and nose, appeared behind her. “Let’s get this over with. The longer I see him the more disgusted I become.” Sooyoung sneered.

The man pulled out a small rectangular velvet box.

 

 

Daehyun rushed into the convenient store only to have Himchan and Yoseob freeze at his presence. Junhyung and Jun K followed in behind, scanning the area only to see that they were one man short.

“Where’s Youngjae?” Daehyun asked.

Himchan only looked away. He felt terrible, he could’ve sworn that Youngjae was here minutes ago, but then he was gone without a struggle. “We were just looking for him…and were hoping he returned to you guys.” Yoseob said quietly.

Daehyun didn’t understand.

“What happened?” He asked.

Yoseob’s eyes went wide, “We don’t…we don’t know. Once minute he was there. I turn around to do something, then turn back around and suddenly…he’s…not there anymore…” Yoseob’s voice trailed off towards the end.

Daehyun’s breathing became heavy. He tried to remain calm, but it didn’t make sense. “This is my fault…” he breathed under his breath.

“How does someone just disappear?” Daehyun growled, his irises swirling red, having an idea of who was behind this.

Junhyung walked passed the younger, standing besides Yoseob, who was unable to look at anyone. “Let’s keep looking. He has to be here somewhere. People don’t just disappear.” He said, moving everyone to action.

 

 

Jisoo stepped in front of Youngjae, pulling out what looked like a small hand held watch, dangling from a thin silver chain. Youngjae’s face contorted with confusion.

“Keep your eyes on the clock.” Sooyoung ordered.

Youngjae refused and shut his eyes.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes in annoyance. She snapped her fingers, forcing his eyes wide open and temporarily paralyzing him so he wouldn’t be able to budge.

Youngjae began to panic as the miniature clock came into the major focus of his view.

Jisoo stared into Youngjae’s eyes, preparing his power for Sooyoung’s orders.

Sooyoung smirk

Please log in to read the full chapter